Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 12:28 PM

1,847 posts, read 3,728,837 times

Advertisements

Yep! I get it often. Though now I can spot the symptoms coming on and take a Benadryl and do an Epley maneuver. on both sides and it usually goes away. I have suffered from this since about 1988, during that 1st episode, I really thought I was going insane or having some sort of panic attack. I have suffered from ear issues my entire life, they took out my tonsils at 30, which I don't recommend, hoping it would take care of it, but it didn't. Had a really bad episode about 18 months ago and it was horrible. Finally got it under control and take a Benadryl each night. It helps me sleep and keeps the issue at bay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2024, 12:50 PM

1,385 posts, read 726,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDL View Post
Yes, it happened to me twice. The first time I went to a doctor and he fixed it on the spot by performing an Epley maneuver. When it happened the second time few years later, I did the maneuver myself. My husband suffered the same thing shortly after that and the symptoms also went away after a few maneuver tries.

Here are some youtube videos and info on doing the Epley maneuvers to treat BPPV vertigo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4S4...nel=Bob%26Brad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLm...el=FauquierENT

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...epley-maneuver
This is really interesting, thanks for the links.

Old 02-18-2024, 07:21 PM

352 posts, read 263,020 times
I had it one time and it was the sickest I have ever been. I woke up with the room spinning. I immediately started vomiting and it lasted all day. I couldn't even lay down and find any position where it would completely stop. I had to do a doctor's appointment via video and they gave me medication for vertigo. I could not do the Epley maneuver without vomiting. I pretty much stayed medicated for a couple of days and then the Epley finally started helping. I was out of work all week. I went to see an ENT and he said it was a virus, more than likely would not happen again. I had to have hearing tests to make sure it did not damage my hearing. I still get a little vertigo sometimes. if I have a cold or sinus issues it is most noticeable. The Epley maneuver does help for sure. But mine supposedly was a one time thing. If I had to live with it all the time I would be vomiting all the time. Worst thing ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement