Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2020, 07:45 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,115,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
A nice 25 degrees this morning, crisp clean fall air. Been sitting on the patio reading pretty much all day. Got an email my ballot was received and accepted.
IMO, you live a perfect life. And I believe you deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 10:26 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
IMO, you live a perfect life. And I believe you deserve it.
Thank you but not even close. I'm very empty inside.

Old 10-19-2020, 03:39 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,115,521 times
Quote:
That is the perfect life.
Your job was far from easy or simple.
This is your time to relax, eat/drink/etc what you want when you want.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:51 AM

7,048 posts, read 6,300,442 times
I haven't posted in a while, frankly because my life was so boring there was nothing to say.

I began traveling the first part of this month. I started by traveling the Great River Road. Many beautiful sights to see in our wonderful country.

Now I'm traveling through Texas on my way to Arizona, where I'll spend the winter. I've never felt so free in my life!

There's a lot of sights I haven't seen, being careful to keep myself safe, but even just seeing the beauty of nature is inspiring.

I'm currently going through Texas and everywhere I stop people are faithfully wearing masks. It's impressive how this state has taken to heart the need to be proactive. I stop for gas and water as I stocked up on food items prior to leaving Minnesota.

Old 10-19-2020, 03:09 PM

4,537 posts, read 3,758,941 times
This afternoon we put our ballots in an outside drop box available from 8:30-6:30 at the county government building. The volunteer manning the drop box made sure we had signed the envelope before dropping them in. It was the first day for early in-person voting and the line was out of the building and down the sidewalk. The building and grounds have been under major construction and remodeling for the past six months, so the traffic and parking were a bit crazy. No surprise there, it’s 2020.

We were going to stop by CVS on the way home for a pneumonia vaccine, but the parking lot was too busy and we decided we would do it another day. Traffic has been increasing here as the weather is becoming colder in northern states.

Old 10-19-2020, 03:18 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Went apple picking in a local family-owned orchard for the second time since we moved here. An absolutely beautiful crisp autumn day 38 degrees and the fall colors are just slightly past peak, but still "wow".

I never would have guessed that my happiest times would be in my late 60's, and I still almost can't believe that we are actually here, living our dream!! I feel like the BEST part of my life will be the next few years or until one of us develops some serious health problems -- but so far, we are enjoying our new life even more than I would have hoped!

The only thing that is a dampener is the realization that so many people are so worried now. Life certainly is not fair, as many people are more deserving than we are. I feel guilty that although we are not wealthy by U.S. standards, that have as much as we do and others have so little. (We will probably have enough to last us until we die, but not much over that.)

Old 10-19-2020, 06:45 PM

5,452 posts, read 4,056,924 times
Got my snow tires put on today. Mechanic made me laugh when he said Social Security makes him lazy. He just started collecting last year, he really doesn't like doing the car work anymore, getting tired.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:15 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,959,417 times
The weather is still mild here. Perfect for swinging on the porch swing - listening to music and drinking coffee.

We had our ponds and stream netted to keep the falling leaves out. I’m afraid that the leaf colors won’t be so bright because of the warmer weather.

We got our flu shots and then had a nice ride on the parkway. I was pretty achy for a day and a half after the shot.

I’m looking forward to the winter

Old 10-21-2020, 02:49 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Quote:
Get a dog!! Stop dragging your feet. Nothing like a dog to plug up that emptiness. You know I'm right.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:54 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Get a dog!! Stop dragging your feet. Nothing like a dog to plug up that emptiness. You know I'm right.
Shelters are CLOSED here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement