Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:48 PM

431 posts, read 394,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
That's one thing I hate about religion.

Everybody is always coming and going, lol. Nobody ever sticks around to accomplish anything.

-TT
Why do you participate in religious threads when you clearly are not a believer in Christianity and you only put down Christians?? Is this a thrill-seeking type of behavior you enjoy or do you simply like to belittle others? I'm truly interested in knowing why you behave in such a manner. A grown-up surely has something better to do with his/her time than attack Christians in a forum.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:48 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,697,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
We've discussed this before, but show me where in the Bible there is the "age of accountability"? Hate to brake it to you but it's not there
You're right. Much of the Bible doesn't make sense.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:52 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,443,449 times
Yes, actually, each religion has its account of the end times, to think somehow that the Christian version supersedes all others is,,, Bush like

Old 02-19-2007, 03:54 PM

702 posts, read 2,526,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelite View Post
Rejoice Heathens, Pagans, Infidels, Atheists, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddists and anti-christs. There is coming a time when the Christian church and it's beliefs will be done away with. There will only be underground type's, but for the most part it will be gone.

Just so you know, I'm a Christian and I'm making this statement because it's in the Word of God, the Holy Bible.----------------
It's fine with me if you want to be religious and spout fire and brimstone in your own home, but do you have to flaunt it in public? To many people it's disgusting and I just don't know why we have to have it thrown in our faces...

Old 02-19-2007, 03:55 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittle View Post
Is this a thrill-seeking type of behavior you enjoy or do you simply like to belittle others? I'm truly interested in knowing why you behave in such a manner. A grown-up surely has something better to do with his/her time than attack Christians in a forum.
Not to speak out of turn, but he probably learned this type of behavior from some self-proclaimed Christians.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:59 PM

431 posts, read 394,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Not to speak out of turn, but he probably learned this type of behavior from some self-proclaimed Christians.
Why don't we let him tell us? And please bear in mind that not all Christians are "bad".

One bad apple don't spoil the bunch. Try to judge each individual by their merits rather than bulk us all together, please.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:00 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,520 times
Quote:
Why do you participate in religious threads when you clearly are not a believer in Christianity and you only put down Christians?? Is this a thrill-seeking type of behavior you enjoy or do you simply like to belittle others? I'm truly interested in knowing why you behave in such a manner. A grown-up surely has something better to do with his/her time than attack Christians in a forum.
Too tired to write a novel, so here are some bullets....

1. I'm not attacking anyone, merely stating an observation. When the OP started this post with "Rejoice Heathens, Pagans, Infidels, Atheists....." I just figured I was being invited to comment. Silly me.

2. I'm sure you claim to be a Christian, even as you're here to judge me.

3. I've already asked for a "Religion" forum so you can all preach to and praise one another to your heart's content.

4. I wonder if you'll end up with a profile infraction for the personal attack you just made. I doubt it.

-TT

Old 02-19-2007, 04:11 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,436 times
Quote:
Why don't we let him tell us? And please bear in mind that not all Christians are "bad".
Which is why I specifically stated “some self-proclaimed Christians”. I think he knows not all are bad, but the bad ones are pretty vocal and other Christians don’t seem to be as vocal in quieting them down.

Quote:
One bad apple don't spoil the bunch. Try to judge each individual by their merits rather than bulk us all together, please.
Well many Christains, including ones here on the board, seem to think it is ok to base a faith on the actions of the bad ones, so why should Christians be held to a different standard? I think it's fair to judge groups based on how they have their members judge.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:20 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,199,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You're right. Much of the Bible doesn't make sense.
Never said that. The Bible makes a whole lot of sense.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:22 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,697,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Never said that. The Bible makes a whole lot of sense.
One quick test. Can you provide a time line of events for the resurrection using all four gospels?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.