Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 09:42 PM

427 posts, read 129,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
On the other hand, practice makes perfect.

Practice doing what?

Old 01-22-2023, 12:44 PM

28,136 posts, read 30,066,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have ZERO respect for those mere humans who believe that God needs them to enforce His laws and administer human punishments for them!!! What hubris and self-righteousness!! God has no need of your enforcement nor is He likely to treat you kindly for having engaged in it!! We have no authority to enforce God's laws on anyone but OURSELVES, period!!!
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
This " wrong doer" has One perfect Judge.
And it ain't anyone on this forum
And Amen.

Old 01-26-2023, 11:35 AM

29,566 posts, read 9,784,168 times
Why, I wonder, does someone get away with a moniker like truth teller!?!

I mean, considering what accusations of hubris, arrogance and all manner of evil things I've seen lodged against people who use that word, truth, truths, I'm surprised truth teller has not been similarly branded and seriously admonished for the AUDACITY to use such a moniker as well. Never mind all the rest! Never mind the topic of the thread. There it is again!

Where's the rope and the tallest tree?!?

Old 01-26-2023, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I have ZERO respect for those mere humans who believe that God needs them to enforce His laws and administer human punishments for them!!! What hubris and self-righteousness!! God has no need of your enforcement nor is He likely to treat you kindly for having engaged in it!! We have no authority to enforce God's laws on anyone but OURSELVES, period!!!
I don't have much more respect for anyone who wants to suggest they know the first thing about what such a thing is, is not, or better than the next person who wants to claim knowledge or insight about such a thing. Hardly different than complaining about a dog barking, as if one dog's bark is all that different from the next all considered. Listen to all of them and for long enough, and they all end up sounding like the same thing...

Old 01-26-2023, 12:44 PM

63,989 posts, read 40,270,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I don't have much more respect for anyone who wants to suggest they know the first thing about what such a thing is, is not, or better than the next person who wants to claim knowledge or insight about such a thing. Hardly different than complaining about a dog barking, as if one dog's bark is all that different from the next all considered. Listen to all of them and for long enough, and they all end up sounding like the same thing...
"Knowing" that emanates from experience is somewhat different than knowing from other means. Your seeming inability to make such discriminations has been noted. Nuance is not part of everyone's perceptions.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
"Knowing" that emanates from experience is somewhat different than knowing from other means. Your seeming inability to make such discriminations has been noted. Nuance is not part of everyone's perceptions.
I put all the claims of knowing in the same sort of collection. Heard one heard them all...

But of course all such claims of knowing are to be believed by everyone else. That too is pretty much the "dime a dozen" sort of thinking that makes one hardly distinguishable from the next, and not all that different from those who also know what they do from other means. Everyone knows what they know in any case. No matter the similarities or differences. A "free for all" of knowing that rises above the sort of scrutiny those not so "knowing" are not so quick to accept as truth without something more and a little better than mere say so.

That's all...

Old 01-29-2023, 06:37 PM

2,787 posts, read 2,696,700 times
In God we believe

people who are not believers, God will put them in Hell for ever even if they are good
and people who are believers in some true messengers of Allah and do not believe in one true Messenger of Allah
God will put them in Hell

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad,
he who amongst the community of jews or Christians hears about me,
but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent
and dies in this state (of disbelief), he shall be but one of the denizens of Hell-Fire

Old 02-01-2023, 07:22 AM

In God we think positively

No one of you should die except thinking positively of Allah

Allah says
I am as My slave thinks I am.
If he thinks well of Me, then that is what he will get,
and if he thinks ill of Me, then that is what he will get

Old 02-04-2023, 09:59 PM

In God we believe that every matter in this life , has a law for it in the final Holy Book and/or
in the saying [Hadith] of the final Messenger of Allah
Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)
And We have sent down to you the Book (the Qur'an) as an exposition of everything,
a guidance, a mercy, and glad tidings for those who have submitted themselves (to Allah as Muslims).

Old 02-05-2023, 06:22 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,003,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
In God we believe people who are not believers, God will put them in Hell for ever even if they are good and people who are believers in some true messengers of Allah and do not believe in one true Messenger of Allah
God will put them in Hell The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad,he who amongst the community of jews or Christians hears about me,but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sentand dies in this state (of disbelief), he shall be but one of the denizens of Hell-Fire.
Jesus was a believer and righteous Jesus on the day he died went to hell - Acts 2:27
Not to some religious-myth hell, but to biblical hell the common stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead - Ecclesiastes 9:5
KJV translated the word Gehenna into English a hell fire and that wrongly put flames in the grave.
'Sleeping in death' is as Jesus and the OT teach at Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18 besides John 11:11-14.
Biblical hell is the temporary grave til Resurrection Day - John 6:40,44 - meaning Jesus' coming one-thousand year day when the resurrected out-of-hell/grave Jesus will governing over Earth. - Rev. 1:18
Then, even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality