Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 12:31 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,830,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I guess I'm getting a little tired and I'll re-read this post in the morning, but for now you're a little over my head. Big words + No Coffee =
Ha ha! I was thinking the same thing! Definitely time to check the broken beagle and go to bed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 12:40 AM

259 posts, read 1,183,302 times
I apologize for the big words at this late hour...... I'm still coming down from a long boring night at work. Goodnight all.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:51 AM

954 posts, read 815,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromcenFL View Post
A great many scholars apply the events foretold to the descruction of Jerusalem, and the doing away of the old covenant which occurred in AD 70 which is nearly 2000 years ago. I believe this is what the poster was refering to, correct me if I was wrong.
Yes, Mat 24:29 was what I was refering to.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:58 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,204,807 times
Do you live this as part of your lives? I mean do you think about it all the time or do you just think you are ready and when it happens it happens?

No, I don't dwell on it all the time. Do I think about it often? Yes. I'm ready beause Christ has made me ready. I know it will come we're just waiting for it.

And I believe the folks you were referring to were Jack and Rexella Van Impe. They are not very well regarded among the Church.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Do you mean the year 2000? I was under the impression that Jesus died 2007 years ago...did I read that wrong?
Yes! JC prophecised that some of the people standing before him, listening to him speak, would see the second coming! Didn't happen. Whoops!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Yes! JC prophecised that some of the people standing before him, listening to him speak, would see the second coming! Didn't happen. Whoops!
Your understanding of that is off if your referring to Matthew 16:28. Did He say second coming? No. We need to look at the context especially Matthew 17:1-8.

And please do me a favor don't use JC when referring to Jesus Christ. He is not some inane twisted rapper. I would really appreciate that, thanks

Old 05-05-2007, 10:27 AM

[quote=Marks;672439]
Quote:
Your understanding of that is off if your referring to Matthew 16:28. Did He say second coming? No. We need to look at the context especially Matthew 17:1-8.
I'm referring to Matt 24:29-35.

Quote:
And please do me a favor don't use JC when referring to Jesus Christ. He is not some inane twisted rapper. I would really appreciate that, thanks
I find 'Jesus Christ' 'God Almighty' and 'Saviour' offensive but I don't tell people not to use them. Sorry if you are offended by it but I've always done it and will continue to do so. There are some thing we just have to learn to live with!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
I'm referring to Matt 24:29-35.
He doesn't say those that are standing right there will see Him come back at that moment. It's still a wrong conclusion.

-MOD CUT -

Last edited by Hoosier; 05-05-2007 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 05-05-2007, 11:03 AM

[quote=Marks;672513]
Quote:
He doesn't say those that are standing right there will see Him come back at that moment. It's still a wrong conclusion.
No it isn't!

He tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime.

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB)

Old 05-05-2007, 11:49 AM

23,029 posts, read 34,446,406 times
[quote=pladecalvo;672596]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
No it isn't!

He tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime.

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB)
I believe He was said "this generation' He was referring to "this nation", that the Jewish race shall not pass away until the Lord returns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality