Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 08:30 PM

4,441 posts, read 4,352,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
Says a member of the organization (but won't admit it) that wants to end the lives of unborn babies in a torturous manner, supported draconian lockdowns, force masks and vaccines on people or get them fired from their jobs, opposes gun rights, supports high taxation, raids the homes of their political enemies on fake pretenses while at the same time making silly claims such as Hunter's laptop is Russian "misinformation", support policies that increase inflation and gas prices , support immigration policies that increase unemployment and suppress wages, support defunding the police and low bail policies which have made our cities unsafe , etc. Your organization wants to jail political opponents (including the My Pillow guy) for questioning the last election despite a long history of questioning election results to include 2016 ("Russia collusion"). Nobody on the right tried to jail those people.

There is a reason why refugees from countries like Cuba support Republicans.

There is no pro choice person on here who can name one prominent Democrat who would accept any week restriction on abortion, not even 1 minute before birth. Yet you describe your political opponents as extremists. We are supposed to believe the baby suddenly springs to life as it is being born, or not care the unborn baby has life and can feel pain. That doesn't sound like "following the science" or compassionate.
You stop caring about live once a baby is born. You don’t care about anybody who isn’t a straight white rich male Christian. You want to bow down to your savior Donald Trump. You wish America would go back to its “roots” when only your type had rites. You’re a regressive just like some radical leftist are. Just admit it. I’m a true Libertarian I have a hard time supporting any political regime that restricts the right of the individual. Right now the far right is the biggest threat to Democracy we have seen in some time. The far left line AOC and Bernie Sanders have no real power so they’re irrelevant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
There you go with the y’all stuff. You are the partisan one, not I.

Liz Chaney supports gay marriage. She said she was wrong to oppose it.

Donald J. Trump was not in gay marriage advocates’ camp. He merely stayed out of it, and when asked about it following the SCOTUS ruling, he said the court had ruled and that he was okay with it. Gee, thanks for your after-the-fact, half-hearted support Mr. Former President. Biden was for same-sex marriage long before it was sexy.
Well anyone who is against gay marriage actively supports a hate crime so…..

Old 09-14-2022, 09:00 PM

13,044 posts, read 18,911,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I don’t get it.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:03 PM

1,290 posts, read 796,544 times
Quote:

Donald J. Trump was not in gay marriage advocates’ camp. He merely stayed out of it, and when asked about it following the SCOTUS ruling, he said the court had ruled and that he was okay with it. Gee, thanks for your after-the-fact, half-hearted support Mr. Former President. Biden was for same-sex marriage long before it was sexy.
Trump expressed support for gay marriage on The Apprentice well before he ran for office.

Your party opposed gay marriage until polls moved in the other direction. They clearly prefer Bush and Liz to a gay marriage supporter in Trump and you don't seem to mind.

I still don't get why you brought up gay marriage on this topic. I guess you aren't comfortable defending your party's position on abortion which is no restrictions right up to birth and perhaps a few minutes after.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I don’t get it.
What’s not to get? There’s no excuse for not at the very least respecting gay marriage in 2022.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:27 PM

Trump told the protestors to do so peacefully. Never told anybody to enter the capitol. Why would he want that? It didn't help him politically.

The people like Ray Epps who encouraged people to enter the capitol on video have not been arrested. The people around Epps started chanting "fed fed fed" after he told them to enter the capitol. Meanwhile an unarmed grandmother who walked peacefully into the building with the door wide open was sent to jail for 2 months. There's another video of a capitol policeman trying to close the door to keep out the protesters, and another man blocking him from doing it. The other man looks up at a camera in the building prior to that action. This man was not arrested. This was coordinated by somebody in the government. There's no innocent explanation for it.

You hate Trump so much that you are missing one of the biggest scandals in American history, along with the Russia collusion hoax, one of the most implausible hoaxes of all time. I saw a poll where 50% of Democrats believe the Hunter laptop is "Russian disinformation". I can't decide if you guys are really that gullible or understand what the game is. You are saying people in government who do hoaxes to hurt their political opponents are the guardians of democracy.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 09-14-2022 at 10:13 PM..

Old 09-15-2022, 12:57 PM

13,044 posts, read 18,911,033 times
Quote:
Trump expressed support for gay marriage on The Apprentice well before he ran for office.

Your party opposed gay marriage until polls moved in the other direction. They clearly prefer Bush and Liz to a gay marriage supporter in Trump and you don't seem to mind.

I still don't get why you brought up gay marriage on this topic. I guess you aren't comfortable defending your party's position on abortion which is no restrictions right up to birth and perhaps a few minutes after.
Too bad he wasn’t emphatic about his gay marriage support as president, including telling his supporters who are so outspoken against it that they didn’t speak for him and that he wholeheartedly supported it.

It’s not my party, so cut it out. I vote for individuals, not for a party. Once again, Liz Cheney said she was wrong to oppose gay marriage and now supports it.

Follow the parallel rationale for why I brought up gay marriage (not gay marriage but political games) in this thread. And the two parties’ side-by-side abortion platforms by themselves don’t make the GOP a better choice imo.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:28 PM

17,722 posts, read 15,485,891 times
Quote:

TBH here.. And this is just my opinion.. I don't really think Trump gave a rats butt one way or another about gay marriage.. Or many other things. He said what he needed to in order to get the backing of the republican party.

As I recall, back in the day.. He made statements that were pretty middle of the road on abortion.

This isn't anything shocking at all.. I think, if you PRIVATELY asked many politicians.. Their views would be much more moderate than what they espouse. regardless of what side they're on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post

Anyone who calls someone who disagrees with something a racist, nazi, fascist, communist, pedophile or any other 'buzz word' has already lost the argument. They've gone the 5 year old route of name calling.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:52 PM

2,976 posts, read 1,032,904 times
Quote:
In my experience, most people who self describe as independents, moderates and libertarians are Democrats. They seem to lack confidence.
But we make up for it in geography knowledge.

Old 09-15-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Too bad he wasn’t emphatic about his gay marriage support as president, including telling his supporters who are so outspoken against it that they didn’t speak for him and that he wholeheartedly supported it.

It’s not my party, so cut it out. I vote for individuals, not for a party. Once again, Liz Cheney said she was wrong to oppose gay marriage and now supports it.

Follow the parallel rationale for why I brought up gay marriage (not gay marriage but political games) in this thread. And the two parties’ side-by-side abortion platforms by themselves don’t make the GOP a better choice imo.
I don't know how it is a "game" for a Senator to introduce legislation to protect unborn babies who feel pain if he is pro life. I don't follow how you can post on here that scientists say the unborn baby can feel pain at week 26 but still support people who are fine with abortions after 26 weeks up to birth. You haven't named any viable candidate in any non-GOP party that would agree to a restriction after 26 weeks. Somebody like Tulsi Gabbard probably would do a deal but she can't get elected as a Democrat. Given the strategy of many pro choicers is to characterize pro lifers as sexists, agreeing to any restriction undermines that characterization because they would be doing deals with people they called sexist.

The point of being in Congress is to propose and pass legislation. You are saying a Senator doing something that is part of his job is a game.

I believe one day society will view this issue in the same way we view slavery now.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 09-15-2022 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: