Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 04:24 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Tractor Supply Company seeks free standing store locations with 25,000 square feet for interior retail space and at least 10,000 square feet for exterior sales space.
Let me rephrase the question - whats the square footages of former Freds locations that TSC would NOT fit in, since they seek 25000sf interior space, and since this is Anderson, (I agree with JAndrew, this belongs in the GSP forum) are there any Freds buildings that it would fit in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 08:30 PM

192 posts, read 207,397 times
UPDATE ON RURAL KING!

Rural King is no longer considering the Sears space since they want an Anderson location for Rural King to be close to the interstate so people in the region can easily access it.

However, Rural King is now getting deeper into possibly locating at the new Clemson Common development. They said that they want 5 million in incentives which the developers are confident they can get ahold of and provide but are looking into that. It is expected to be a couple of weeks before any new updates on how that goes will be available. If it goes well, they are expected to buy the 15 acre portion and have a store open there sometime in 2022/2023.

OTHER UPDATES.

- A possible Anderson Guitar Center has been delayed due to the complete halt of new store development because of covid. Guitar Center is expected to have new store development unsalted in mid 2021 so they expect to look at coming to Anderson again then.

- Duluth Trading Co is now looking at the possibility of a location at the Clemson Common development in Anderson. This is due to the fact that a deal to bring them to Greenville has reportedly been froze due to covid 19 and could possibly fall apart soon. This would be a good store to have in this development that would go well with some of the other tenants that are looking.

- At Home is currently examining the Clemson Common plans and considering possibly putting a store in the development.
Of course, if this ends up so, RK and At Home could be put into competition with each other for major anchor tenant. At Home would require 10 acres while Rural King wants 15. Also, the difference between a Rural King or an At Home as the core tenant could mean that the sub tenants could be changed a good amount due to different target customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Stores/Restaurants Planning to Come to Anderson, SC-stihl-stores.jpg   Stores/Restaurants Planning to Come to Anderson, SC-rural-king-guns-warrenton-mo-119.jpg   Stores/Restaurants Planning to Come to Anderson, SC-rk-front.jpeg   Stores/Restaurants Planning to Come to Anderson, SC-184931_standard.jpeg  

Old 09-25-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
UPDATE ON RURAL KING!

Rural King is no longer considering the Sears space since they want an Anderson location for Rural King to be close to the interstate so people in the region can easily access it.

However, Rural King is now getting deeper into possibly locating at the new Clemson Common development. They said that they want 5 million in incentives which the developers are confident they can get ahold of and provide but are looking into that. It is expected to be a couple of weeks before any new updates on how that goes will be available. If it goes well, they are expected to buy the 15 acre portion and have a store open there sometime in 2022/2023.

OTHER UPDATES.

- A possible Anderson Guitar Center has been delayed due to the complete halt of new store development because of covid. Guitar Center is expected to have new store development unsalted in mid 2021 so they expect to look at coming to Anderson again then.

- Duluth Trading Co is now looking at the possibility of a location at the Clemson Common development in Anderson. This is due to the fact that a deal to bring them to Greenville has reportedly been froze due to covid 19 and could possibly fall apart soon. This would be a good store to have in this development that would go well with some of the other tenants that are looking.

- At Home is currently examining the Clemson Common plans and considering possibly putting a store in the development.
Of course, if this ends up so, RK and At Home could be put into competition with each other for major anchor tenant. At Home would require 10 acres while Rural King wants 15. Also, the difference between a Rural King or an At Home as the core tenant could mean that the sub tenants could be changed a good amount due to different target customer.
I would love to see Duluth come to either Anderson or Greenville.

Old 09-25-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
I bet McAlister's would be really popular with the hospital employees. I'm trying to think if I've ever seen one with a drive thru and I can't remember ever going to a McAlister's with a drive thru - not sure they even do them but probably something they should consider in the current climate.
Thought I replied to this, but, dare I say this, the one in Myrtle Beach had a drive thru, but I think it was just for call in orders. Seems like though last time we went, it was no longer in the same location, or had been remodeled and didnt have a drive thru.

Old 09-25-2020, 01:57 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
UPDATE ON RURAL KING!

OTHER UPDATES.

That kind of incentive money seems pretty obscene for a retail tenant. I'm tired of tax money getting lifted out of my pocket and given to profitable businesses. Sometimes it makes sense for something that will attract other business and growth long term (like BMW) but a retail store doesn't seem to fit the bill to me.

Old 09-25-2020, 03:03 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,446,202 times
What is Clemson Commons? Is that the supposed development off exit 19? I feel like I keep thinking of Clemson Grove (?) in Pendleton? Or is that that development off the lake in Seneca?

Just looking at how At Home operates and where they currently are, moving to Anderson/Pendleton(?) would be out of character for them. The Greenville store should be be able to satisfy the region. Coming to Anderson before Columbia, Myrtle, Spartanburg, Asheville, Wilmington, etc would be something.

Anderson has also seemed to stall a bit over the last few years on the retail front - no real major developments lately outside of Burlington, Homegoods, and Sportsman, and maybe Freddy's (Buccees is cool, but its a gas station, lets be real), so I'm a little suspect on how all these stores and restaurants are all apparently suddenly wanting to come to town, especially after a pandemic has crashed the economy.

Old 09-25-2020, 03:32 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,211,675 times
Yes, what and where is Clemson Commons?

Old 09-25-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
Yes, what and where is Clemson Commons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
What is Clemson Commons? Is that the supposed development off exit 19? I feel like I keep thinking of Clemson Grove (?) in Pendleton? Or is that that development off the lake in Seneca?
Clemson Commons is indeed the 67 acre development at I-85 exit 19 in Anderson!

Attached below is the site plan for the development. Brands from the like of Culver's, Baskin Robins, Taco Bell along with others like RK, Duluth, and many others have been/are considering it.

Jandrew5, Clemson Grove and Clemson Common are sister developments by the same developer. Clemson Common will most likely be a little more of a regional reach while Clemson Grove will be more of a Anderson/Clemson thing. Multiple grocery stores are showing interest in Clemson Grove. Ingles was one but they did not offer enough so that did not go through but multiple other brands are looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
so I'm a little suspect on how all these stores and restaurants are all apparently suddenly wanting to come to town, especially after a pandemic has crashed the economy.
This project has been planned for quite a while. A good amount of these retailer consider this area underserved along with the fact that this is right in between the 2 major markets of Atlanta and Charlotte and that the exit 19 interchange is the main gateway into Anderson and Clemson.

It is at the point where certain developments in the Anderson area don't need to do a lot of cold calling since there is already a good amount of interest, however they still do so since it helps them stir the tenants up a little bit and try to get an ideal combination with all the approaching tenants along with the ones they approached that were interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Stores/Restaurants Planning to Come to Anderson, SC-site-plan-3-768x453.jpg   Stores/Restaurants Planning to Come to Anderson, SC-legend-no-phases.fw_.png  

Last edited by tim.brayden.sherman; 09-25-2020 at 06:56 PM..

Old 09-25-2020, 06:54 PM

Popular Charleston area eatery Vicious Biscuit, has a location in Clemson under contract and is now looking into possibly adding an Anderson location.

They currently have 2 locations in Mt Pleasant and Summerville. If an Anderson location gets confirmed, it will be the 1st restaurant of the biscuit based menu trend restaurant type in the Anderson area.

(https://viciousbiscuit.com/)

AND

Bottles Superstore said they will look into possibly adding an Anderson location. They are a SC chain of wine, beer, and spirits stores that average around 15k square feet each.

They currently have locations in Mt Pleasant, Charleston, and Columbia. They have a property under contract at I-85 @ Pelham Rd in Greenville.

(https://shopbottles.com/)

Old 09-26-2020, 12:41 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Looks like the Vicious Biscuit would consider a Greenville location also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina