Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 04:42 AM

9,693 posts, read 10,032,275 times

Advertisements

Many people in the past come to Christianity forum to show their fallen ideas of not believing in the existence of God, Jesus to challenge people to believe their ideas, so it became an attack on the members and rules came.......... So when people in atheism and the fallen churches who reject God and His truth of who He is they reject God .................. Even Jesus said to His followers``He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and He who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me `` Luke 10:16

Old 03-12-2023, 06:24 AM

16,705 posts, read 15,701,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Many people in the past come to Christianity forum to show their fallen ideas of not believing in the existence of God, Jesus to challenge people to believe their ideas, so it became an attack on the members and rules came.......... So when people in atheism and the fallen churches who reject God and His truth of who He is they reject God .................. Even Jesus said to His followers``He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and He who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me `` Luke 10:16

That's utterly ridiculous and completely untrue. People do not come to the Christianity forum to argue against believing in God. We don't allow that.

The existence and divinity of God and Jesus are axiomatic to Christianity, and are therefore not to be argued in this forum.

There was certainly nothing against the rules for a person to start a thread here to complain about a Christianity forum on the Internet. However, this thread has changed into an attack on Christianity in ways that come close to violating the Christianity forum rules.

Therefore, this thread is being moved to the main Religion and Spirituality forum where discussing the validity of religions is on topic.

New members are cautioned to remember the first sentence of the Terms Of Service. "This forum is strictly moderated." Read the Terms Of Service and the rules posted at the top of any forums in which you may choose to participate. Rules for the Religion and Spirituality forums apply to all of the sub-forums, although several of those also have specific rules too.

Old 03-12-2023, 10:12 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,095,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer324 View Post
Why do they run from simply having their faith or precepts challenged? I thought they were able to support their theology.

Some of you are also on the www.christianityboard.com site.

After several days of engaging them, presenting evidence from the OT itself showing that Jesus was not the Messiah - I got a notice saying "You are BANNED, heretic!" Yes, I'm paraphrasing.

Why was I banned without even a warning?

"Rule Violation!"

What rule did I violate? I can't even ask them because.... I am BANNED!

So much for them having confidence in their apologetics. Cowards.
I thought believing or not believing, in a religious faith is a personal choice.
Don’t the Atheists agree with it?

If you reject a certain faith - then good for you - move on with your life and live happily as an Atheist or whatever.

What was your intention in making an attempt to provide YOUR evidence that Jesus was not a messiah?
Were you volunteering to show them light of Atheism?

Old 03-12-2023, 10:37 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,944,262 times
Quote:
Why do they run from simply having their faith or precepts challenged? I thought they were able to support their theology.

After several days of engaging them, presenting evidence from the OT itself showing that Jesus was not the Messiah - I got a notice saying "You are BANNED, heretic!" Yes, I'm paraphrasing.

"Rule Violation!"

There's a simple answer to your question:

The Internet is opening up a whole universe of evidence that everything the early Christian leaders formulated into their fledgling religion was and is fraudulent. In a nutshell, in order to separate themselves from the other religions out there, church leaders had to start making specific claims about their religion that were different from anything else the dumb pagans were hearing. For example, "How do you get a pagan to join your religion? Answer: tell them that their religion's man god promised that he would give them anything they prayed for in Jesus' name."

And voila! Suddenly showing up in all for gospels is this:

"If you ask the father for ANYTHING in my name he will grant it".

What dumb pagan could resist an offer like that? And so they joined Christianity in the expectations that Christianity would solve all their problems.

Let's skip over the fact the Internet will reveal that there is no historical evidence for the gospels Jesus having ever existed. There are dozens of books written by Biblical scholars out there that demonstrate voluminously that this fact is true.

Christians absolutely don't want to hear the emerging evidence that Christianity has been a sham for 2000 years. Their identities are so intertwined with Jesus that he has become like a fifth limb and third brain hemisphere for them. Excising that limb or hemisphere would be tantamount to mental and psychological death for them. So they put on blinders and refuse to accept reality that nothing about Christianity purveys the truth. Want proof?

Mike Way, what's your opinion of this medical FACT?

"Religion lights up the 'same brain area as DRUGS and SEX

FEELING God's spirit lights up the same areas of the brain as the more earthly desires of drugs, music, gambling and sex, scientists have revealed."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/73...s-sex-research

Bear in mind, readers that there is no question about this. It is a proven medical fact--that when a person communes with Jesus the resultant feelings of euphoria that they attribute to being filled with the Holy Spirit are in reality just endorphins and dopamine that are flooding their body and the EXACT same feelings can be created by having sex, taking cocaine, listening to trippy music and other stimulants.

So what's your opinion, Mike? Fact or baloney?

(watch him say baloney--and that will prove my point--Christians cannot accept the FACT that their Holy Spirit experience is a pure chemical reaction.

Old 03-12-2023, 10:58 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,559,782 times
Quote:

So, you go around challenging people on their beliefs, and then get insulting when they want you to go away? Really? That doesn't signify a weakness in their faith. Perhaps impatience in dealing with a bully, but can you blame them?

Old 03-12-2023, 11:13 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,944,262 times

Last edited by thrillobyte; 03-12-2023 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: out of place because of change in forums

Old 03-12-2023, 11:15 AM

91 posts, read 24,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The Jews misunderstood the prophecies concerning the Messiah as do you. But Jesus did show himself to be the Messiah. You are free to reject that as you obviously do. But the Gospel writers did not lie and neither did the apostle Paul who being a Jewish Pharisee had nothing to gain by giving up the life he had as a Pharisee to proclaim Jesus. Paul had it made as a Pharisee, yet gave it up for a very hard life in which he suffered much and was finally martyred.

And 350,000 Messianic Jews is a lot of Jews regardless of their percentage of total Jews.

Further, it is not a proven fact that no virgin birth was prophesied. Messianic Jewish scholars Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Michael Brown, and Michael Rydelnik have all given good arguments that Isaiah 7:14 has both a near term and a long term aspect to it which I won't go into here.

Your arguments are nothing new and are tiresome. Believe what you will but don't think that you can impress me with your arguments.

You should have posted this thread on the Religion forum where it is permitted.
The Jews misunderstood the prophesies..... that they wrote. OK.

Isaiah 7:14 is the perfect example that shows the gospel authors were either lying or ignorant, as it fails on so many levels.

1 - It's not Messianic. Regardless of the minority opinion of disaffected Jews for Jesus, the vast majority of Jewish scholars agree that a virgin birth was never an attribute of the Messiah.

2- There is no virgin even mentioned in the story. If Isaiah had meant to describe a virgin, he would have used the Hebrew word for virgin - bethulah - the same way he and others used it over and over again. Instead, he used the word almah, which does not mean a virgin. Further, his use of ha-almah indicates he was speaking about a specific almah. Which almah? By the tense of the verse "...the almah is with child..." He is plainly talking about a young woman present at the time, not some future event.

3- As the prophesy it really was - that before the child that was already in utero in the present, reached the age of understanding, this god would vanquish the enemies of King Ahaz - it utterly failed. Ahaz got his butt kicked.

So when the gospel authors decided to ignore the Messianic attributes provided by the Jews and add this one, they screwed up badly. I can understand why hearing a truth that contradicts what you were taught as a child would become tiresome. You have my sympathy.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:20 AM

50,899 posts, read 24,404,506 times
Quote:

"Rule Violation!"

It sounds as if it's a praise forum. Their forum, their rules.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:22 AM

50,899 posts, read 24,404,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
So, you go around challenging people on their beliefs, and then get insulting when they want you to go away? Really? That doesn't signify a weakness in their faith. Perhaps impatience in dealing with a bully, but can you blame them?
Of course that does work the other way around, as well.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:33 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,797,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That's not true. In R&S Christians are just as free to say atheism is a lie as atheists are to say Christianity is a lie. The trick is to be able to prove with facts your claim is true as I have done countless times in here.
*Whispers to Thrill* This thread was originally started in the Christianity forum...and moved to the R&S forum....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality