Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 05:04 AM

3,107 posts, read 1,000,279 times

Advertisements

Thank you, it's a wonderful answer, Shirina. Very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 05:18 AM

492 posts, read 143,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
All this has been on my mind. And I think ... on other people's minds, people that I know or even strangers. I can hear their conversations, read it in e-mails etc. These people want to more clearly define their purpose.

The questions are:

What are your values?

What do you hold dear?

What are your vital priorities?

How can you use these priorities to design a more meaningful life? A more happy and fulfilling life.

Thanks.
here are my answers

1. to strive to live a righteous , holy, loving life, as a person, a child of God

2.to know God

3. to know God even more

4. Read the bible, whole book , cover to cover

Old 04-04-2023, 07:55 AM

19,013 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Quote:
All this has been on my mind. And I think ... on other people's minds, people that I know or even strangers. I can hear their conversations, read it in e-mails etc. These people want to more clearly define their purpose.

The questions are:

What are your values?

What do you hold dear?

How can you use these priorities to design a more meaningful life? A more happy and fulfilling life.

Thanks.

Very interesting concept. So, you believe, that YOU can design (and control) your life?

"Do you think, it's air you breathing? Hmm" Morpheus, Matrix 1.

Old 04-04-2023, 06:32 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,455,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
... And while the police won't be kicking down my door and arresting me for being single and childless, society has its own ways of punishing non-conformity.
In my observation, society is a lot harder on unmarried / childless women than on men. There's less of an assumption that something is "wrong" with single men, unless they are especially nerdy or slovenly, and maybe not even then. It's not fair, but it's reality.

Old 04-04-2023, 06:41 PM

3,107 posts, read 1,000,279 times
So, you believe, that YOU can design (and control) your life?

Yes. I'm not a puppet, I can always improve.

Old 04-08-2023, 06:07 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,644,982 times
Quote:

The questions are:

What are your values?

What do you hold dear?

Thanks.
My values are/is integrity in decision making.

I hold people dear. The most important thing is what you do for others.

My priorities are evidence and critical thinking. Making informed decisions and overcoming long held beliefs that were wrong.

All three lead to a happier, meaningful, and a more fulfilling life.

Old 04-08-2023, 04:45 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,455,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
My values are/is integrity in decision making.

I hold people dear. The most important thing is what you do for others.

My priorities are evidence and critical thinking. Making informed decisions and overcoming long held beliefs that were wrong.

All three lead to a happier, meaningful, and a more fulfilling life.
That's a pretty succinct philosophy that is a fair representation of my own thinking.

Integrity is a big deal and a lost value in large measure today.

Old 04-09-2023, 05:21 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,157,568 times
Yes, good post, Thinkalot.

Coherence, creativity, kindness, and time are important to me. So it is a mix of doing for others and for myself. My personality had always been to jump up and do what was asked - maintaining a policy of appeasement. Yet, many people in my life had "red tape" to even access their company. Because of a few people, I learned to start respecting myself and that led to those values. It would take a book to explain how I got here and I would need a ghostwriter to make it interesting.

But because time is short, my journey here is no longer a priority to hold on to. Instead, it is important to bring those things to the table every day for myself and others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality