Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 02:34 PM

551 posts, read 190,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Wait that link is the Complete Works? Gulp.
Just opened it...Bye, won't be seein' me for awhile !! lol
Yup, and I found it after I bought "Vivekananda: The Yogas and Other Works". It doesn't have all the material contained in Complete Works, however it's a nice hardcover edition and does have all of the core topics (Four Yogas) plus Chicago Addresses, Inspired Talks, Miscellaneous Lectures, Poems and Letters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2023, 05:14 AM

551 posts, read 190,091 times
Pretty much renunciation (of ego!). Ego - Ahamkara - is the I-maker or appropriating function of mind in the Samkhya psychological model, and that model is used by most (all?) of Hinduism. It's the first thought (I am) from which all delusions arise. Ahamkara says "I am conscious" when the reality is "I Am Consciousness Itself". Ahamkara appropriates That as its own. Localizes the non-local perceptually speaking.

I am not JASG the doer. I am the Witness of the doings of JASG. Am I tasting the Sugar or am I the Sugar or both?

Old 05-16-2023, 11:28 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Interesting when you google:

Do Hindus believe we are God?

A Hindu views the entire universe as God's and everything in the universe as God.
Hindus believe that each person is intrinsically divine and the purpose of life is to seek
and realize the divinity within all of us.

Old 05-16-2023, 03:20 PM

15,943 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:

A Hindu views the entire universe as God's and everything in the universe as God.
Hindus believe that each person is intrinsically divine and the purpose of life is to seek
I would say Hindus believe we are existence, knowledge, abundance. That instead we see ourselves as body and mind and suffer the world is due to our delusional thinking caused by ignorance of our true nature. This ignorance has no beginning and ends with knowledge.

Old 03-17-2024, 11:29 AM

3,104 posts, read 1,000,279 times
"Though God has everything, we can still say that He has some desire: He wants to see who will remain unintimidated by this picture, and who will play his part well and come back to Him. You can't run away from this universe, but if you act in this play with your thought fixed on God, you will be free." - Paramahansa Yogananda (in 1946, in San Diego)

OMG, what a quote. Always fixed on God and staying unintimidated, always to remain unintimidated...Not easy, God...not easy.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:38 PM

Those elements that constitute the individual body are the very elements the entire universe is constituted of.
Contemplate on that!
~~Shankara Acharya

Old 04-13-2024, 05:20 PM

22,141 posts, read 19,198,797 times
"The idea of time is only in your mind. It is not in the Self. There is no time for the Self. Time arises as an idea after the ego arises. But you are the Self beyond time and space; you exist even in the absence of time and space."

Ramana Maharshi

Time is an intellectual conception. Self is beyond that.

Old 04-13-2024, 07:14 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

Miss H., you understand the essence better than CB or Tzaph or any of the other posters on Hinduism, IMO. They seem to believe in a dead, constant, and static Divinity, NOT a living one. Life (whether eternal or not) requires growth and time that is why our Reality is established in "quantum time," NOT our measured and experienced time. We are in a permanent "Sting." We are "reproducing" Divinity. Our JOB is to "actualize" its Holy Spirit in our burgeoning human Spirit.

Old 04-13-2024, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
M. Life (whether eternal or not) requires growth and time that is why our Reality is established in "quantum time," NOT our measured and experienced time. We are in a permanent "Sting." We are "reproducing" Divinity. Our JOB is to "actualize" its Holy Spirit in our burgeoning human Spirit.
Dear Mystic, it is Existence, the only Reality. Pure, self-illumined, partless, formless, unlimited. Our JOB is only to understand and realize the truth of I am That.. Miss. H got it well and clear. And you will too, I am sure of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality