Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 10:03 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
These lamentations just confirm to me that you have NOT read my Synthesis or any of the supporting explanations in my blogs which provide mote than enough detail for a serious questioner to explore for themselves and either agree or disagree with the hypotheses I derive therefrom. Like Harry, you can't have the Cliff's Notes version to avoid the intellectual effort otherwise necessary. That is why I have tried to encourage some ambitious Young Turks in the sciences to engage my Synthesis and extrapolations rigorously. I am not hopeful it will happen in my lifetime, however.
"Cliff notes" or a summary like my Ten Truths are not intended to provide all facts, reason, logic or justification for the conclusions ultimately drawn by a "serious questioner." My Ten Truths certainly are not the all-inclusive collection of all I have considered before putting them together in summary form. They simply offer a shorter manner in which to decide whether there is enough there to pursue the line of reasoning or questioning further. Based on how that thread continued on, there was at least sufficient interest along those lines to inspire the additional questioning and/or scrutiny I have always welcomed. At least for starters. Based on what "cliff notes" you have offered by way of the comments you have posted in this forum about your Synthesis, I have yet to find good reason to pursue your Synthesis or Blog anymore than to ask for a brief summary. Perhaps something that isn't circular in nature.

Interesting you can't or won't do that, and also interesting is that you capitalize Synthesis. Can you at least explain why you do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2024, 10:21 AM

16,799 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
These lamentations just confirm to me that you have NOT read my Synthesis or any of the supporting explanations in my blogs which provide mote than enough detail for a serious questioner to explore for themselves and either agree or disagree with the hypotheses I derive therefrom.
I have read your blogs, your 'mote than enough detail' does not exist. Can you please stop derailing threads with your bogus claims?

Quote:
Like Harry, you can't have the Cliff's Notes version to avoid the intellectual effort otherwise necessary.
We do not want the Cliff notes, we want to see your alleged intellectual effort. Your blogs are not it. Can you please stop derailing threads with your bogus claims?

Quote:
That is why I have tried to encourage some ambitious Young Turks in the sciences to engage my Synthesis and extrapolations rigorously. I am not hopeful it will happen in my lifetime, however.
So you have tried to encourage some ambitious Young Turks in the sciences, but when we ask, it is the usual Cliff notes evasion.

Now what was the topic again?

Old 01-17-2024, 11:34 AM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"Cliff notes" or a summary like my Ten Truths are not intended to provide all facts, reason, logic or justification for the conclusions ultimately drawn by a "serious questioner." My Ten Truths certainly are not the all-inclusive collection of all I have considered before putting them together in summary form. They simply offer a shorter manner in which to decide whether there is enough there to pursue the line of reasoning or questioning further. Based on how that thread continued on, there was at least sufficient interest along those lines to inspire the additional questioning and/or scrutiny I have always welcomed. At least for starters. Based on what "cliff notes" you have offered by way of your comments you have posted in this forum about your Synthesis, I have yet to find good reason to pursue your Synthesis or Blog anymore than to ask for a brief summary. Perhaps something that isn't circular in nature.

Interesting you can't or won't do that, and also interesting is that you capitalize Synthesis. Can you at least explain why you do that?
Because I am referring to specific "summaries" posted here as my Synthesis that presents the underlying rationale for extrapolating the hypotheses from extant scientific facts. They have been posted in my blogs and named Synthesis 1 etc. The facts have been posted separately in explanatory versions in the blogs as well. None of it is simple despite my efforts to analogize and otherwise dumb it down for a mass audience. The stratification of our Reality by energy level and vibratory frequency is particularly difficult to convey. My use of "speed" to analogize it seemed to confuse those not used to the proper use of analogy. They tended to take the "speed" literally.

Old 01-17-2024, 11:54 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Because I am referring to specific "summaries" posted here as my Synthesis that presents the underlying rationale for extrapolating the hypotheses from extant scientific facts. They have been posted in my blogs and named Synthesis 1 etc. The facts have been posted separately in explanatory versions in the blogs as well. None of it is simple despite my efforts to analogize and otherwise dumb it down for a mass audience. The stratification of our Reality by energy level and vibratory frequency is particularly difficult to convey. My use of "speed" to analogize it seemed to confuse those not used to the proper use of analogy. They tended to take the "speed" literally.
Duly noted. Thanks.

Much like your path to God, it seems like access and review of your Synthesis (of which I now understand are more than one), requires much greater effort than say a quick review of my Ten Truths. I guess that can't really surprise either of us or anybody else for that matter. I could be wrong, but I think after so long a time of reading the many comments you have posted about your Synthesis, I know the gist of it. Comments that don't typically seem all that dumbed down to me. Either way, I doubt any summary would add too much in the way of additional facts, rationale or insight I'm not already fairly familiar with. I appreciate your efforts to explain what you already have. I also appreciate what all that means to you. All of which seems to be serving you well.

To that end, my compliments and all the best to you and yours.

Sincerely,

LM

Old 01-17-2024, 12:07 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Duly noted. Thanks.

Much like your path to God, it seems like access and review of your Synthesis (of which I now understand are more than one), requires much greater effort than say a quick review of my Ten Truths. I guess that can't really surprise either of us or anybody else for that matter. I could be wrong, but I think after so long a time of reading the many comments you have posted about your Synthesis, I know the gist of it. Comments that don't typically seem all that dumbed down to me. Either way, I doubt any summary would add too much in the way of additional facts, rationale or insight I'm not already fairly familiar with. I appreciate your efforts to explain what you already have. I also appreciate what all that means to you. All of which seems to be serving you well.

To that end, my compliments and all the best to you and yours.

Sincerely,

LM
Thank you. I do appreciate the reluctance to delve into the actual science using my references and pointers because it truly is NOT simple and absent the motivation of my encounter, I would never have engaged in it myself. Peace.

Old 01-18-2024, 11:10 AM

1,003 posts, read 790,751 times
139:1.12 (1550.3) When the later persecutions finally scattered the apostles from Jerusalem, Andrew journeyed through Armenia, Asia Minor, and Macedonia and, after bringing many thousands into the kingdom, was finally apprehended and crucified in Patrae in Achaia. It was two full days before this robust man expired on the cross, and throughout these tragic hours he continued effectively to proclaim the glad tidings of the salvation of the kingdom of heaven.

139:2.15 (1552.4) And so this man Peter, an intimate of Jesus, one of the inner circle, went forth from Jerusalem proclaiming the glad tidings of the kingdom with power and glory until the fullness of his ministry had been accomplished; and he regarded himself as the recipient of high honors when his captors informed him that he must die as his Master had died—on the cross. And thus was Simon Peter crucified in Rome.

139:4.15 (1555.8) John traveled much, labored incessantly, and after becoming bishop of the Asia churches, settled down at Ephesus. He directed his associate, Nathan, in the writing of the so-called “Gospel according to John,” at Ephesus, when he was ninety-nine years old. Of all the twelve apostles, John Zebedee eventually became the outstanding theologian. He died a natural death at Ephesus in a.d. 103 when he was one hundred and one years of age.

139:5.12 (1558.1) Philip, the onetime steward of the twelve, was a mighty man in the kingdom, winning souls wherever he went; and he was finally crucified for his faith and buried at Hierapolis.

139:6.9 (1559.4) Nathaniel’s father (Bartholomew) died shortly after Pentecost, after which this apostle went into Mesopotamia and India proclaiming the glad tidings of the kingdom and baptizing believers. His brethren never knew what became of their onetime philosopher, poet, and humorist. But he also was a great man in the kingdom and did much to spread his Master’s teachings, even though he did not participate in the organization of the subsequent Christian church. Nathaniel died in India.

139:7.10 (1560.6) When these persecutions caused the believers to forsake Jerusalem, Matthew journeyed north, preaching the gospel of the kingdom and baptizing believers. He was lost to the knowledge of his former apostolic associates, but on he went, preaching and baptizing, through Syria, Cappadocia, Galatia, Bithynia, and Thrace. And it was in Thrace, at Lysimachia, that certain unbelieving Jews conspired with the Roman soldiers to encompass his death. And this regenerated publican died triumphant in the faith of a salvation he had so surely learned from the teachings of the Master during his recent sojourn on earth.

139:8.13 (1563.1) Thomas had a trying time during the days of the trial and crucifixion. He was for a season in the depths of despair, but he rallied his courage, stuck to the apostles, and was present with them to welcome Jesus on the Sea of Galilee. For a while he succumbed to his doubting depression but eventually rallied his faith and courage. He gave wise counsel to the apostles after Pentecost and, when persecution scattered the believers, went to Cyprus, Crete, the North African coast, and Sicily, preaching the glad tidings of the kingdom and baptizing believers. And Thomas continued preaching and baptizing until he was apprehended by the agents of the Roman government and was put to death in Malta. Just a few weeks before his death he had begun the writing of the life and teachings of Jesus.

James and Judas Alpheus

139:10.11 (1564.5) The twins served faithfully until the end, until the dark days of trial, crucifixion, and despair. They never lost their heart faith in Jesus, and (save John) they were the first to believe in his resurrection. But they could not comprehend the establishment of the kingdom. Soon after their Master was crucified, they returned to their families and nets; their work was done. They had not the ability to go on in the more complex battles of the kingdom. But they lived and died conscious of having been honored and blessed with four years of close and personal association with a Son of God, the sovereign maker of a universe.

Simon the Zealot
139:11.10 (1565.7) After the dispersion because of the Jerusalem persecutions, Simon went into temporary retirement. He was literally crushed. As a nationalist patriot he had surrendered in deference to Jesus’ teachings; now all was lost. He was in despair, but in a few years he rallied his hopes and went forth to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom.

139:11.11 (1565.8) He went to Alexandria and, after working up the Nile, penetrated into the heart of Africa, everywhere preaching the gospel of Jesus and baptizing believers. Thus he labored until he was an old man and feeble. And he died and was buried in the heart of Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality