Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:17 PM

36 posts, read 96,153 times

Advertisements

Rejoice Heathens, Pagans, Infidels, Atheists, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddists and anti-christs. There is coming a time when the Christian church and it's beliefs will be done away with. There will only be underground type's, but for the most part it will be gone.

Just so you know, I'm a Christian and I'm making this statement because it's in the Word of God, the Holy Bible.----------------

Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,290 times
So which Christians? Is it everyone who claims to be a Christians? Does it matter which denomination they align their beliefs too? Do you have a schedule on when they will be all gone? What about young children who dont have belief yet or an understanding of religion? Will they go too?

Old 02-19-2007, 01:40 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
So which Christians? Is it everyone who claims to be a Christians? Does it matter which denomination they align their beliefs too? Do you have a schedule on when they will be all gone? What about young children who dont have belief yet or an understanding of religion? Will they go too?
That's one thing I hate about religion.

Everybody is always coming and going, lol. Nobody ever sticks around to accomplish anything.

-TT

Old 02-19-2007, 01:49 PM

325 posts, read 1,408,775 times
So which Christians? Is it everyone who claims to be a Christians?
Only those who have truthfully accepted Christ in their heart.

Does it matter which denomination they align their beliefs too?
No. See previous answer.

Do you have a schedule on when they will be all gone?
Matthew 24:35-37 (New International Version)
35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

What about young children who dont have belief yet or an understanding of religion? Will they go too?
From what I've read, if they have not reached their age of accountability then they will be in heaven with the Lord.

Last edited by ncsu99; 02-19-2007 at 02:15 PM..

Old 02-19-2007, 02:29 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu99 View Post
Only those who have truthfully accepted Christ in their heart.
“truthfully accepted”? That’s a pretty subjective term. Seems like there should be a more rigid test. Some may “truthfully accept” but also prefer to kill in the name of God. Some “truthfully accept” and prefer to be apathetic towards acts committed in the name of their religion. That is by no means a list of all Christians, but they get to go too because they feel they have “truthfully accepted” Christ?

Quote:
No. See previous answer.
So it doesn’t matter anymore on interpretation. Everyone can have their own interpretation that can either justify their killing in the name of God or living a peaceful and tolerant life with others in the name of God. Both are the same just as long as they “truthfully accepted” Christ?

Quote:
Matthew 24:35-37 (New International Version)
35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
I sure wish there was a time, it always seems there is a religios leader who keeps informing people the end times are near. Do they know about the above scripture? Or do they have another verse they use or interpretation?

Quote:
From what I've read, if they have not reached their age of accountability then they will be in heaven with the Lord.
What determines “age of accountability”? Is it 18? Is that the age in the bible? Was it always 18? Is it different from men and women? If there isnt an exact age, do they have to take an "accountability test"?

Old 02-19-2007, 02:46 PM

325 posts, read 1,408,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
“truthfully accepted”? That’s a pretty subjective term. Seems like there should be a more rigid test. Some may “truthfully accept” but also prefer to kill in the name of God. Some “truthfully accept” and prefer to be apathetic towards acts committed in the name of their religion. That is by no means a list of all Christians, but they get to go too because they feel they have “truthfully accepted” Christ?

So it doesn’t matter anymore on interpretation. Everyone can have their own interpretation that can either justify their killing in the name of God or living a peaceful and tolerant life with others in the name of God. Both are the same just as long as they “truthfully accepted” Christ?

I sure wish there was a time, it always seems there is a religios leader who keeps informing people the end times are near. Do they know about the above scripture? Or do they have another verse they use or interpretation?

What determines “age of accountability”? Is it 18? Is that the age in the bible? Was it always 18? Is it different from men and women? If there isnt an exact age, do they have to take an "accountability test"?
Good question. God will be the final judge, but it seems to me a truly changed Christian would have serious issues killing in the name of God.

What do you mean by interpretation? I thought you were asking about the different denominations.

Thessalonians 1:9-10 (New International Version)
9for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.
There are others of course, in Revelation especially. I just don't have the time to look them up for ya.

I would suspect it's different for everyone. Some mentally handicapped adults, for example, may not have the ability to understand God's word, or much else for that matter, and never reach the age of accountability.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:11 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,886 times
Quote:
We've discussed this before, but show me where in the Bible there is the "age of accountability"? Hate to brake it to you but it's not there

Old 02-19-2007, 03:31 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,443,074 times
According to Hopi prophecy the world will not end until "the bearded white people from across the ocean" accept the Hopi Way, the way of peace

Old 02-19-2007, 03:35 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
According to Hopi prophecy the world will not end until "the bearded white people from across the ocean" accept the Hopi Way, the way of peace
I can't grow a beard I'm a girl!!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 03:41 PM

431 posts, read 394,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
What does the Hopi phophecy have to do with Christianity being eradicated? No argument intended, I just don't understand? Are you giving us another belief to consider? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.