Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 05:39 AM

4 posts, read 5,173 times

Advertisements

I see so many people arguing about God. People killing and being killed because of their beliefs. Families torn apart over young ones in love who don't see color, nationality, religions, money ect. When is humanity going to see that much more is accomplished with love, acceptance, cooperation, and compassion for neighboring countries instead of sending our children over to kill their children and take what we want. Coming to a forum in Religion and Spirituality one would expect those with a certain spiritual maturity to converse there. It seems to me that ANY path that leads one to our Creator is a good path. There should be no judgement. Live and let Live in Peace. Be kind to each other and life will be kinder to you.

Much Love and Light to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2023, 09:55 AM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanvet63 View Post
I see so many people arguing about God. People killing and being killed because of their beliefs. Families torn apart over young ones in love who don't see color, nationality, religions, money ect. When is humanity going to see that much more is accomplished with love, acceptance, cooperation, and compassion for neighboring countries instead of sending our children over to kill their children and take what we want. Coming to a forum in Religion and Spirituality one would expect those with a certain spiritual maturity to converse there. It seems to me that ANY path that leads one to our Creator is a good path. There should be no judgement. Live and let Live in Peace. Be kind to each other and life will be kinder to you.

Your post has a problem with it's purpose, contradicted by a later portion of it.

Can you figure out what it is?

Old 05-16-2023, 10:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanvet63 View Post

Because human beings don't have it in them to be loving and tolerant. Doesn't matter who you are or what you believe, sin has corrupted all of us.

And especially in this forum, the last thing people want is to hear what God has said.

Old 05-16-2023, 11:03 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
OP - That's a nice sentiment, but many here are not in favor or religion or spirituality.

A generic, null of religion approach to peace and unity is more beneficial, and more likely to reach people. Once any sign of God or religion is entered into the discussion, many back off and get ready to grab their ammunition. I sort of can't blame them, due to much of the nonsense and shenanigans of many religious folk these days.

But yeah, striving for positivity, unity, and light is certainly more advantageous than the doom, hate, and darkness that many promote. The healthier ways of belief can be promoted without the prominent labels and tags that tend to get in the way.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 05-16-2023 at 11:14 AM..

Old 05-16-2023, 11:04 AM

551 posts, read 191,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Because human beings don't have it in them to be loving and tolerant. Doesn't matter who you are or what you believe, sin has corrupted all of us.
That's not my observation nor experience.

Old 05-16-2023, 11:33 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
I know, right?

Live and let live.
Christians, Muslims and any other religion or atheists ...leave others alone already...go play golf or
get some ice cream and be happy. Ya don't have to be 'loving', gee whiz...just don't bother others.
I'm with the New Guy.

A path does not lead to the Creator is just fine, too, in my book.

Old 05-16-2023, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy View Post
That's not my observation nor experience.
Oh? When have you observed perfect love and tolerance? Especially around here?

Old 05-16-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Oh? When have you observed perfect love and tolerance? Especially around here?
Perfect love and tolerance? Why make the perfect the enemy of the good? By that standard no one measures up, even if they are 99.99999% of the way there.

Concerning around here there's a whole big world out there and I'm not going to come to any general conclusions about it from what happens here.

Old 05-16-2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy View Post
Perfect love and tolerance? Why make the perfect the enemy of the good? By that standard no one measures up, even if they are 99.99999% of the way there.
Yes. That's correct.
Quote:
Concerning around here there's a whole big world out there and I'm not going to come to any general conclusions about it from what happens here.
My point is that by our nature, we are sinful human beings. We operate from selfish motives. There is no real love and tolerance around here or anywhere. We only tolerate what we agree with.

Old 05-16-2023, 11:49 AM

Quote:
My point is that by our nature, we are sinful human beings. We operate from selfish motives. There is no real love and tolerance around here or anywhere. We only tolerate what we agree with.
If that's what you think that's what you will find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality