Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 09:02 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,920,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatanka01 View Post
The two most lost tools for me are flashlights and tape measures. And it's not an age thing, either; I swear I have spent over 12 hours of my life looking for a damn tape measure that was usually just here a second ago. I found some 10' mini Stanley tape measures for about $4 apiece that work for about 95% of the stuff I do. Bought 10 of them for $40. I might still lose them, but I no longer notice. Best $40 ever spent. Same for flashlights -- you can get these solid little LED flashlights that run on AAA's for about 4 bucks, too. That would be the second best $40 I ever spent.
I once found my misplaced tape measure in the refrigerator. I swear the thing did it by itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 12:23 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,822,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I once found my misplaced tape measure in the refrigerator. I swear the thing did it by itself.
Oh, you need to have multiple tape measures. One big one hangs over the side of a chair, a mini model sits in a drawer, an identical mini model is ALWAYS in my purse. They do take on a life of their own and I can understand perfectly how one could manage to migrate to the fridge.

A tape measure is a handy item to have, especially when you're out shopping. The one in my purse seems to stay put but the two in the house probably have parties at night while I'm asleep.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:22 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,103,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganGreg View Post
That happens to me too. What you want to do is move. During the painful chore of packing everything up for the next house, you discover you have three of everything.
Absolutely ! That's why I now own 14 Phillips screwdrivers and only 2 regular ones. I will have to start buying more of those for my collection. LOL

Old 06-17-2017, 06:00 PM

4,856 posts, read 3,669,789 times
THe instructions for our dog's bark collar. We just ordered a new one. Will save the instructions and box this time!

Old 06-18-2017, 07:46 AM

12,128 posts, read 8,523,626 times
PhxBarb reminded me of when someone discovered DH had his (one, I thought) chain saw under a tarp in the a trailer by the garage. Turns out he had two!

When he told me I couldn't help but laugh. "See, if you only had one you would have only gotten one stolen."

Later that evening I heard him say to a neighbor, "Good thing I keep my good one in the garage." SMH.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:11 AM

16,187 posts, read 10,865,187 times
I just came home from a trip and some cooking pots are missing from my kitchen. I think my daughter visited while I was gone and emptied out the dishwasher and put things away -- but where??? I can misplace things all by myself -- I don't need help.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:07 AM

3,094 posts, read 1,698,542 times
Well, I have a doozy to add to this.

The last 4 months or so was spent preparing for retirement, and back in April I could not find the annuity policy for an inheritance that I was going to start withdrawing from. Couldn't find it. Looked everywhere, and then some, and checked almost everywhere several times. I am convinced that I somehow accidentally dumped it into the bag for shredding, which was since taken to the shredding event. I think I lost years over that one. I couldn't get a replacement since it was an inheritance policy that was not issued from the company that bought them out. But they sent me the information that I needed.

I thought I had been so careful to not lose it. But.... I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement