Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2019, 03:28 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You know you're living in the South when you go outside and think, "Brr - should have brought a sweater". And it's 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

It was 75 here as well. Quite warm, but not so much so that I had to turn on the A/C in the car ... open windows sufficed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 06:25 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times
Wow so nice to read your update Deelighted, and Jim how stunning is that view.
JRR you have reminded me to seek out the universities in our area and I also went to a symphony last week at one of our very local universities. It was wonderful, in an old stone cathedral looking building.
NY Gal I love reading too, but I can imagine with your eyes it isn't easy. So many people I know listen to the audio books (also from the library) and love it. For some reason I cannot seem to focus enough by listening but I keep thinking to give it another try because it sure would be great and so many people do it and it works for them.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:43 AM

5,948 posts, read 5,117,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Wow so nice to read your update Deelighted, and Jim how stunning is that view.
JRR you have reminded me to seek out the universities in our area and I also went to a symphony last week at one of our very local universities. It was wonderful, in an old stone cathedral looking building.
NY Gal I love reading too, but I can imagine with your eyes it isn't easy. So many people I know listen to the audio books (also from the library) and love it. For some reason I cannot seem to focus enough by listening but I keep thinking to give it another try because it sure would be great and so many people do it and it works for them.

That is my problem, too. Keep the focus on listening. I get distracted pretty easily. The problem I think I would have using audio vs printed word is with a book, I can go back to re-read something I didn't get the first time. With audio would have to find the right place to back up to. Doesn't sound enjoyable to me.

But you are right. My eyes get tired easily. Have to look away frequently. After the most recent right eye surgery I was thrilled with how my vision for reading was so much better. But this new problem (swelling of backs of both eyes) is giving another problem.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:39 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,251,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Delighted: Sounds like you have found your comfort zone. You mentioned Nanowrimo. I am not familiar with what that is..... person?? Sorry, my memory is shot.

Nanowrimo = "National Novel Writing Month, is an annual, Internet-based creative writing project that takes place during the month of November. Participants attempt to write a 50,000-word manuscript between November 1 and November 30."

Old 10-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
Nanowrimo = "National Novel Writing Month, is an annual, Internet-based creative writing project that takes place during the month of November. Participants attempt to write a 50,000-word manuscript between November 1 and November 30."

Thank you Deelighted. Sounds interesting. I used to think I wanted to write but truthfully I can't. I know there are classes for people to find out if they have any talent for it. I need to get out from under the rock I've living under.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:31 PM

4,539 posts, read 3,760,739 times
More 🎃

Old 10-13-2019, 12:03 PM

This is so pretty! Thank you for posting!

Old 10-15-2019, 07:59 AM

4,539 posts, read 3,760,739 times
You’re welcome! I love Halloween, it’s always been a low-key, no-pressure holiday for me. I saw this walking the dog yesterday.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:55 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
We had an interesting weekend. We finally got the colder weather we were longing for; it got down to 35 Saturday night. So I turned on the heat Saturday evening and nothing happened. Good thing that we have a gas fireplace to take the chill off. But it sure made taking a shower Sunday morning interesting.

Got the repair done yesterday, so we are ready for the next chilly nights that are on the way.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:37 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Soooooooooo, this evening a bunch of neighborhoods kids came over. Built a fire in my fire pit, and we sat around making smores one of the kids brought.

They all talked how they loved my dog and miss him (he loved everyone). One little girl, about 6 crawled in my lap looked up at me and asked "Is he in heaven"?

Yes, honey he is. She replied "good, Jesus needs a good dog to keep Him company".

Speechless...
Out of the mouths of babes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement