Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 03:32 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
That's cute, but one doesn't need faith to be an atheist. However, I agree that Thanksgiving has religious roots.

We atheists can get around that. I thank abiogenesis and evolution for coming up with us and the wondrous world we live in.
Then your faith is to the tune of 10x40,000 th power probability according to world reknown ATHEIST and CoFounder of the DNA Structure himself...Dr. Francis Crick : http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/did-life-form-by-accident.htm . I suppose if youd rather thank raw materials/hydrogen and helium/chance/ and the infamous One Celled Pond Scum as your great great Ancestor ... you can, and no one will stop you . I tried diligently for 10 adult years to do this...but I ran out of faith and had to exit the charade for reality .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 03:48 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
If you ever want to seriously investigate the Christian Faith including evidences for the Biblical Creator, Jesus, his historical ressurection from the dead, why we can trust the Bible , etc... the best internet source I have found is at www.impactapologetics.com . I just finished reading the featured book on the site called :'I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist' and it was very scholarly written and also contains the evidences for the credibility of the Christian Faith in the same book. Regards.
I thank you for your concern, however I have no need for your Christianity and no disrespect intended, I have my own belief and cultural and it serves me just fine, thank you anyway.

Last edited by ptsum; 11-26-2009 at 04:17 PM..

Old 11-26-2009, 03:55 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
007.5 wrote:
Quote:
I suppose if youd rather thank raw materials/hydrogen and helium/chance/ and the infamous One Celled Pond Scum as your great great Ancestor ... you can, and no one will stop you . I tried diligently for 10 adult years to do this...but I ran out of faith and had to exit the charade for reality .
Your OP had a positive tone to it and although I'm an atheist and I can appreciate the sincerity of the message and agree with what ptsum had to say about this particular holiday. I hope you don't continue to let this thread degenerate into an anti-atheist theme by making more of these comments that are off topic from the OP that you started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality