Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:10 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Then a friend of mine was trying to teach her daughter how to tell when a blessing or prayer was over. She told her that when she heard "Amen", she could raise her head back up. One Sacrament meeting the closing prayer was a little lengthy....and you could her her daughter, in a quiet but firm voice, saying, "Amen",...."Say Amen!"

don't you just love it?!
Smart girl! God was probably waiting for the end of that lengthy prayer, as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 02:54 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,817,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Irishmom--I love this post!

I have two favorite stories right off the top.....

When my youngest daughter was 3 she had a favorite missionary, and the two of them would sometimes share glances and giggles during sacrament service. She had a favorite stuffed animal at the time (actually STILL!) and when he would come to the house for dinner she offered to let him hold "Turtle". This particular meeting our missionary sat a few rows behind us, and I saw her turning around and giggling at him. Then, out of the blue and from the corner of my eye, I saw Turtle fly up into the air toward him! It was so comical to all of a sudden see this stuffed animal flipping through the air and everyone started laughing!

Then a friend of mine was trying to teach her daughter how to tell when a blessing or prayer was over. She told her that when she heard "Amen", she could raise her head back up. One Sacrament meeting the closing prayer was a little lengthy....and you could her her daughter, in a quiet but firm voice, saying, "Amen",...."Say Amen!"

don't you just love it?!
Oh I would have paid to see the turtle fly through the air at mass!...LOL I totally love it!

I'm pretty sure a few times here and there I've said, "Say Amen" under my breath too!....LOL

Old 05-07-2007, 02:55 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,817,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Those are cute! I've got another one-we used to sing the song in church that said, "The Lord, the Lord is a rock eternal..." My little boy thought they were saying "The Lord, the Lord is a rocky turtle!" I asked him why he thought that? I said, "what kind of sense does that make?" He said emphatically, "it doesn't make ANY, but that's what I thought ya'll were saying!"
It may not make sense, but it's too cute for the planet!...LOL

Old 05-07-2007, 03:33 PM

311 posts, read 1,377,026 times
My daughter's 3 & 4 year old sunday school class was invited to sing in the adult service. She must have taken her singing debut very seriously. She sang so loud you had no trouble hearing her at the back and she even added her own hand gestures. My wife is a good singer with a strong voice, so she probably got this from her. It certainly was not me.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,226,515 times
This happened a few weeks ago and a co-worker of mine was talking about it. It wasn't in church but at a mall in a Bible Book Store.

Two little boys were in the cart, one was about 3 and the other, about 6. They were quarreling over a toy and the 6 year old began crying and through his tears he said,

"I wish my little brother would go to Heaven right now."

I think that is so funny, and a good way to "put it" when one is peeved with someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality