Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 05:14 AM

1,345 posts, read 1,389,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
A few days later, I found the original remote in a bag of potato chips.
This is great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 06:17 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,339,338 times
My grandmothers wedding ring that was passed down to my mom and then on her death to me, but I really think it was stolen. I'm still heartbroken over it though. But I still search for it in hopes that it will magically appear one day.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:45 AM

1,563 posts, read 1,222,099 times
The glass lid to a vintage 60's Pyrex bowl that I always make Jello in. Lid & bowl are always stored together in the cabinet. Went to use it the other day and the lid has just vanished. Turned the kitchen upside down. No lid. Nowhere.

Same thing happened to my favorite cooking spoon that I'd had for years. One fine day it just vanished from the drawer. Never to be found again. Can't find another like it since it was vintage too. Still miss that awesome spoon!

Old 06-14-2017, 07:59 AM

15,234 posts, read 10,426,439 times
I hid my late husband's wedding ring somewhere because it was too big to wear, even on my thumb. Now I don't remember where I put it. I've checked everywhere including the couch cushions although I have no idea why it might be in there.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:19 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,507,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I lost my very expensive transition progressive glasses and have not found them.

It was as though someone came into my house and stole them (I know that's dumb). But they were on the kitchen counter one minute and gone the next. No one else was in the house. The dogs only eat food. I dumped out the garbage cans twice. I looked under the beds, the furniture, and outside in the yard. Also in the car. I looked in every drawer and dresser. They are gone.

How does this happen? It is a sign of getting really really old, I know. And now, I can't see a thing until I get my new glasses in 2 weeks. I feel very stupid today.
...okay, but you know as soon as the new ones come you'll find your old ones! No spares you could have used to be sure the misplaced don't turn up?

Old 06-14-2017, 08:21 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,507,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
I buy my glasses at walmart, $12 for 3 pairs.
Lose em all the time, I don't care.
I often locate them after stepping on them. crrrunccch.
You can get "readers" up to 3+ for a buck at Dollar Tree.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:33 AM

888 posts, read 893,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I lost my very expensive transition progressive glasses and have not found them.

It was as though someone came into my house and stole them (I know that's dumb). But they were on the kitchen counter one minute and gone the next. No one else was in the house. The dogs only eat food. I dumped out the garbage cans twice. I looked under the beds, the furniture, and outside in the yard. Also in the car. I looked in every drawer and dresser. They are gone.

How does this happen? It is a sign of getting really really old, I know. And now, I can't see a thing until I get my new glasses in 2 weeks. I feel very stupid today.
Here's the acid test that, yes, you're getting old: When you spend half your day losing stuff and the other half trying to find it. This is my wife, sort of.

What I've learned from her proclivity to lose stuff is to not exclude the trash can because often it's a treasure chest of lost and found. Also, if you're the type that likes to "hide stuff", you're more likely to have trouble finding your stuff. Creature of habit behavior is a good insurance policy; put stuff always in the same place even if it is more work.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:43 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,677,993 times
your glasses are in the refrigerator

Old 06-14-2017, 08:55 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,688,369 times
I recently lost a "Cats" sweatshirt I bought years ago when I went to see the play.

Not in any drawer.
Not in the hamper.

I don't get dressed or undressed anywhere else except my bedroom, so I have no idea where it could be!

Vanished.
Crazy.

The same thing happened to a tee shirt I had. It had a picture of Bozo the Clown on it with a red slash mark through his face (No Bozos! haha).

Just disappeared!

Old 06-14-2017, 09:00 AM

888 posts, read 893,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I recently lost a "Cats" sweatshirt I bought years ago when I went to see the play.

Not in any drawer.
Not in the hamper.

I don't get dressed or undressed anywhere else except my bedroom, so I have no idea where it could be!

Vanished.
Crazy.

The same thing happened to a tee shirt I had. It had a picture of Bozo the Clown on it with a red slash mark through his face (No Bozos! haha).

Just disappeared!
Check to see if you're wearing it; never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement