Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,026 times

Advertisements

The road is the extension of Wiseman Blvd, but you probably knew that already. It extends all the way across from 1604 to Talley. From the large mixed use map that I have showing housing plats, it's a sure bet to be many homes. Grosenbacher is to be extended north and will cross the Wiseman extension dividing the West Pointe area between West Pointe East and West Pointe West. I think each side of Grosenbacher near that area is platted to have upwards of 3500 homes on each side. It also looks as if the new NISD high school that is planned to open by 2010 or 2011 will be right about where Grosenbacher crosses the new Wiseman Blvd extension just to the south of Alamo Ranch and to the immediate southwest of North SA Hills. I wouldn't be surprised if the southern reaches of AR are zoned to this new high school along with all areas outside of 1604 off Potranco west to the Medina County line. The far southern reaches outside of 1604 would include the new Laurel Mountain Ranch neighborhood about 2 miles past Potranco. Champions Park just to its south is the beginning of Medina Valley ISD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 01:16 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,333,775 times
OMG, that is just crazy growth!! How do you know so much about what's going up? Didn't you say you were coming from Dallas?

Old 12-01-2006, 02:16 PM

I live in the DFW area now but I grew up there off Potranco and my folks are still there so I am down quite a bit. I graduated from Marshall High (when that area was actually zoned to Marshall, if that gives you any idea of how rural it was back then!) and I was an urban studies major at Trinity U and although I'm not making a living doing anything remotely linked to urban planning, I'm still very interested. I spend a lot of time researching areas and maps online and that's where I find most of my good info. I do have a few friends that have ties to some interesting info so that helps as well!

Old 12-01-2006, 02:57 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,333,775 times
Since you seem to know quite a bit from the area, I am going to ask you. My wife and myself drive all around SA and alot of the surrounding areas just to find gems of places to shop and eat and stuff. We decided one day to drive down 211 to see what it led to. Although we were tracking the road with our nav system, the road went private and it belonged to a ranch. I can't remember the name of it but it was huge!!! Very pretty wide open spaces. I was curious who it belonged to. We tried to drive around it using another road but couldn't get anywhere near it. We wound up La Coste. In photos from a satellite, you can see a nice looking area in there with a pond. Would you know who owns it? Well, I am out of here at 4 so everyone have a great weekend. Who knows, I may log on when I get home.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:51 PM

Doesn't Hwy 211 deadend at Hwy 90? You probably are talking about maybe Masterson Rd which begins south of 90 where 211 deadends or one of the other two lane roads that branch off of 90 heading south towards Macdonna-LaCoste Rd...not sure. I don't know who might own the ranch but my father might..he used to hunt on a lease down in that area some time ago.
My parents drive into Castroville or Hondo plenty of times to eat, shop or to just get away so that's an idea for you and your wife. Haby's Market/Bakery in Castroville has the best bear claws/bakery items you'll ever eat! Castroville is also a very quaint little town with a lot of history since I believe it was settled by a group of French immigrants. They also like to drive into Hondo and have a steak at Hermann & Sons which they swear by.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:22 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,667,075 times
Default Haby's Bakery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
...My parents drive into Castroville or Hondo plenty of times to eat, shop or to just get away so that's an idea for you and your wife. Haby's Market/Bakery in Castroville has the best bear claws/bakery items you'll ever eat! Castroville is also a very quaint little town with a lot of history since I believe it was settled by a group of French immigrants. They also like to drive into Hondo and have a steak at Hermann & Sons which they swear by.
Yes, Haby's Bakery is very good. Have you tried that little General Store in Rio Medina? They have some great homemade brownies.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:27 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,667,075 times
Default Grosenbacher and Wiseman Roads

Quote:
The road is the extension of Wiseman Blvd, but you probably knew that already. It extends all the way across from 1604 to Talley. From the large mixed use map that I have showing housing plats, it's a sure bet to be many homes. Grosenbacher is to be extended north and will cross the Wiseman extension dividing the West Pointe area between West Pointe East and West Pointe West. I think each side of Grosenbacher near that area is platted to have upward of 3500 homes on each side. It also looks as if the new NISD high school that is planned to open by 2010 or 2011 will be right about where Grosenbacher crosses the new Wiseman Blvd extension just to the south of Alamo Ranch and to the immediate southwest of North SA Hills. I wouldn't be surprised if the southern reaches of AR are zoned to this new high school along with all areas outside of 1604 off Potranco west to the Medina County line. The far southern reaches outside of 1604 would include the new Laurel Mountain Ranch neighborhood about 2 miles past Potranco. Champions Park just to its south is the beginning of Medina Valley ISD.
Currently, Grosenbacher ends at Military Drive West in the Westcreek subdivision (my neck of the woods). I also work on Wiseman (I know a long way to drive to work ) and I'm waiting for the Loop 1604 tie-in to the completed Wiseman on the west side. The tie-in on Talley Road is already finished.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:10 AM

116 posts, read 472,509 times
Quote:
As long as that area isn't named something unoriginal like the Northside ISD uses...Potranco West...that seems to be their moniker when describing a future school being planned.
FYI, yeah, that's just a planning name. They never use names like that once they get the school built, it's just a placeholder. If I remember right, they used something like "Potranco Central" for Stevens high until they built it and got it dedicated. Interesting thing is that it was built on the site that the Pope had his little shindig at when he came to San Antonio years ago.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:24 PM

75 posts, read 362,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
I think I will try this new "Buffalo Wild Wings that is down the road. People have been raving about it here at work.
BWW is awful. Maybe it's because i'm used to eating Hooter's wings or, my favorite choice, Wing Stop wings. I wish they made a Wing Stop close to the new HEB or somewhere on Potranco west of 151.

BTW, what's going to be built next to Home Depot on Culebra & 1604? What shops are planning on opening up there?

Old 12-15-2006, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 12,111 times
Default owner

Arianas Buffet Will Be Opening 1st Of the year 5.99 Breakfast Lunch & dinner how can you beat that at an rv park Tejas Valley rv park 13080 potranco rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio