Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:07 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
To set an example for us. What's this got to do with the 7 day thing you begged for a response on?
I really don't have much to say about your response. I was reading the linked forum you sent me and kind of got lost in the shuffle. Really, the literal 7 day creation theory, although inbelievable in my opinion, at least gives you more credibility to those of us with more scientific beliefs. I think the creationist theory of 7 days = 7k years is something that needed to be addressed because I have not yet met someone who can explain this to me, but it scares me that a person could actually believe this. And, in another post, I talked about mega churches swindling money from people. If someone believes the earth is only 7k years old than they'll believe anything.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I really don't have much to say about your response. I was reading the linked forum you sent me and kind of got lost in the shuffle. Really, the literal 7 day creation theory, although inbelievable in my opinion, at least gives you more credibility to those of us with more scientific beliefs. I think the creationist theory of 7 days = 7k years is something that needed to be addressed because I have not yet met someone who can explain this to me, but it scares me that a person could actually believe this. And, in another post, I talked about mega churches swindling money from people. If someone believes the earth is only 7k years old than they'll believe anything.
I agree about the 7 day thing. Christians don't like to have to 'swallow the whole pill' so to speak. But I don't mind. I don't mind that folks think my beliefs are ridiculous. I don't mind that folks tell me I'm in a make believe world. That I don't face reality. That science is god and we're all living in our own little realm of reality that makes no sense at all.

I don't mind that at all. I wish it wasn't that way, but I don't mind.

What people think of me doesn't affect me now and it won't affect me in 1,000,000,000,000 years either. What God thinks of me affects me past/present/future.

You are absolutely right in your observations on the 7 day thing. Christians who try and use the day=1000 years argument, in my opinion, probably have splinters in their backsides from riding the fence.

I'm also mad as hell about the story about your experience as a child. It friggin boils my blood when the very institution established to lead folks to the Lord is the same establishment that drives them away. It is why I despise religion....but that's another thread.

Anyway, I'd love your response to some of the things in that other thread...it's old and will take some committment to 'catch up' but I thought it was a pretty cool thread. Lot's of different takes and for whoever is interested....most of my opinions are in there....

Thanks GCSTroop.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:17 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Yeah I'm working on the others forum... lots of reading. May take a day or two lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality