Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 08:33 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

things you do not know about Jesus

And are probably better off not knowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 01:37 PM

998 posts, read 786,751 times
1. Jesus—The Man
196:1.1 (2090.2) Jesus’ devotion to the Father’s will and the service of man was even more than mortal decision and human determination; it was a wholehearted consecration of himself to such an unreserved bestowal of love. No matter how great the fact of the sovereignty of Michael, you must not take the human Jesus away from men. The Master has ascended on high as a man, as well as God; he belongs to men; men belong to him. How unfortunate that religion itself should be so misinterpreted as to take the human Jesus away from struggling mortals! Let not the discussions of the humanity or the divinity of the Christ obscure the saving truth that Jesus of Nazareth was a religious man who, by faith, achieved the knowing and the doing of the will of God; he was the most truly religious man who has ever lived on Urantia.

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...96-faith-jesus

Old 03-01-2024, 08:16 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Don't be lazy. A quick Google search brings up more articles about this very topic than you could ever read.
I see you trying to stereotype people. That's about it.

Old 03-01-2024, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
more things you do not know about Jesus within below events

And when the angels said:
O Marium! surely Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the world.
O Marium! keep to obedience to your Lord and humble yourself,
and bow down with those who bow.
That never happened.
Quote:
This is of the announcements relating to the unseen which We reveal to you;
and you were not with them when they cast their pens (to decide) which of them should have Marium in his charge,
and you were not with them when they contended one with another.

When the angels said:
O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium,
worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).
And he shall speak to the people when in the cradle and when of old age,
and (he shall be) one of the good ones.

She said: My Lord! when shall there be a son (born) to I me, and man has not touched me?
He said: Even so, Allah creates what He pleases; when He has decreed a matter, He only says to it, Be, and it is.
And He will teach him the Book and the wisdom and the Torah and the Injeel.
And (make him) an apostle to the children of Israel:
That I have come to you with a sign from your Lord,
that I determine for you out of dust like the form of a bird,
then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with Allah's permission
and I heal the blind and the leprous, and bring the dead to life with Allah's permission
and I inform you of what you should eat and what you should store in your houses;
most surely there is a sign in this for you, if you are believers.

And a verifier of that which is before me of the Taurat and that I may allow you part of that which has been forbidden t you,
and I have come to you with a sign from your Lord therefore be careful of (your duty to) Allah
and obey me Surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, therefore serve Him; this is the right path.
Interesting paraphrase of what the Gospels say. But they added a bunch of stuff God never said.

Old 03-01-2024, 08:46 AM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I see you trying to stereotype people. That's about it.
In other words, you didn't do the suggested Google Search.

Do you call yourself "a christian"? If so, you just stereotyped yourself.

Old 03-01-2024, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
In other words, you didn't do the suggested Google Search.

Do you call yourself "a christian"? If so, you just stereotyped yourself.
Or maybe I'm secure enough in my faith to know that you are just full of hot air. I've never seen you add a thing to the conversation about God that is worthwhile. I challenge you to clarify your silly statements and you respond by telling me to Google it. AS if Google tells me what silly thing is running through your head.

Old 03-01-2024, 03:03 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Or maybe I'm secure enough in my faith to know that you are just full of hot air. I've never seen you add a thing to the conversation about God that is worthwhile. I challenge you to clarify your silly statements and you respond by telling me to Google it. AS if Google tells me what silly thing is running through your head.
Why would a person who no longer believes in god be supporting the concept of god in a discussion?

Old 03-01-2024, 07:38 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
things you do not know about Jesus

And are probably better off not knowing.
Well it’s not exactly a comprehensive biography given by the NT.
Large chunks of his life story are missing.
But I suppose the last 3 years of his ministry are the only ones that really count, along with the miracles and the resurrection- which are the proofs of his divinity. (and why there are billions of followers today)

Old 03-01-2024, 09:06 PM

2,775 posts, read 2,669,886 times
more things you do not know about Jesus or you know it wrong

his name is not Jesus
he was not crucified
he was not killed and not resurrection

Old 03-02-2024, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
more things you do not know about Jesus or you know it wrong

his name is not Jesus
he was not crucified
he was not killed and not resurrection
At what point will you stop dishonoring your prophet with these little games? I've answered every single post of your's, and countered every argument.

Actually, the Hebrew variation was probably something like Yeshua. It's the same name as "Joshua", the OT hero that a book is named after. The Greek spelling of his name, and the only name that is used for him in the new testament is "Ἰησοῦς". The best phonetic pronunciation would be "Iasous", as Greek does not have a "J" in it.

He most certainly WAS crucified, and he rose again. He appeared to the disciples, and he showed them the wounds in his hands and his sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality