Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 06:25 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 9 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times

Advertisements

The large number of Democrats on this forum makes it a challenge for a conservative to sincerely answer a conservative's question.

The gentleman asked about climate in SC for conservatives but a Democrat m1a1mg is on here using the word moron and muttering about screen names, some kind of ruse I assume

This is why I point out SC is not really a red state. You can't escape people like this if you are a Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 07:03 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
The reason you annoy the heck out of me is that you constantly repeat the same lies. I’m not a Democrat by any means. I’m a right of center conservative. Your ilk is so far right that anything less is not going to cut it.

And every single person here knows you are the same person who comes back repeatedly. Heck you even refer to things you posted under other user names that have been banned.

Old 02-29-2024, 07:29 AM

Your issue with me is I have pointed out Charleston has recently erected a statue of former Democrat senator Fritz Hollings in downtown.

The former mayor and the newspaper portrayed Hollings as a civil rights hero despite Fritz's segregationist past. You are a big fan of Fritz. He was not a conservative.

The only reason I talk about this is people with your views call Republicans racist.

You say I repeat same lies but don't specify what I said that upsets you and how it is a lie. A discussion about specifics would show otherwise. That's why you make vague accusations.

I supported the Florida governor in this primary. He win the swing state by 20 points. The last two elections I supported a guy who won blue states in 2016. Can't say he's far right. Hard to say I'm far right, whatever that means

Last edited by LakeMan45; 02-29-2024 at 08:02 AM..

Old 02-29-2024, 09:03 AM

A quick search on your name and keyword Trump pulls up posts with you criticizing Trump and defending Biden, even on the Afghanistan pullout.

You won't be able to convince conservatives you are one.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 02-29-2024 at 09:22 AM..

Old 02-29-2024, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMan45 View Post
Your issue with me is I have pointed out Charleston has recently erected a statue of former Democrat senator Fritz Hollings in downtown.
Nope. You, in all iterations, refuse to discuss topics rationally. You, who is supposedly a Clemson educated engineer, can't understand the difference between facts and anecdotal supposition. That's why I don't particularly like you. As a former Soldier I may be rough around the edges when I comment, but you are the most intensively sensitive person I've come across on the boards.

Quote:
The former mayor and the newspaper portrayed Hollings as a civil rights hero despite Fritz's segregationist past. You are a big fan of Fritz. He was not a conservative.
NOPE AGAIN. I was never a big fan of Fritz, although he did a lot for the Lowcountry. But, as a Christian, one must forgive someone who asks for forgiveness. Fritz saw the error of his ways, switched parties, and moved on. You can't seem to. The fact that being told that too many times by me and others indicates either an outright lie, a lie of omission, or maybe you just have reading comprehension issues.

Quote:
The only reason I talk about this is people with your views call Republicans racist.
Nope one more time. People like me, and many others here, point out the racist actions of a lot of members of the far right who should be held to task for those abhorrent actions. I don't label all Republicans as racist. Never have, never will. You continually post the lie that we call the Republicans racist when we never have.

Quote:
You say I repeat same lies but don't specify what I said that upsets you and how it is a lie. A discussion about specifics would show otherwise. That's why you make vague accusations.
You continually refer to me a a Democrat. I have corrected you on this multiple times. I'm a centrist Republican who is against all the hate the far right brings to the table.

Quote:
supported the Florida governor in this primary. He win the swing state by 20 points. The last two elections I supported a guy who won blue states in 2016. Can't say he's far right. Hard to say I'm far right, whatever that means
Your post history, as Simpsonvillian, ClemVegas, and others would lead a reasonable person to think otherwise.

Old 02-29-2024, 09:19 AM

Quote:
A quick search on your name and keyword Trump pulls up posts with you criticizing Trump and defending Biden, even on the Afghanistan pullout.
Funny that I person who just started posting in Feb 23 is familiar with all of the past history here.

Hmmmmmm!!

Old 02-29-2024, 09:32 AM

You are a centrist Republican who considers a Republican who won blue states far right, and supports the most liberal president on policy. Not believable.

You have no pointed to anything that I posted on this topic is a lie. You are talking about your background but nobody cares. Not related to the question of the topic. The question isn't about your life story. A person in Boise isn't gonna move to SC

because m1a1mj was a soldier or has an obsession with screenames Its time to log off and touch grass if you are making posts about screennames on a relocation topic. Just that you can remember screennames is weird. I'd probably forget my screenname if I cleared my browser history. It seems like you need so e hobbies.

Fritz never switched parties. He was a Democrat segregationist and stayed in the party after. But you say I lie

No one has to forgive Fritz for anything or believe he changed or agree he deserved a statue. Robert Lee did good things but his statues were removed and melted down

It is probable the gentleman from Boise is the type of Republican you call racist. Conservatives have to read through your partisan rhetoric on a relocation topic.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 02-29-2024 at 10:16 AM..

Old 02-29-2024, 11:55 AM

Goodbye, you aren't worth 1% of the effort to deal with.

Old 03-04-2024, 09:33 AM

12,882 posts, read 18,736,837 times
There was a timeline.

Bad Fritz on race : good Fritz on race

The statue is for good Fritz on race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina