Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 03:34 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'll choose not to reply with what I'm thinking.
AS IF there is any doubt whatsoever about what that is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 03:36 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
I am most fascinated with Thomas and the Mar Thoma Christians of Kerala, India. They have a church in Toronto now. I've only ever met one personally, though, when we both worked for a company owned by Satmar Chasidic Jews in Brooklyn.

Old 01-11-2024, 09:55 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, direct consciousness-to-consciousness contact is devoid of any conversations. As I have said before, it is not remotely describable using words. We have no comparable referent to that kind of "knowing." The closest is the sense of "knowing" something in a dream that has no support in the content of the dream itself (if you have ever experienced it).
I've had many dreams like that. Just about every night in fact!

Old 01-12-2024, 07:20 PM

79 posts, read 21,721 times
Quote:
No, direct consciousness-to-consciousness contact is devoid of any conversations. As I have said before, it is not remotely describable using words. We have no comparable referent to that kind of "knowing." The closest is the sense of "knowing" something in a dream that has no support in the content of the dream itself (if you have ever experienced it).
In Enter the Dragon, Bruce Lee's character said that his fighting style is the art of fighting without fighting, which he demonstrated by not fighting. What you're saying here is that you have the act of knowing without knowing, which you demonstrated by not knowing.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:28 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,455,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by night912 View Post
In Enter the Dragon, Bruce Lee's character said that his fighting style is the art of fighting without fighting, which he demonstrated by not fighting. What you're saying here is that you have the act of knowing without knowing, which you demonstrated by not knowing.
I'm going to frame that one, lol.

Old 01-12-2024, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by night912 View Post
Cute, but inaccurate indicating you seem to have some difficulties with reading comprehension and drawing analogies.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Cute, but inaccurate indicating you seem to have some difficulties with reading comprehension and drawing analogies.
Cute and more than just a little funny you must admit...

Old 01-15-2024, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Cute and more than just a little funny you must admit...
Yes, we can be a very clever species using humor to avoid what we do not want to accept.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Yes, we can be a very clever species using humor to avoid what we do not want to accept.
Indeed. Just as we are a very clever species to rationalize our beliefs and opinions according to what we want or need, wish or feel, rather than accept what doesn't suit those desires. Very clever indeed. Or is it something having more to do with emotions rather than the truth of these matters? All too often with all too many, about all too many things, it's very hard to tell.

Old 01-15-2024, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Indeed. Just as we are a very clever species to rationalize our beliefs and opinions according to what we want or need, wish or feel, rather than accept what doesn't suit those desires. Very clever indeed. Or is it something having more to do with emotions rather than the truth of these matters? All too often with all too many, about all too many things, it's very hard to tell.
You do seem to forget that I WAS an atheist with no "wants, needs, wishes, or feelings about a God" (in fact, the complete opposite) when I was "smacked upside my head" with the unmistakable reality of God. I spent decades resolving that reality, NOT confirming any preexisting "wants, needs, wishes, or feelings about a God."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality