Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 07:19 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,769,797 times

Advertisements

A pastor I know said that most grown folks have two reasons for joining a church, if they don't already belong to one: A place to
provide their kids with a religious/spiritual/moral education, or a place to find a community of like-minded souls that can extend beyond just Sunday morning at 11. Since you're in the second group, spread your wings wide in looking, but be aware also that many churches in the city consider the welcoming and acceptance of gay and trans people a spiritual obligation, not a mark of political correctness.

Old 11-18-2023, 12:56 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,666,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCHP-lavender View Post
I clicked on the link to Times Square and there is a rainbow on the top of the page. I cannot go to a rainbow style of church where their religion is political correctness.

How bad is the rainbow political stuff at Times Square?
Yes, those rainbows can definitely be intimidating.

Old 11-18-2023, 03:44 PM

370 posts, read 624,768 times
St. Frances Cabrini 11am mass on Sundays. Sit in the front left section, all the regulars sit there and are very friendly.

Old 11-19-2023, 09:52 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCHP-lavender View Post
I clicked on the link to Times Square and there is a rainbow on the top of the page. I cannot go to a rainbow style of church where their religion is political correctness.

How bad is the rainbow political stuff at Times Square?
interesting that you see that as political while the churches who welcome everyone see it as following the commandment to love your neighbor.

Here's to finding a church where they they are convinced that God doesn't like the same kind of people you don't like.

Old 11-19-2023, 06:02 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Maybe look into a Religious Society of Friends meeting hall? I've heard good things about them in terms of acceptance.

Old 11-19-2023, 06:24 PM

4 posts, read 1,922 times
A Catholic church website should have a cross or Jesus, not a LGTBQ flag. Catholics follow symbolisms and the gay flag is not one of them. It has no belonging hanging at a traditional Catholic church because it has nothing to do with Catholicism especially in a Catholic church decorated as a Roman imperial court.

Catholics follow old traditional symbols and the Catholic churches are designed for creating an atmosphere that assists with offering a reverance for the Lord, God, Jesus and saints. Nowhere in the traditions of Catholicism are gay flags used.

Furthermore Catholics support the direction of life bearing and that requires a man and woman to have babies. Nobody is rejecting gay people. There are gays in my Catholic church and they are not causing trouble or causing a big scene or arguments.

The rainbow flags more common at Christian churches that have church services with donuts and coffee and the stage is like rock and roll concert with fog machines and electric guitars. They serve popcorn and candies.

Catholics are not even allowed to eat food before receiving gift. We fast. We are not allowed to receive without first having confessions.

Last year I visited a church and the sermon was about Transgenderism, so I left. It was an empty church for obvious reasons.

In todays day and age nobody is unaccepting of gays anymore. Nobody asks people to leave church. The rainbow flag is purely political and everyone knows it.

The meaning of the rainbow flags is marxism.

There are troublemakers who use the rainbow flag as a weapon.

If you cannot bare being somewhere without a gay flag hanging, and you prefer the sermons to be woke and talking about gays and transvestites then there are substantial amounts of woke churches. Many do display the BLM and rainbow flags in giant banners to let everyone know they are woke.

Woke is a crazy religion. Not that Catholicism is the answer for everyone, but woke is just plain insane.

I will personally keep going to my traditional church that follows the old ways of doing things because as Catholics we are supposed to follow those traditions. We are big on the old school symbols too. We celebrate the Eucharist and follow disciplines that do seem rigged to many people.

For anyone that disagrees with the symbols it is suggested to try a Christian contemporary church instead. But this rainbow flag this is entirely out of hand and it no longer represents gay people, it is a political flag that has nothing to do with Catholicism.

Old 11-20-2023, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenXG View Post
A Catholic church website should have a cross or Jesus, not a LGTBQ flag. Catholics follow symbolisms and the gay flag is not one of them. It has no belonging hanging at a traditional Catholic church because it has nothing to do with Catholicism especially in a Catholic church decorated as a Roman imperial court.

Catholics follow old traditional symbols and the Catholic churches are designed for creating an atmosphere that assists with offering a reverance for the Lord, God, Jesus and saints. Nowhere in the traditions of Catholicism are gay flags used.

Furthermore Catholics support the direction of life bearing and that requires a man and woman to have babies. Nobody is rejecting gay people. There are gays in my Catholic church and they are not causing trouble or causing a big scene or arguments.

The rainbow flags more common at Christian churches that have church services with donuts and coffee and the stage is like rock and roll concert with fog machines and electric guitars. They serve popcorn and candies.

Catholics are not even allowed to eat food before receiving gift. We fast. We are not allowed to receive without first having confessions.

Last year I visited a church and the sermon was about Transgenderism, so I left. It was an empty church for obvious reasons.

In todays day and age nobody is unaccepting of gays anymore. Nobody asks people to leave church. The rainbow flag is purely political and everyone knows it.

The meaning of the rainbow flags is marxism.

There are troublemakers who use the rainbow flag as a weapon.

If you cannot bare being somewhere without a gay flag hanging, and you prefer the sermons to be woke and talking about gays and transvestites then there are substantial amounts of woke churches. Many do display the BLM and rainbow flags in giant banners to let everyone know they are woke.

Woke is a crazy religion. Not that Catholicism is the answer for everyone, but woke is just plain insane.

I will personally keep going to my traditional church that follows the old ways of doing things because as Catholics we are supposed to follow those traditions. We are big on the old school symbols too. We celebrate the Eucharist and follow disciplines that do seem rigged to many people.

For anyone that disagrees with the symbols it is suggested to try a Christian contemporary church instead. But this rainbow flag this is entirely out of hand and it no longer represents gay people, it is a political flag that has nothing to do with Catholicism.
I don't disagree that the Rainbow flag has been co-opted by far left groups to further political agendas, but that was not the original purpose of the flag and the flag does not mean Marxism. In fact, the rainbow flag itself has been transformed to a new "progress flag" which many LGB people do not necessarily endorse. What you don't understand, however, is that when LGB people see that flag we know we are welcome, and that's a HUGE deal when you've been very unwelcome. You clearly don't know what it means to be marginalized in society simply because of WHO you are, but I can tell you that as someone who has been, I appreciate knowing I'm welcome. That's especially true in a church that has historically shown itself to be very exclusive and unwelcoming. You speak with nostalgia of a stodgy church that has spent more time playing God and judging people than it has in being a moral beacon. A church that has actively and systematically engaged in covering up abuses, and one that has imposed more guilt, fire and brimstone than love, compassion, and spiritual guidance. In case you have noticed the RCC is losing members faster than lightning and was no before the woke mob came along. But by all means, keep changing after that useless dogma and tradition that you'll never see again and which has no place in a spiritual community whose purpose is to unit and spread love and compassion.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 11-20-2023 at 06:18 PM..

Old 11-21-2023, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieCD4 View Post

In the USA gay people don’t need to fight to be treated normal anymore.

BS - Talk about what you know.

Old 11-21-2023, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Boston, what you are describing is not Catholicism. Catholicism is ancient and there are no woke rainbows in Catholicism. There are no day after pills in Catholicism. They are pro life. It is not an argument because Catholicism has never changed much over the thousands of years. That is the point.

There are rainbows in some contemporary Christian churches that have made being gay friendly their entire main focus on worshipping. But Catholics follow scriptures that are old. Catholics sing songs that are hundreds of years old, long before the woke gay flag movement. Catholics follow Jesus. It is and has always been dry and drab like that.

There are tons of churches that worship the rainbow gay flags but that is not a Catholic ceremony. Catholics attend mass as a sacrament and it is not a fun rainbow gay event like an MDMA rave open minded orgie. Catholics in mass are very serious and it is not a time for socializing and singing the YMCA song.

Catholics follow old traditions.
I know all about the RCC. There is theory and there is practice. Religion is a lens through which people worship God. Religion is not about playing God. too many people who claim to be Catholic are actually using Catholicism to play God or using it as cover for their own shortcomings. That's not what religion is about. As I said, the rainbow flas has been co-opted in certain cases by politically motivate groups, but that's not what it represents. If you can't tolerate seeing a rainbow flag in the context of acceptance and tolerance of people for who they are, and not politics, then whatever religion you claim to be practicing is a load of BS.

Old 11-21-2023, 06:08 AM

Quote:
The rainbow gay flag is a jewish invention. It is a tool of ideological subversive and it has nothing to do with gay people anymore.

The gay rainbow flag is just pure trouble now. It is weaponized to fool gullible people.

In the USA gay people don’t need to fight to be treated normal anymore.

Today the gay flag is more for the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. They are nothing but trouble.

The rainbow flag is the same thing as the new Ukrainian flag because Ukraine is just funneling money towards jews and making it a new jewish homeland. They use the flag to fool and steal from naive people.

The rainbow flag is the same with the Israel flag.
And you're an antisemitic bigot. Not a great representative of any religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality