Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 07:17 AM

4,252 posts, read 1,665,061 times

Advertisements

Successful and vibrant cities such as Boston and Austin are not without their own challenges. It's hard to keep a secret. It's also hard to argue with the original statement regarding May/October weather in Providence. Or Boston. More telling for the OP should be that any energy at all was expended here to dispute it. These could be his new neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2023, 09:34 AM

639 posts, read 377,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Successful and vibrant cities such as Boston and Austin are not without their own challenges. It's hard to keep a secret. It's also hard to argue with the original statement regarding May/October weather in Providence. Or Boston. More telling for the OP should be that any energy at all was expended here to dispute it. These could be his new neighbors.
Where do you live in Rhode Island?

I find October in Rhode Island to barely even be cool where I live. I tend not to come until mid to late November. I came a little bit earlier this year to deal with some contractors.

Old 04-15-2023, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeugh View Post
Where do you live in Rhode Island?

I find October in Rhode Island to barely even be cool where I live. I tend not to come until mid to late November. I came a little bit earlier this year to deal with some contractors.
"...occasionally wearing a winter coat in the months of May and October." I agree, one may. Argue it if you will. I won't.

Old 04-15-2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
"...occasionally wearing a winter coat in the months of May and October." I agree, one may. Argue it if you will. I won't.
You didn't answer my question.

And I can wear a winter coat in August and shorts in January. Doesn't mean I should or that its sane.

Old 04-15-2023, 01:01 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer my question.

And I can wear a winter coat in August and shorts in January. Doesn't mean I should or that its sane.
There may be occasions in May or October that a sane individual dons a winter coat for comfort in Providence. This has been my personal experience. Should I not have? Yours is a very difficult position to defend. That it's not possible, other than in cases of insanity. Somehow I'm guessing this won't stop you.

Last edited by PureBoston; 04-15-2023 at 01:23 PM..

Old 04-16-2023, 07:53 AM

Quote:
There may be occasions in May or October that a sane individual dons a winter coat for comfort in Providence. This has been my personal experience. Should I not have? Yours is a very difficult position to defend. That it's not possible, other than in cases of insanity. Somehow I'm guessing this won't stop you.
Sure, once a decade, maybe.

Your personal experience where? Where do you live in Rhode Island? Can you not read?

Old 04-16-2023, 08:01 AM

Quote:

Your personal experience where? Where do you live in Rhode Island? Can you not read?
My personal experience in Providence. Can you not read? And if I did, the OP might. Simple stuff. It's not possible to disprove the original statement in question. Please keep trying though. Honestly, please.

Old 04-16-2023, 09:27 AM

327 posts, read 221,748 times
Quote:

You are from Wisconsin; the OP is from Texas, which has a significantly warmer climate than both Rhode Island and Wisconsin. During the shoulder seasons, many of the northern states experience temperatures that are consistent with wintertime temperatures in Austin. Essentially, it’s all relative.

Old 04-16-2023, 02:56 PM

17,666 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Bluegrass View Post
You are from Wisconsin; the OP is from Texas

mikeugh is from Jerusalem, RI.

"Jerusalem is a fishing village within the town of Narragansett, Rhode Island on Point Judith. It is across the harbor from Galilee, Rhode Island. It is named after the Biblical city of Jerusalem. Jerusalem is not attached to any other part of Narragansett by land; its only land border is with the Matunuck section of South Kingstown, Rhode Island. Although Jerusalem is not in the Town of South Kingstown, fire and police service in Jerusalem is provided by South Kingstown."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem,_Rhode_Island

Old 04-17-2023, 04:20 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,684,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
mikeugh is from Jerusalem, RI.
Since you are so interested in disclosing where other forum members are from, what town or city are you from plum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island