Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2023, 05:31 PM

64,025 posts, read 40,336,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm telling you that it is insulting. If you wish to be Mr. Agape Love, I'd suggest you stop. Do you really want to show Agape love or not?
I'm telling you it is not an insult. It is an undeniable FACT of the past so get over it. You can not do anything about it. You have no clue what agape love is so don't presume to tell me what it is and how to show it.

Old 08-02-2023, 06:32 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,093,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I'm telling you it is not an insult. It is an undeniable FACT of the past so get over it. You can not do anything about it. You have no clue what agape love is so don't presume to tell me what it is and how to show it.
You don't get to decide what other people think, no matter how much you want to do so.

Your continued insults are offensive. And you are the guy who continues to harp on about Agape Love while throwing those insults.

I've said it before, but you are the Frank Burns of this forum. You continue to go on and on about your religiosity, telling others how to live, while doing the exact opposite. You want to show Agape Love, then do it. Otherwise, at this point you're just a clanging cymbal.

1 Cor 13:1 "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal."

Old 08-02-2023, 08:45 AM

51,147 posts, read 24,624,493 times
Quote:
You don't get to decide what other people think, no matter how much you want to do so.

Your continued insults are offensive. And you are the guy who continues to harp on about Agape Love while throwing those insults.

I've said it before, but you are the Frank Burns of this forum. You continue to go on and on about your religiosity, telling others how to live, while doing the exact opposite. You want to show Agape Love, then do it. Otherwise, at this point you're just a clanging cymbal.

1 Cor 13:1 "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal."
1. You don't get to decide what other people think, no matter how much you want to do so. Gee, who said that? Oh yes...it was you.

2. Did it ever occur to you that what you say in this forum is offensive to some other people in the forum. (Remember, you don't get to decide what other people think, no matter how much you want to do so).

3. You just insulted Mystic.

Old 08-02-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. You don't get to decide what other people think, no matter how much you want to do so. Gee, who said that? Oh yes...it was you.
Neither do you. At no point have I attempted to control what anyone here thinks. So please stop suggesting otherwise. It's arrogant and rude.
Quote:

2. Did it ever occur to you that what you say in this forum is offensive to some other people in the forum. (Remember, you don't get to decide what other people think, no matter how much you want to do so).
Yup. I sure have. Have you?
Quote:
3. You just insulted Mystic.
OK? I'll stop telling him that attacking others is rude, obnoxious and arrogant when he stops doing it.

Old 08-02-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Of course I don't but neither do you. There are certain truths about the past that are indisputable. You can choose to reject them and consider them insults. That does not make them insults. An insult is a deliberate intent to disparage someone. The intent to disparage makes it an insult, NOT the one mistakenly perceiving a mere statement of fact as an insult.

You are also free to take offense at whatever you feel offended by but don't misidentify the source of your offense. When it is a fact of the past, be offended by the past NOT the one who points it out.

Old 08-02-2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course I don't but neither do you. There are certain truths about the past that are indisputable. You can choose to reject them and consider them insults. That does not make them insults. An insult is a deliberate intent to disparage someone. The intent to disparage makes it an insult, NOT the one mistakenly perceiving a mere statement of fact as an insult.

You are also free to take offense at whatever you feel offended by but don't misidentify the source of your offense. When it is a fact of the past, be offended by the past NOT the one who points it out.
I'm not the guy that claims the way to know God is agape love. That's you. And it's hypocritical to continue to do what you know offends when you claim to be about agape love.

Old 08-02-2023, 12:50 PM

51,147 posts, read 24,624,493 times
Quote:
OK? I'll stop telling him that attacking others is rude, obnoxious and arrogant when he stops doing it.
Teacher: Johnny, stop doing that to Dave.
Johnny: He started it.

Perfect example of a christian principle...apparently.

Old 08-02-2023, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I'm not the guy that claims the way to know God is agape love. That's you. And it's hypocritical to continue to do what you know offends when you claim to be about agape love.
Agape love is the goal we ALL should strive for. I make no claim to have achieved it, thankfully Jesus did it perfectly for us. But it has nothing to do with simply acknowledging the reality of our ancestors' primitive ignorance and barbarity. What they did to Jesus alone is proof of that.

Old 08-02-2023, 01:53 PM

88,869 posts, read 85,336,177 times
In the past four days, there have been many posts--and exactly ONE referred to Bishop Spong. It appears no one is interested in the topic any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality