Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:13 PM

15 posts, read 105,447 times

Advertisements

Yes, that is exactly where we were. I was told that the Coligny/Forest Beach/Sea Pines area was so nice. We were very disappointed. We thought it was extremely busy and unpleasant, I didn't like the humid weather either, we really couldn't wait to leave. We started driving North a few times and it seemed much better, but we didn't continue because, the people said the more south you go the better it is (they must be liars). They suggested Sea Pines/Forest Beach area. Anyway, thanks for the info, maybe I will go back and check out the North area another year????Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 10:23 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I love Hilton Head! I don't think I would go there in the hot Summertime though. We had a wonderful time. Some people will drown if it rains hard there, but I just ignored them. I met lots of wonderful friendly people. I would go back in a minute. We stayed at the Holiday Inn right on the beach. I haven't been there in years, so I don't know if it is still there. I have friends who go there every Spring to a timeshare.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:37 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,054,971 times
The winter and spring in Hilton Head are so lovely. I love the light and the flowers, the way the water looks, oh, just everything. The heat and humidity aren't a factor at those times of the year, either.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:24 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Default My folks retired there

So I've visited many times. I don't understand David not being able to find a decent restaurant, nor him encountering alot of rude people. But beyond that, I'm prone to agree with him.

Hilton Head is loaded with the worst kind of ignorant, republican white people, the kind who peaked in the 1950s. I go there and am surrounded by fairly well off, successful people who retired early... and yet they seem backward, the bad kind of old-fashioned. Racism toward black people is a given, as is mental stagnation. But the sense of entitlement continues, it is definately an area for the "ignorance is bliss set."

I can enjoy quick trips down there to eat well, bird watch, take a dip in the ocean, and visit mom. She's happy down there which is what's most important to me. But when she passes and 1/3 of her house becomes mine? I will sell my share in a heartbeat.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 AM

91 posts, read 378,596 times
"Hilton Head is loaded with the worst kind of ignorant, republican white people, the kind who peaked in the 1950s. I go there and am surrounded by fairly well off, successful people who retired early... and yet they seem backward, the bad kind of old-fashioned. Racism toward black people is a given, as is mental stagnation. But the sense of entitlement continues, it is definitely an area for the "ignorance is bliss set."

Short of an in-depth Interview how in the world can you ascertain all these complex personality issues about a group of people? What tips you off that they are really ignorant, or racist or whatever. Mostly they are there on vacation from all over the place. They rent nice houses and villas and they play golf, tennis and ride around on bikes and go to the beach. For sure some are very well off and may seem remote, but if these are generalizations based on some stereotype then there is a word for that as well.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,040 times
Default Hilton Head Crabbing/Shrimping/Clamming/Catching Oyster

My family comes to HHI yearly and I am all about outdoor activites. Although I have been coming for years I have never tried crabbing, shriping, or gathering oysters.

Could someone please give me some info on quality spots to try out. I will be staying in the sea pines area, but dont mind doing a little driving.

If you could help me out that would be great!!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 5,029 times
man u must be f***ing retarded we aint f***in raceist like you ! ok bobo so dont be a raceist in sc untill you accually go there fully!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 02:16 AM

3 posts, read 3,734 times
Default Hilton Head SC

Thanks for your information about Hilton Head SC .

Old 06-01-2009, 09:12 AM

187 posts, read 980,524 times
There is information in this thread? I only see drivel from people that can likely never be pleased.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,740 times
I lived on Hilton Head and have traveled all throughout South Carolina for the past 19 years and never once have I seen a KKK march. I do apologize if you were just so incredibly rude to all the locals, so they did not tell you the real places to eat. And out of 250 + restaurants you couldn't find one place that you did not search for a negative thing about.

We as Islanders only hate those people like you who wear a chip on your shoulder and thiunk we are glaring at you in your ugly polo shirts. We do not care if you are wearing a South Florida shirt, and Ohio shirt, or even a Satanist jersey. You are right "Negative people tend to bring out the negative in people" so do everyone who lives and loves to visit the Island, please do not come back. I love my home and I love when people come to visit because that is what the tourism industry is all about. It is people like you who make people like me hate their jobs because they have to deal with so nit picky overly critical jerk like yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina