Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 09:14 PM

35 posts, read 127,358 times

Advertisements

I have been researching Lake Keowee on the Internet. The homes,lake and surroundings look spectacular. Thanks to those who recommended it. Can anyone tell me whether or not there are any small business /shopping areas around the Lake? ,within just a few minutes?. Or,is it necessary to travel more like fifteen minutes or more for banking,doctor,hardware stores, etc.? Are there certain specific parts of the lake which anyone can particularly recommend? I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who can shed additional light about living around this particular lake. Thankyou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 06:29 AM

286 posts, read 1,477,476 times
The southern half of the lake is busier and also closer to the conveniences of town (15 minutes). The northern half of the lake, for the time being, is more country and remote feeling (also prettier). From the Northern tip of the Lake, you could be a half hours drive to any sort of business and shopping, short of convenient stores.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:41 AM

124 posts, read 521,639 times
My parents live on the South part of the lake near Seneca. Very pretty, close to shopping (ramcat alley) also, regular conveniences like Bi-Lo, Ingles, Wal*mart etc. And entertainment movie theaters, Clemson University performing arts theater. Anderson is not too far away. Excellent place to live and has a small town feel... but it is growing and lake property has increased in value quite a bit in the last 5 years.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:49 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Default Realities of living near Lake Keowee

Have any of you lived near Seneca (or known someone who lived there)/ We are considering retiring to Lake Norman area, but took a side trip down to Lake Keowee, and now we're wondering if we should also consider that area. It's so beautiful! But--what's the reality of living there? It looks like paradise, but it also looks pretty isolated. Greenville is an hour's drive away. Does this mean it's boring? Do you have to drive long distances day in and day out? Is medical care convenient? Etc. etc. Any opinions?

Old 01-26-2007, 06:34 PM

124 posts, read 521,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromVAtoNC View Post
Have any of you lived near Seneca (or known someone who lived there)/ We are considering retiring to Lake Norman area, but took a side trip down to Lake Keowee, and now we're wondering if we should also consider that area. It's so beautiful! But--what's the reality of living there? It looks like paradise, but it also looks pretty isolated. Greenville is an hour's drive away. Does this mean it's boring? Do you have to drive long distances day in and day out? Is medical care convenient? Etc. etc. Any opinions?
Like I stated above my parents retired in Seneca. It is definitely slower paced (if you have to wait at a stop light more than one cycle through that is considered heavy traffic). They looked at Norman originally but found it to be too crowded. YOu have a great university near by with Clemson plenty of daily shopping needs right in Seneca. Georgia and Tennessee boarders are really close. Great rivers and mountain hiking near by. Lake Keowee is awesome as well with all the little fingers jetting off from it, with cool little waterfalls to view or play in. I would move there if I did not need to be close to a larger city for work. Plus the weather is very good their most heavy storms are moderately shielded by the mountains.

Boring? It all depends on what you are into. They moved from Michigan down there about 5 years ago and have been having more fun and are busier than they ever were up north. Great new comers groups too.

As far as reality of living. Good fields would probably be medical industry, construction, teacher at local school or Clemson University.

Good luck with your search hope some of that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina