Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 06:19 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,062,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evenstar View Post
You need to be more concerned on becoming spiritually well grounded by always working on who YOU really are, and what YOU really want out of life.
I've been doing that.
Thanks for your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2023, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
My spiritual priorities are to receive as much Divine Love in my soul as I can while I'm still amongst the living on earth. My other priorities are my forever home, a wonderful job and traveling to various places - my blessings.

P.S. It's nice to see another SoCal poster on this forum.
Thanks for answering.

Old 02-12-2023, 06:39 AM

1,765 posts, read 769,530 times
Realizing that life is magical...it is rare and vulnerable in this universe. Therefore we should seek to do the best with our own life and help the lives of others.

Old 02-12-2023, 07:26 AM

12 posts, read 41,123 times
I aim to follow universal and eternal truths, not the ever-changing rules made by people under the impulses of the "wisdom" of the day. That would be the ten commandments and the yama-niyama.

Without being a church-going individual, I strive to live my file according to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength". I'm also experimenting with "Love your neighbor as yourself" I try to remember it in grocery stores, in traffic (even when someone cuts me off, or especially then), anywhere and everywhere. (This doesn't mean that I don't punch people in the face when I do my boxing sessions. I do it.. with love ) The other goal for me is to follow "For those who see Me everywhere and see all things in Me, I am never lost, nor are they ever lost to Me".

Everything else flows from those.

Old 02-12-2023, 02:09 PM

- What are your values?
As others mentioned before, on this subject, my values are: having a moral compass guided by The Ten Commandments, pure love for others, loyalty, compassion, contentment. Striving for all these constantly. And it's not easy, I can admit that it is not. Especially for me, as a person born and raised in Communism.

- What do you hold dear?
Loyalty, love, faith, honesty, friendship, moral laws of conduits, service/help, Mather Nature, stillness, equilibrium etc.

- What are your vital priorities?
Daily meditation, protecting freedom, strengthening relationships, better health, a more simple life (contentment with what I really need not what I want), self improvement (introspection), keeping a balanced mind etc.

- How can you use these priorities to design a more meaningful life? A more happy and fulfilling life.
Using self improvement methods, like introspection. Other examples: meditation/contemplation (going within), self study, letting go and surrender, spending more time in nature, bettering myself so I can help others and be of service, simplifying.

Old 02-12-2023, 02:31 PM

22,703 posts, read 19,375,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
The questions are:
What are your values?
What do you hold dear?
What are your vital priorities?
How can you use these priorities to design a more meaningful life? A more happy and fulfilling life.
What are your values?
awareness

What do you hold dear?
awareness of what is real

awareness of what is real and what is not

How can you use these priorities to design a more meaningful life? A more happy and fulfilling life.
having awareness of what is real and what is not, means not chasing spinning out or being dragged about by drama, thoughts, feelings, emotions, memories, anxiety, worry, stress, or any situation events circumstance.

when you know what is real, you can't help but let go of what is not

Old 02-12-2023, 02:47 PM

50,459 posts, read 64,317,889 times
What are your values? Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

What do you hold dear? Health and loved ones.

What are your vital priorities? Have empathy and be kind.

How can you use these priorities to design a more meaningful life? A more happy and fulfilling life?
Always try to do the right thing.
Try not to owe anyone, and if you do, pay your debts on time.
Try not to lie or steal.
Don’t take more than you need.
Clean up after yourself.
Always wash your hands after you go…

Old 02-12-2023, 02:55 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,944,145 times
Quote:
All this has been on my mind. And I think ... on other people's minds, people that I know or even strangers. I can hear their conversations, read it in e-mails etc. These people want to more clearly define their purpose.

The questions are:

What are your values?

What do you hold dear?

Thanks.
Well, my earthly joy was taken from me when our Heavenly Father called my husband home to be with Him in everlasting glory. My values are to have Jesus at the center of my life and to honor and glorify Him in all that I do. I value reading His word and attending the worship service. I also value the things He has yet blessed my life with like employment, friends, my mom and dad, my health, being able to go on vacations, and leisurely things like reading books, doing jigsaw puzzles and hiking.

I hold my faith dear. And my job too it seems as I would be devastated if I lost that.

My first priority is my relationship with my God Jesus. My second priority since I don't have an immediate family is my job, and my parents are after that.

Serving God is the only purpose I have in life. Life would be pointless to me without God. Since my husband tragically died suddenly and unexpectedly my life has no meaning outside of Jesus and I would not want to be here. It has just been too painful for me.

Jesus gives me hope that without which I would not be here. I am content in life, but I am not happy. Maybe one day our Heavenly Father will draw me ever so close to Him so that I will have happiness in Christ alone. But as of yet, I find that I am too spiritually dull to feel that way.

Old 02-12-2023, 03:18 PM

Thank you all for your comments.

Old 02-12-2023, 04:21 PM

22,703 posts, read 19,375,059 times
Quote:
Thank you all for your comments.
it's a good topic and good thread, farm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality