Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2023, 07:34 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
This wouldn't hold true for everyone who had similar experiences to my own - and MANY DID - but for me there doesn't appear to have been any major 'scarring', a term we like to apply to people who have had traumatic experiences as a child. As one might imagine, some things that occurred decades ago during my stay in that institution, initially intended for orphans but later adapted to accommodate the many more wards of the state, were quite disturbing. Most of you, I think, know the stories of such places. And, while I speak of having forgiven my father, I too have done things wrong in my life for which I would have appreciated forgiveness.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, folks.
I freely admit I have scarring, who wouldn't. But the difference is I do not hold any grudges or animosity towards him or for being indoctrinated. I was able to rise above all of it, although it took many years. The whole dysfunctional mess of the cultish churches and people involved are just distant memories that I shove out of my head when they try to sneak back in.

I no longer live in the past, I'm very much present and accounted for. This thread was started in 2007 so a lot of things have changed since then. For one thing my Dad has passed, and the forgiveness came before that. I don't know if you saw what I posted recently in this thread but others seem to not be reading back before they comment on the OP.

I cannot imagine really what you went through in that orphanage. I feel for you, at least I didn't have to experience that particular brand of hell. All is well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality