Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 07:57 PM

8,249 posts, read 13,371,930 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the links...any way to post the Post articles? I am curious on what was said about Eastern Florence County....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 06:45 AM

314 posts, read 471,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Thanks for the links...any way to post the Post articles? I am curious on what was said about Eastern Florence County....
Unfortunately no, the articles are behind a paywall. They usually allow you to read a free article every 30 days, the way I’ve been able to get around that is to open up different internet browsers. I would try Chrome for one article then go to explorer for another. If I get access to it I’ll try to post it here.

Old 04-25-2024, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
Unfortunately no, the articles are behind a paywall. They usually allow you to read a free article every 30 days, the way I’ve been able to get around that is to open up different internet browsers. I would try Chrome for one article then go to explorer for another. If I get access to it I’ll try to post it here.
No worries.. I would love to see more out in the Eastern County. It has the Airport, development along SC 327 which gets most of the beach traffic and FMU... I dont know if the land along it is flood plain or not since development is very spotting in between SC327 and FMU along 378. I remember going to the Flea Market when in college with a friend of mine from Ghana.. He said he love it because it reminded him of the market in the rural area in Ghana where he was from...

Old 04-25-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
No worries.. I would love to see more out in the Eastern County. It has the Airport, development along SC 327 which gets most of the beach traffic and FMU... I dont know if the land along it is flood plain or not since development is very spotting in between SC327 and FMU along 378. I remember going to the Flea Market when in college with a friend of mine from Ghana.. He said he love it because it reminded him of the market in the rural area in Ghana where he was from...
I’ve been poking around looking at land records and the agendas for some of the planning meetings and just from those items that I’ve looked at. Freedom Blvd is about to explode with development. I believe I saw three different housing projects alone on the stretch between National Cemetery and 76. If I was investing I would definitely invest in some land to put a shopping center out that way because it’s definitely going to need it within the next 5-10 years.

Old 04-25-2024, 08:53 AM

3 posts, read 1,713 times
Quote:
Let me know if Slims is any good. It seems to be popping up all over SC
I live within walking distance in Siesta Village. My family and I enjoy it. We’ve gone several times since it’s opened. Similar items to Zaxby’s… but a few more things and it’s own flavor.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:32 AM

Quote:
I’ve been poking around looking at land records and the agendas for some of the planning meetings and just from those items that I’ve looked at. Freedom Blvd is about to explode with development. I believe I saw three different housing projects alone on the stretch between National Cemetery and 76. If I was investing I would definitely invest in some land to put a shopping center out that way because it’s definitely going to need it within the next 5-10 years.
I think I read on one of the boards that Florence County population was stagnant but the City of Florence population had increased (likely via annexation). I wonder how that could be the case given what I hear/read/seen when I visit. I would certainly agree that East Florence is a gold mine between the City and Francis Marion and long 327. I used to rent a house in Glendale when I was in college and thought it was hell on earth living out there. Now I guess it is prime property. LOL

Old 04-26-2024, 02:13 PM

249 posts, read 436,218 times
Quote:
I think I read on one of the boards that Florence County population was stagnant but the City of Florence population had increased (likely via annexation). I wonder how that could be the case given what I hear/read/seen when I visit. I would certainly agree that East Florence is a gold mine between the City and Francis Marion and long 327. I used to rent a house in Glendale when I was in college and thought it was hell on earth living out there. Now I guess it is prime property. LOL
People moving from Timmonsville/Lake City/In the County into the city of Florence I would say - getting closer to the city seems to be what the newer generations prefer.

Old 04-26-2024, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM91 View Post
People moving from Timmonsville/Lake City/In the County into the city of Florence I would say - getting closer to the city seems to be what the newer generations prefer.
It’s not just that…it’s actual new residents. There is an official who was being interviewed I believe it was some time last year. Who indicated that the census numbers are off for Florence and that he simply doesn’t believe those statistics, that say the population is stagnant. With the number of buildings permits and other evidence that show otherwise.

I tend to agree, I’m on a Florence FB page, and it’s really interesting how many people say they just moved to the area and it’s not just from locations close by in the county. These people are from out of state from the west coast, northeast and Florida. There’s even a realtor in the group who said most of her clients lately are from out of state, not as many local movers.

I guess none of us can truly know those numbers unless, there was some evidence of population growth provided by the school district or from the county when it comes to vehicle registrations.

Last edited by carolinachaos; 04-26-2024 at 02:45 PM..

Old 04-26-2024, 02:40 PM

249 posts, read 436,218 times
Oh trust me I know - new home developments all over the county.
Florence feels like a bigger city than 40,000 residents.

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

Quote:
It’s not just that…it’s actual new residents. There is an official who was being interviewed I believe it was some time last year. Who indicated that the census numbers are off for Florence and that he simply doesn’t believe those statistics, that say the population is stagnant. With the number of buildings permits and other evidence that show otherwise.

I tend to agree, I’m on a Florence FB page, and it’s really interesting how many people say they just moved to the area and it’s not just from locations close by in the county. These people are from out of state from the west coast, northeast and Florida. There’s even a realtor in the group who said most of her clients lately are from out of state, not as many local movers.

I guess none of us can truly know those numbers unless, there was some evidence of population growth provided by the school district or from the county when it comes to vehicle registrations.
Florencd is definitely more appealing that it was when I lived there in the 90s. Even Lake City has improved...but I would not live anywhere in the Pee Dee but Florence if I were to move back there....I wish it had better air service but MYR has likely nixed that for the foreseeable future
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina