Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Still waiting... I guess Lucknow falls into the they're all in on a conspiracy camp though I'm in on the, no, decades of actual medical research does indeed show there is zero medical value from this snake oil, ots of evidence of medical harm, and only the deluded and the fraudsters out to make money pump this nonsense up camp.

A fool and his money are soon parted, and, let's face it, most preppers are indeed fools, but deliberately causing medical harm to people goes beyond just buyer beware into the out right fraud catagory.
Your statements here are completely without any foundation whatsoever. I guess that you know better than the poison control center, a part of your federal EPA. The government's center for disease control confirmed the fact in 1995 that there has NEVER been ANY allergenic, toxic or cancerous reaction to silver.

At the university of Toronto toxicity tests on colloidal silver were performed by Dr. John Barltrop. The subjects were given doses of silver 7,500 times the amount commonly used as an alternative antibiotic with NO toxic effects.

Could the same thing be said for the antibiotics your Dr. wants to give you every time you sneeze only to create a whole host of antibiotic resistant bugs that are really dangerous. Oh, by the way, these antibiotic prescriptions are expensive while the silver is so inexpensive that I give it away to my customers. Who's the fool here?

I know from experience that there are many benefits of silver. AS a result of wearing hearing aids for many years I had what seemed to be an incurable infection in my ear canals. I tried every single concoction known to all the Dr.s I saw to treat this very painful condition. Nothing at all worked and it drove me crazy with my ears so itchy, bleeding and oozing. I had to use a Qtip on them 20 times per day. Since I started spraying the silver in my ears they are completely normal for the first time in 20 years. Not only did it seem to have cured this chronic problem but it seems to have permanently done so. Since I stopped spraying my ears they have remained clear and free of infection. The powerful meds my Dr.s gave me would reduce the infection but not eliminate it. AS soon as I stopped taking their meds the infection came roaring back and was as bad as ever in a couple of days.

So, really I don't give a single hoot what you think about it. Make my day and don't use colloidal silver but don't assume to know that you know what is good or not for other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 11:29 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Your statements here are completely without any foundation whatsoever.
If you throw around governement reports, be prepared that they may not support what you claim.
Colloidal Silver | NCCAM

Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Yep, I'll trust doctors and actual medical research over some quack on the internet (some of whom seem to be selling this snake oil) any day of the week. You do have to laugh at the dullards who say "My opinions are just as good as your facts."

Old 05-01-2014, 10:22 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
If colloidal silver ever harms or kills .00001% of the people that prescription drugs do then I'll never recommend it to anyone ever again. It's just amazing how many people are completely brainwashed by big pharma , big chem and big agra. Big agra is busy putting high fructose in virtually all of your foods while big pharma sells hundreds of millions of doses of insulin to deal with the resulting diabetes. At the same time while your health is going down the tubes causing you to feel depressed they sell another billion of so pills for that too. Do you know what the Dr.s in Germany most often prescribe for depression? St. John's wort. The Germans are stubborn. They don't allow these corporations to rule their lives. I mean, can you even imagine???? Walmart had to leave Germany because the Germans would rather pay more for German made products than the garbage Walmart sells. How far do you think anyone would get in the USA banning GM foods? Not even a fraction of an inch would they get. Those Europeans must be really stupid banning the GM foods. Everyone knows they can't hurt you. Big agra tells us so. The people of the USA and Canada to a large degree are owned lock stock and barrel by corporate interests. I for one don't believe one single thing they say. They have proven too many times they are totally incapable of the truth in any form.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:32 AM

The difference is those prescription drugs can actually demonstrate that they are both safe and effective in clinical trials while your snake oil can't.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:33 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The difference is those prescription drugs can actually demonstrate that they are both safe and effective in clinical trials while your snake oil can't.
Well, I happen to sorta kinda agree with you on the silver thing. I do, however, believe in the power of the human mind over the body and in the "placebo effect." I do believe that it's possible to think yourself well in many cases, or on the other hand, think yourself sick.

Probably where our agreement stops on this matter is the belief that the "medical community" always gets it right and can always be trusted. Too many times over even the course of my lifetime, things that I have been told were no good for me were years later deemed good for me. And by the same token, I've been told things are good for me and years later have been told they are deadly with class-action lawsuits and the whole nine yards.

Why do you think this is? At one time, "bleeding" was considered sound and healthful. Well, I don't think today that it's ignorance that caused the acceptance by the medical community as it was with bleeding; rather, I believe it is either money (one of the Holy Trinity of our time) or plain old headstrong insistence on the part of the researchers. After all, everyone has their little pet projects and nobody wants to be wrong; some people will risk their careers or lives to cover up the fact that they might be wrong.

When one stops questioning "the expert" and follows "the expert" on blind faith, that's a very dangerous road. There is no such thing as a expert who has never been wrong. Or even a group of experts. Experts are quite often agenda driven, and there are very, very few human beings on this planet (if any) who are truly impartial and unmotivated by personal gain of some sort.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:02 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Donald Sterling would advise you to avoid Silver at all costs!

Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 AM

23,600 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Remember that for YEARS, doctors dismissed the idea that they should wash their hands before surgery, and even within the past couple of decades dismissed the idea that ulcers were caused by an organism. Doctors are not gods. Some of them aren't much more than mouthpieces for drug companies.

Think4Yourself has it out for colloidal silver, and seems to act as if shouting the opinion repeatedly will somehow work. I already demonstrated the infinitesimal amounts in a standard dose, and the ridiculousness of someone using it prudently somehow turning blue. However, since that was a demonstrated repudiation of an outrageous claim, it was simply passed over instead of being read and acknowledged or disputed based upon science and fact. When debate turns this way, it is no longer debate but a religious war.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:50 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Remember that for YEARS, doctors dismissed the idea that they should wash their hands before surgery, and even within the past couple of decades dismissed the idea that ulcers were caused by an organism. Doctors are not gods. Some of them aren't much more than mouthpieces for drug companies.

Think4Yourself has it out for colloidal silver, and seems to act as if shouting the opinion repeatedly will somehow work. I already demonstrated the infinitesimal amounts in a standard dose, and the ridiculousness of someone using it prudently somehow turning blue. However, since that was a demonstrated repudiation of an outrageous claim, it was simply passed over instead of being read and acknowledged or disputed based upon science and fact. When debate turns this way, it is no longer debate but a religious war.
Classic strategy from "Rules for Radicals." It's one of the best ways to inhibit opposition. As I said, I don't necessarily believe the colloidal silver thing, but I don't disbelieve it either because I have seen no proof either way. I am a firm believer in the power of suggestion though. Whether that plays a part here or there is something more, I don't know.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Think4Yourself has it out for colloidal silver, and seems to act as if shouting the opinion repeatedly will somehow work.
No, I don't. I do have it out when people post lies which have been completely disproven by actual medical science. I.E. Facts should trump opinions especially uninformed opinions which run counter to actual provable facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness