Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,895 times

Advertisements

Sun Valley is as stated, a rednecc, trailer trash, meth head speck in Northern Nevada. As for Reno, how ever, you do have a few small blxxd and Crip gangs like 501 and some Indians claim to be Piru blxxds. Mexican gangs like Sur's & Northa's are the ones that carry most of the gang relation up there and even all that can not compare to California gangs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,669 times
Default sunn valley vs cali (la o-town fresno p-world)

ok check it i have lived and in four and pittsburg right now i live in sun valley and i promise u sunvalley anti **** , the only bad part is its got the most regerstered sex afenders in all the usa.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:52 AM

197 posts, read 549,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindeye50 View Post
ok check it i have lived and in four and pittsburg right now i live in sun valley and i promise u sunvalley anti **** , the only bad part is its got the most regerstered sex afenders in all the usa.
that is not impressive......... I have a few friends in Sun valley and they are all retired and over 70

Old 12-27-2010, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 4,559 times
Default Gangs

Sup, I'm Guero from that Sureno Valley 13 from the valleys in Reno,Nv. I used to live in LA. I lived in Sun Valley for about 11 years i grew up around the gangs there i live in another valley now witch is about 5 min away. The gangs about 7yrs ago in Sun Valley were there but u wouldnt worry, now today the gangs are gettin bigger and most white people think they wont do notin but they are very very wrong, white people get scared so they dont do spit, all they do is neighborhood watch and give advise to the police. Sun Valley does not compare with Fresno, and oakland, Those two cities would make abig WAR! SV 13.:

Old 05-17-2011, 02:25 PM

5 posts, read 22,692 times
Default Sun Valley Gangs

I have lived in Sun Valley for 4 yrs and I have not seen anything gang related. I have driven CAB for 6 yrs in Oakland and now you would need an Armored Car for a sage Taxi Cab lol

Old 05-19-2011, 04:01 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times
i visit Sun valley a great deal. Very Safe!!! Very low key and the residents are very nice.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 AM

9 posts, read 42,232 times
This reply is for doperpup I grew up in Compton, and just because you did not encounter any gangs at a baseball game in Oakland does mean that Oakland does not have any gang activity. The same thing for example if you were to go to Disneyland or Magic Mountain and you do not see any gangs or gang activity there does not mean jack. Now however try driving through where gang activity is going on, then that is different.Also you are right Northern Nevada does not have a gang problem like the ones in California, but there are a few gang members living there. My grandparents live Reno, so I pretty much know all about Sun Valley, and Reno-Spaks

Old 07-10-2011, 08:26 AM

That is true

Old 07-10-2011, 08:38 AM

I have experience living in area where there was and still is gang activity today. I grew up in Compton my parents moved to Reno but as for Sun Valley being gang ridden I would say go to Compton, Oakland, Richmond, or other Cities in California and you will see that Sun Valley is basically way better if you are trying to raise a family

Old 07-11-2011, 09:05 PM

230 posts, read 676,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTfoelife View Post
This reply is for doperpup I grew up in Compton, and just because you did not encounter any gangs at a baseball game in Oakland does mean that Oakland does not have any gang activity. The same thing for example if you were to go to Disneyland or Magic Mountain and you do not see any gangs or gang activity there does not mean jack. Now however try driving through where gang activity is going on, then that is different.Also you are right Northern Nevada does not have a gang problem like the ones in California, but there are a few gang members living there. My grandparents live Reno, so I pretty much know all about Sun Valley, and Reno-Spaks
It's DOBERpup (as in Doberman Pinscher) -- and I'm not denying that gangs are in Oakland, I'm just saying that I haven't personally encountered it, even while driving on 14th Street over the years. I have personally seen more crime here in Carson City than I ever did in two decades of travelling through Oakland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area