Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2020, 12:52 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,657,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
local authorities just can't get vaccinations organized...
Local authorities should be fired and have their gold-plated pensions stripped. Incompetence must come with a price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 12:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Well, this is interesting.

I just got an email from a magazine I subscribe to that's from the UK. Apparently, those issues will not be mailed any time soon, unfortunately. Oh well.

Also, a friend of mine, who THANKFULLY I haven't been around lately, just tested positive for coronavirus. And get this - in spite of having symptoms, and in spite of having a positive test, she was actually going to GO GROCERY SHOPPING. When I expressed my grave concerns, she said "But no one can expect me to just stay home for two weeks and not go ANYWHERE!" Sigh. I said, "You do realize that you probably caught it from someone thinking exactly like you are now, right? And this is why I try not to go anywhere - because of people who don't want to quarantine."

She said "But I'm just not that sick." SO THE HECK WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.

I think we are doomed as humans.

Old 12-22-2020, 03:05 PM

5,948 posts, read 5,117,063 times
KathrynAragon: I truly understand your pain. So many people seem to think they are somehow immune to it.

Hang in there. We have to do what is right for us. I'm in my apartment and don't see a time any time soon I can go out without using common sense. It's just not worth it.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:43 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,657,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I just got an email from a magazine I subscribe to that's from the UK. Apparently, those issues will not be mailed any time soon, unfortunately. Oh well.

Also, a friend of mine, who THANKFULLY I haven't been around lately, just tested positive for coronavirus. And get this - in spite of having symptoms, and in spite of having a positive test, she was actually going to GO GROCERY SHOPPING. When I expressed my grave concerns, she said "But no one can expect me to just stay home for two weeks and not go ANYWHERE!" Sigh. I said, "You do realize that you probably caught it from someone thinking exactly like you are now, right? And this is why I try not to go anywhere - because of people who don't want to quarantine."

"This is why we can't have nice things."

Old 12-22-2020, 05:10 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Exactly, exactly, exactly!

Old 12-22-2020, 06:27 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
But not the USA.
If I had to hazard a guess? I would say it's here already. Looked how quickly our cases increased, it didn't "seem" that people were acting THAT differently - but could be. /shrug

Apparently the UK monitoring system for Covid strains is more rigorous than ours, so they noticed it first. Not saying we have, just we could.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-22-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:

That should be tattooed on more than a few foreheads.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:57 PM

23,604 posts, read 70,456,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Have you thought of arming yourself with a squirt gun to respond to such "friends?"

Alternately, use your computer to print up a few business cards that say "Here's yer sign!" and hand them out as needed.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:44 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,977,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If I had to hazard a guess? I would say it's here already. Looked how quickly our cases increased, it didn't "seem" that people were acting THAT differently - but could be. /shrug
I'm not sure why you don't think it's people throwing caution to the winds and getting together for meals or conversation. I've certainly heard a lot of those stories since Thanksgiving.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one...

Old 12-22-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I'm not sure why you don't think it's people throwing caution to the winds and getting together for meals or conversation. I've certainly heard a lot of those stories since Thanksgiving.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one...
Because the growth was so large. It's totally possible we are that lax, and when the new variant hits us we will have even higher cases.

I'm certainly not saying that things will not get much worse for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement