Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 02:13 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by salutethehill View Post
Lots of towns outside the cities fit this criteria. I am partial to Greer.
Greer is a cute little town but it is growing very rapidly. Our son and his family live there and the houses in the neighborhood have skyrocketed in value in the last four or five years. Their house has almost tripled since 2010 when they bought. It might be tough to find a house around “$200k”. Townhouse maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2023, 05:47 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Since it references Columbia next to the title of the thread.. I will focus on that. Camden may be a slightly cheaper alternative to Lexington/Irmo/Cayce especially if you want to be on a direct route to say Charlotte or Myrtle Beach. Nice small historic town with newer housing in the Lugoff-Elgin area and still very accessible to Columbia with less traffic then coming in from Irmo on I-26. There are more amenities for sure in Lexington/Irmo but you still have access to a few state parks and outdoors on the Camden Kershaw County side.

Old 11-14-2023, 06:27 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
Suburban Greenville County offers decent schools, mostly low crime, a wonderful parks system for your kids to play in, pretty well-run local government and police, and not-insane home prices. Close to plenty of mountains, and close enough to the beach for occasional vacations (while still well out of the high-hurricane-risk area)

Five years ago I would say outstanding home prices, but there's been significant increases since then and it's only OK now.

Old 02-15-2024, 10:36 PM

301 posts, read 176,335 times
Thanks. I've been researching and I like some outer areas of Columbia. When I come later I'll look more. Aiken prices appeal to me also. The peedee area seems depressed. Charleston is way high in price. Orangeburg county is cheap but not sure about the job market there or potential to have a business and have people pay for the service.

Old 02-16-2024, 04:41 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,955,432 times
Look into Lexington, Chapin, Blythewood, Elgin, Camden very affordable and not far from the city. You can actually be outside of the city of Columbia with the city address and be in a rural area so don’t go by city limits in SC.

Old 02-17-2024, 11:30 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
Thanks. I've been researching and I like some outer areas of Columbia. When I come later I'll look more. Aiken prices appeal to me also. The peedee area seems depressed. Charleston is way high in price. Orangeburg county is cheap but not sure about the job market there or potential to have a business and have people pay for the service.
If considering the PD.. may want to look at Florence or Hartsville....they are less "depressing"

Old 04-06-2024, 02:16 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
To me affordable would probably be to a town where retirees haven't flocked to with their life savings. Traffic isn't a concern.

I'm open to the whole state. I lived near Charlotte and liked it, also lived way west of Asheville and liked it. Grew up on the coast, so I appreciate proximity to the ocean, but I'm not so set on anything in particular.

Oh, I lean conservative. I don't think that matters though because SC as a whole is more conservative, even when liberals cheat. I'm comfortable around anyone because idiots are a dime a dozen everywhere.
That is nonsense. A lie. The liberals do not "cheat", they vote. If you don't like the way they vote, move someplace else. This is simply a false narrative (meaning a lie) that Trumpers like to bring up. The elections are fair, and the way people vote is the way they vote.

Old 04-07-2024, 05:43 AM

308 posts, read 468,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
That is nonsense. A lie. The liberals do not "cheat", they vote. If you don't like the way they vote, move someplace else. This is simply a false narrative (meaning a lie) that Trumpers like to bring up. The elections are fair, and the way people vote is the way they vote.
Amen brother, the Republicans literally run this state so if you have issues you may want to look at your representatives and ask yourself are they doing enough? Can’t scapegoat the Democrats when they are not in power in this state.

Old 04-07-2024, 08:34 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 8 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
Many on your side oppose the photo ID requirement to vote in SC and assert it suppresses the minority vote in SC and other states. They compare photo ID to vote to Jim Crow laws. That must mean they are questioning our elections.

There were people who questioned elections in 2016 and blamed the outcome on "Russia collusion" who now pretend they don't question elections.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 04-07-2024 at 08:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina