Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 08:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times

Advertisements

Am I asking too much?
Who is God, the Creator of all, in relation to Brahman and The Absolute...and might as well toss
in the Nothingness....and comment on the relationship with Jesus' Father.
I don't come up with these things, I'm way simpler....but I'm not understanding things others talk about.
For me, I'm happy just saying 'God'.

I am NOT bringing in Krishna, Vishnu and the rest of the gang on this.
Might as well answer the diff between why some say Brahma, others Brahman. (??)
And Thanks.

This is not about questioning whether they exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2023, 10:03 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Am I asking too much?
Who is God, the Creator of all, in relation to Brahman and The Absolute...and might as well toss
I don't come up with these things, I'm way simpler....but I'm not understanding things others talk about.

And Thanks.

Great post and thank you.

Words complicate everything, often act as barrier to understanding, instead of clarifying.
MH, Let us set aside Brahma the deity for the moment.
The meaning of Brhman in Sanskrit is bigness, greatest, whatever word you choose for that which pervades everything, everywhere, at all times.

Let us toss OUT Nothingness, because that is a qualification. Brhman has none.

Brhman has no qualities, it is nor created, does not create.
It is not God in the biblical sense. It is not conceived of as Father in heaven who creates the world. because Brhman does not create.

The relationship to Jesus and his Father, if I can make it without offending anyone, would be that Brhman is in both in Jesus's father, the creator God, and in Jesus. It is in everything.

It is important to understand Brhman exists in everything but everything is not Brhman. Only Brhman is Brhman.

I sometimes think this relationship between Brhman, Creator God, and Jesus is the same as the concept of Trinity in Christianity. Another way to look at it is Brhman, Ishvara, and the World of names and forms. These are my thoughts, not explained as such anywhere else. Any faulty understanding is mine alone.
I also think when Jesus called out to God as was dying it was to Ishvara, not Brhman. Ishvara is the one you appeal to, worship, love him in your heart. Brhman is the one you must realize as the Only true thing that exists as pure Existence, Knowledge, Fullnes - SatChitAnanda.

To be continued depending on your interest, Miss H
Namaste

Old 06-15-2023, 11:01 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Am I asking too much?
That's like asking stupid people to explain why they're stupid.

Quote:
Who is God, the Creator of all, in relation to Brahman and The Absolute...and might as well toss in the Nothingness....and comment on the relationship with Jesus' Father.
Hinduism and Protestantism are very similar in that they consist of many different sects.

People say what differentiates the Protestant sects is their tenets, but those same people will turn around and say what differentiates the Hindu sects is their philosophies.

One particular Hindu sect, the Adviata sect, holds that Brahman is everything and everything is within Brahman. It also holds that Brahman is pure knowledge.

If Brahman is pure knowledge, then Brahman cannot be ignorant, and ignorance cannot exist within Brahman, yet the Adviata sect claims we're ignorant which means we have to exist outside of Brahman but then nothing can exist outside of Brahman.

Obviously, some people didn't think things through.

Quote:
You needn't feel badly. They don't know what they're talking about, either. They read something Quora, it sounded good so it appealed to them and they seized on it even though they won't admit it.

The difference between them and I is that I actually read the Rig Vedas, the Bhagavad Gita, the Bhagavad Purana, and related works, and I also studied the Sumerian and Akkadian texts.

What struck me is those stories are very similar and many are the same but it doesn't really surprise me since I'm J-M172.

J lived in Dagostan and his son had a Y-DNA mutation so the father is J1 and the son is J2. J2's descendants migrated into India and mutated into J-M144 and another mutated into J-M172 and moved into Anatolia and northern Iraq, and another, J-M267 migrated into southern Iraq and the Levant. Another group called "I" were already living in the Georgia-Ossetia-northern Iran region.

The English word "brother" has earlier cognates in Sanskrit is bhrata, phrater in Greek, frater in Latin, broþar in Gothic, bruder in Germanic.

So, there's a proto-Indo-European culture inhabiting an area between northern Iran to about Kazakhstan and the area east of the Black Sea which includes a language (and probably dialects) and a common body of knowledge about the cosmogony and human creature that diffuses outward and, of course, over time as those groups come into contact with other different groups the stories change slightly but the cores are still the same.

You can also see it in the Hindu Dyas-Piter and Greek Jupiter. They're one in the same.

Before anyone throws a hissy fit, the "dy/gy" combination is pronounced like "j" in English "judge." So the Magyar town of Gyula is pronounced "Jew-la" and Dyas-Piter is pronounced Jus-piter. The "a" is like the Sumerian-Dacia-Romanian short "a". Those deities also had the same function.

Quote:
You can probably chalk it up to ignorant people incorrectly transliterating words or not actually understanding the language.

The purpose of transliteration is to approximate the pronunciation of a foreign word in your own language.

The correct English transliteration of the Roman city Iashi is Yash. You're in Suceava and you say Yash to a taximetrist and you're on your way to Iashi.

British maps, and later American maps, and the stupid Jassy. A taximetrist is not gonna understand Jassy.

You also saw it with the 100 Different Names of Ghaddafi.

American Media barely has a 6th Grade intelligence level and didn't understand other countries spell his name different because of transliteration. The "H" is appropriate for English because the "G" does have a guttural sound.

"Koran" is the correct transliteration for English. Some not-too-bright-people think it's cool to use "Qoran." That might actually be correct for French, but I don't speak French and don't care to.

Old 06-15-2023, 11:35 AM

Wow, cb, that was something...thank you ...But why this goofy no 'a' in Brahman anyway.
Brahman is not the Creator...oh.
Thanks Mircea.

Old 06-15-2023, 11:46 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Wow, cb, that was something...thank you ...But why this goofy no 'a' in Brahman anyway.
Brahman is not the Creator...oh.
Thanks Mircea.

Thanks Mircea
Really Miss H?
Brahma is the Deity and we are not talking about deities when talking about the absolute Brhman. Brahma is a proper noun, singular, nominative case.

The goofy' a" is not in Brhman because that is how it is spelled in Sanskrit. Brh mean huge, all pervading bigness. Brhman is accusative case, singular, common noun. If you want to understand Hinduism you would need to put up with the fact that the Vedas are not in English.
Do you demand the French speak in English to you when you visit France? No you don't.

Old 06-15-2023, 11:53 AM

551 posts, read 190,553 times
Quote:
Am I asking too much?

And Thanks.

It's complicated. LOL! Well, not really. Maybe more like very, very abstract? About as abstract as abstract can be!

Here's my way of conceptualizing Brahman, which is wrong right off the bat because anything that can be conceptualized ain't It!

Think of Brahman as the Unified Field, at least as speculated. There was a state transition in the quantum foam resulting in a "Big Bang", and as energy levels moderated fundamental forces and particles manifested. There's still a Unified Field regardless whether it manifests or not and what we call objective reality is but expressions of it, like waves to water.

Waves are nothing but water through and through, however water is not a wave.

In this conceptualization God is but a wave. A big wave (the biggest!) but still a wave and Brahman is Water. Or God is the Universe/Cosmos and Brahman is the Unified Field.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy; 06-15-2023 at 12:39 PM..

Old 06-15-2023, 01:48 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,154,471 times
Never thought I’d ever see a thread title that mixed Hinduism with an early 2000s beer commercial.

Old 06-15-2023, 03:32 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Am I asking too much?

And Thanks.

Nope.

Old 06-15-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Brahma is the Deity and we are not talking about deities when talking about the absolute Brhman. Brahma is a proper noun, singular, nominative case.
I never knew this!! So is it Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva?
NOT Brahman, Vishnu and Shiva? thanksh.

This was quite a clear sentence also, helped:
Quote:
Brhman is the one you must realize as the Only true thing that exists as
pure Existence, Knowledge, Fullnes - SatChitAnanda

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 06-15-2023 at 04:16 PM..

Old 06-15-2023, 04:01 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
Brahmaputra is one of the rivers in India, along with Saraswati, and Ghaghara streams off........ Show that the old story of Abraham, Sara and Hagar were known in India people who are people who knew God to have their names put on Rivers and streams in India
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality