Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 12:51 PM

14 posts, read 60,618 times

Advertisements

Meth sales and crack sales and a whole lot more killings.
Fresno=gangs
Stockton=gangs
Oakland=killings
Sun valley=meth sales
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 8,750 times
Meth= gang activity. Anywhere you may be. It might not be a gang in the traditional sense, but unless u have one person in sun valley using the one pot method, chances are huge that there is gang activities of some kind. NV has dumped alot of thier public assistance programs, which is what i accredit them for having a lower crime rate than cali.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:36 AM

3 posts, read 8,750 times
Seriously tho.....who wants to illegaly immigrate to a state that doesnt have welfare,e.b.t.,wic,etc? They want the free ride. Thats how the gangs can sit around cali on thier asses and b able to start whatever criminal enterprise they are getting into. Gotta get start up money somewhere after paying a coyote 3k to be smuggled here.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:11 PM

16 posts, read 47,853 times
There is a main street that goes to and through Sun Valley (In Reno, it's called Clear Acre but turns into Sun Valley Blvd). Traveling that north, you'll get a sense that this really isn't the place to live UNTIL you reach 7th Ave. Turn right on 7th and take it towards the end, you'll start to notice slightly better neighborhoods. OR, keep going north on Sun Valley Blvd until it "ends" and turn left. Much, MUCH nicer neighborhood, relatively safe and quiet.

My mother lives in the relatively poorer part of Sun Valley and she doesn't seem to have too many problems with gangs or crime.

That said, unless you have a great paying and secure job, or a very large six-figure sum in the bank, do yourself a BIIIIIG favor and stay away from the Reno/Sparks area.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:32 PM

16 posts, read 47,853 times
BTW, I forgot to mention yesterday that I grew up an hour south of Fresno and know about Fresno's gang problems, at least back in the 90s.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,722,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Ezekiel View Post
Seriously tho.....who wants to illegaly immigrate to a state that doesnt have welfare,e.b.t.,wic,etc? They want the free ride. Thats how the gangs can sit around cali on thier asses and b able to start whatever criminal enterprise they are getting into. Gotta get start up money somewhere after paying a coyote 3k to be smuggled here.
An inaccurate statement, the illegals come here to work, very few of them care about the gangs. That should be apparent from the very information you put in your post, they don't come for welfare, they come to work.

Gangs tend to be second and third generation immigrants.

Now you, as a good patriotic American get everyone who think like you and take the jobs from the illegals. If every good patriotic American who sits back and complains about illegals actually did something. Why then, the illegal problem would be solved, and you could credit yourselves for that.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,818 times
Exclamation Stockton

I am currently in a gang in stockton. WSB Or known as West Side Blood Gang! the crime rate has went up and is worse than fresno. i think we are second in most dangerous cities in california oakland is on top. But th westside of stockton has Bloods North side has Blood and crips But mostly Bloods . Southside crips. and east side has Both. But the West Side is the most dangerous on pixie drive up in Louis Park Pixie Woods.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,758 times
Listen I live on 9th avenue in Sun Valley. I just recently moved here from Oklahoma. I've been to parts of North Tulsa that is far worse then Sun Valley. I literally live a few blocks away from Leon and that is the worst street. Give me a break. I have seen a biker gang presence in the area bu just mind you own business and they wont bother you. Graffiti is another problem I have seen but mainly punk kids trying to get there LOL's. Funny enough I haven't heard of a murder in the 4 months Ive been here. Sparks has had like 4 or 5 since I moved here. Sun Valley is a good place to start off cheap if you move to the Reno area. There are really nice houses in some places around here and yes there are really good deals on trailers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area