Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverworks View Post
i have this itchy rash that wont go away and is spreading. cortisone used to take care of them but now it obviously has not. so i googled what other treatment is out there.

i stumbled on colloidal silver. i just started 'treatment' with this silver based cream for wounds not for rash. it is still not working so far.

anyway, i tried looking at walmart and nothing. i just stumbled on this silver based cream at walgreens.

i think i will buy colloidal silver tomorrow i looked on internet and you can only find it on vitamin stores like gnc, vitamin shop, etc...

has anyone tried colloidal silver to treat rash? i have read it does treat rash just wanna know someone who ACTUALLY treated their rash with colloidal silver.

before finding out about the medicinal powers of silver my all in one/all purpose disinfectant is hydrogen peroxide. it treated pimples, boils and even use it as mouthwash.

i prefer natural/alternative medicines.
If you have Shingles you'll need more than that. I would take tons of Lysiene which is an anti-viral. I might take double the strength of colloidal silver recommended on the bottle. Also take Apple Cider Vinegar internally in water. Capsicum can prevent nerve damage often the result of Shingles that goes on for too long or that is incorrectly treated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If you have Shingles you'll need more than that. I would take tons of Lysiene which is an anti-viral. I might take double the strength of colloidal silver recommended on the bottle. Also take Apple Cider Vinegar internally in water. Capsicum can prevent nerve damage often the result of Shingles that goes on for too long or that is incorrectly treated.
Bingo; exactly what I was thinking: shingles. I had it and it sucked, nothing would touch that crazy itchy rash.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
I use it sparingly. I am allergic to several antibiotics, so colloidal silver has helped me recover from respiratory infections. I buy the sublingual product from Whole Foods. It's $15 for a small bottle, and around $25 for the larger one.
And the alt meds say Big Pharma is greedy with overpriced meds.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM

55 posts, read 197,729 times
Colloidal silver has its place in the healing process but it has beenbasically replaced by a newly formulated and vastly more effective nano technology version referred to as Silver Sol aka ASAP,Soverign,Silver Biotics all in a water solution of 10 PPM a 1000 times smaller than colloidal. The micron particles allow for potential IV administration used by some holistic sources (FDA research ties). The real appllication asside from the military in Iraq and Afganistan (wound management) is its use on superficial wounds,nebulized (treats inflamatory conditions as asthma,bronchitis,whooping cough,RSV,croup,tracheitis,VAP (ventilator acquired pneumonias). Additionally studies have confirmed it kills anthrax, Sars,and Norovirus. Silver Sol was reformulated by Gordan Pedersen Phd. toxicologist from Utah. He went on a mission trip to Kenya Africa and cured 900 malaria victims in 6-7 days eliminating the parasites. Due to politics and African corruptness he won't be welcomed back as they are being greased by special interest groups with vaccines that are requiring two injections that only have a 45% success rate (welcome to the real pharma world). Instead of a Pulitzer Pedersen will be met with resistance from an national incompetent Infectious disease org unable to empower themselves or even be interested. Pedersen can erradicate pediatric ear infections in short order,eye infections and herpes transmission. Safe for neonates it can eliminate all life threatening viruses,infections both systemic and surface. As users and having a 43 year medical background I have joined in the fight against incompetence,ignorance and MD's Do's mistreatment,mortality,morbidity and contributions to long hospital admissions . Oh before closing Silver Sol kills all MRSA both on hard surfaces (hospital furniture,equipment,bed rails,phones) on body surfaces and systemically. So put that in your pipe and smoke it little lambs!

Last edited by Yeshuareigns; 01-28-2013 at 12:56 PM..

Old 04-28-2014, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,100 times
I have chronic fatigue syndrome to the point that I was in bed for 2 1/2 years...after 2 years I started making my own silver and was able to get out of bed and back to work. Before taking cs I had bronchitis and/or pneumonia at the change of each season. Once taking cs I was not bothered with this. I started taking cs in 1997....in 1999 I was being treated for anemia....in 2000 I was rushed to hospital: blood pressure 60/30; I was in hospital for 4 days...they never came up with a reason...after this episode I started getting blue colour in my face....this colour keeps changing from light to dark....when tired or stressed I am darker in colour. Do you have any idea how I can take that colouring from my skin. Thanks Sandy

Old 04-28-2014, 10:07 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times
I had a friend who died using this. Not entirely because IT specifically killed her but because her "physician" chiropractor convinced her that she was getting better and she didn't go to the doctor. He kept giving her some "tests" to prove she was getting better all the while liver cancer killed her. She also turned very light blue/silver as it deposited near her skin.

Be very careful with this stuff and those who encourage it's use.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inattentive View Post
Colloidal silver is fine for superficial skin conditions especially burns or fungal skin problems not good for internal use. Silver Sol 10 ppm and now a sightly higher formulation is available after its Nobel deserving toxicologist Gordon Pedersen Phd. out of Utah may have saved the lives of thousands or provided one of this centuries major treatments for multiple conditions. University studies and EPA acknowledgements coupled with the FDA approval (pending) has taken the holistic world by storm. I and many friends have successfully treated many conditions. The new formulation is in a safe non toxic formulation that has a very small micron size silver molecule in water. It can be used internally as an antibiotic (mimic), but doesn't destroy normal flora in the gut although I still recommend probiotics when taken orally. It will not allow mutation that forces one to resort to Vancomyicin yet kills MRSA. Some isolated holistics are giving it IV now and Silver Sol has been used by the military for years in Iraq and Afganistan in wound management. As a Respiratory Therapist and patient advocate. Silver Sol has been taken to a nearly clandestine level of application proving it cures Malaria (experiments in Kenya 100% cure rate of 900 in Nairobi (this compares with a 45% success rate with two inoculations by a well intended but ignorant philanthropied funding to big pharma precipitating a higher morbidity rate) I had hoped that the VA would support use and allow Silver Sol on their formulary, but to no avail. Until FDA's official approval here is a list of conditions :
Anthrax
Sars (and all influenza's including swine)
Whooping cough (nebulized/orally combined)
Herpes (simplex and Zoster)
Gram negative bacterial infections (pseudomonas ,klebsiella ,serraticia)
Fungal (superficial and systemic) MRSA (surfaces,wounds,systemic)
Parasites
I'll believe that when I see the FDA approval. Maybe. Meanwhile don't turn blue taking it.

(Argyria or argyrosis is a condition caused by inappropriate exposure to chemical compounds of the element silver, or to silver dust. The most dramatic symptom of argyria is that the skin turns blue or bluish-grey.)

Last edited by Kayekaye; 04-29-2014 at 01:10 PM..

Old 04-29-2014, 02:58 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
I had a friend who died using this. Not entirely because IT specifically killed her but because her "physician" chiropractor convinced her that she was getting better and she didn't go to the doctor. He kept giving her some "tests" to prove she was getting better all the while liver cancer killed her. She also turned very light blue/silver as it deposited near her skin.

Be very careful with this stuff and those who encourage it's use.
Yes, indeed. There is a reason this stuff got withdrawn from all approved medical books and practices in 1975 and still isn't approved. It isn't very effective and it can cause serious harm.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:53 PM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
Reposting something I wrote earlier and elsewhere:

That old "You'll turn blue" is highly offensive and an indication of limited or poor research, similar to someone pronouncing "Aspirin will make you bleed to death." I REALLY get tired of responding to such nonsense. The people who have ingested enough to "turn blue" have gone WAY WAY beyond therapeutic doses - on the order of thousands of times more.

How about we just take a moment and figure how much silver is being ingested. The highest concentration of colloidal silver generally used is 30 parts per million, but lower concentrations are common. I'll use 30 PPM for the example. An average "dose" of colloidal silver is about 1/8th fluid oz. of solution. Max doses per day is 3, and prudent people use it only as needed, not as a daily supplement.

One troy ounce = approx 31 grams. One troy ounce of 10 gauge pure silver wire is approx 20 inches or 508 mm long. How much colloidal silver can I make if I use all of that wire?

One ppm is equivalent to 1 milligram of something per liter of water (mg/l)
Therefore, I have 31 milligrams of silver in a liter (34 oz.) of water. (I rounded up to make the math easier.)
1 milligram is a thousandth of a gram.
Therefore I can make a thousand liters (264 GALLONS) of solution from my ounce of silver. That is almost seven standard 40 gallon hot water tanks full.

Since I make a pint at a time, how much of that wire have I used to make the pint?
It is 508mm long and I use 1 part out of total 4224 parts, or 1/12th of a millimeter off the end to make a pint. I can't even see that small.

Three doses (daily max.) is about 1/32nd of that pint.

That means that if I took it continuously for a 32 day month, I would have ingested a whole 1/12th millimeter of wire. Used prudently, a pint would EASILY last a year or more.

If I did that dose for 100 years, I would still have only ingested the silver in less than a centimeter of that wire, an amount that would be about 1/42nd of an ounce.

Given that some of that is going to be excreted from the body, I MIGHT worry about turning blue about the time I'm 800 years old.

If you want to cite people who have doubled or trebled up on doses, done it daily, then yes I am sure you can find blue people. However, given the acid values of some foods, I strongly suspect that people would actually ingest MORE silver by using silver tableware daily than using colloidal silver from time to time.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:21 PM

This woman developed argyria and has FAQs:
Rosemary Jacob's argyria introduction page

There seems to be no actual proof that any of this works, in any formula, just relayed studies and hopes of this product passing any FDA standards.

Check PUBMED,
Colloidal silver as an antimicrobial agent: fac... [J Wound Care. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI
CONCLUSION:
As the tested colloidal silver solutions did not show any antimicrobial effect in vitro on the microorganisms, claims of colloidal silver's antimicrobial potency are misleading and there is no place for it as an antiseptic.

The new labeling and new formulas are all just an attempt to repackage and sell. There seems to be no safe amount of silver ingested either. It stays in the body, cannot be suspended and accumulates to the skin.

Big pharm would LOVE to harness this if it had ANY healing powers. I don't buy for one second that this stuff is safe or that it works. I think you are mistaken, and hope it is well-intentioned and financially rooted.

This is snake oil pure and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness