Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 05:58 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
THanks Michael

It does not shake my beliefs at all, in fact, I think it is exciting. Humans need to have mysteries, it motivates us to explore.

If the OP was referencing in some way the Bible, and we do have a few people here who are into Sola Scriptura, then let me point out first that ghosts are in fact referenced in the Bible. In fact, from an anthropological perspective, animism and spirit worship likely predated written history . There are a few old testament references (rules?) forbidding the contacting of spirits or those who contact the dead. As such, there had to be a belief in ghosts, lest there would be no shamans or other charlatans (Deuteronomy 18:10-11 )
I seem to recall a story in the New Testament whereby a Risen Jesus appeared to his followers, who thought that they were seeing a Ghost...Luke 24:39, as well as thinking that a Ghost was walking on water at one time (turned out, according to the story, to be Jesus) SO belief in Ghosts has been around since pre-Biblical times.
What we do not have, and have never had, is scientific demonstrable proof of ghosts, but we have accounts such as Michael's now and this goes way way back to as long as humans have been around.

Now in regard to Aliens, and again, this is answering if someone asks why God did not reveal Aliens in the Bible, we must remember that the writers of the Bible practiced a very Earth-Centric belief. Earth, according to the thoughts and ideas of many cultures, was the center of the Universe, and was all that was. (Some people still believe this) It was not until scientific advancements and mathematical knowledge (thank the Arabs for Algebra) let Galileo to demonstrate that the Earth Rotates around the Sun, and unknown to people in ancient times, the Sun is in fact a star. Now Astrologers noted that some stars had specific patterns, and they were called wanderers. Astrologers labeled them later as planets, but knowledge that they were anything like what we know now did not exist. So the idea of other life on one of those planets or around the stars did not exist at the time because Biblical writers focused, as many people did, ONLY in what was happening in their immediate world. Some of these people never traveled more than a mile or two from where they were born anyway.

As for Aliens on other planets, we have zero information one way or the other .

\
But a good description of a mathematical theory in 1961 can be seen here, and in the 51 years since, we can say now that we understand that almost all stars have a solar system, and with the Billions of stars in the galaxy, many could have feasibly sprouted life.

SO the reason the Bible mentions no aliens was simply because no such concept would have existed in the culture of the time, being that the widespread belief and accepted fact of the time was that the earth was a unique creation of God and the Center of the Universe, if not the WHOLE universe.

Now I have to throw in The Sasquatch and Mermaids briefly.. They have revealed themselves only to a select few, not enough that we can prove one way or another that they exist and certainly in no way to study them. Same situation with ghosts and Aliens, perhaps someday though our technology and scientific breakthroughs might show that in fact Aliens are all around and so are ghosts. but until then, we as humans will have to be entertained but remember that the Yeti and the Mermaid are fictional beings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
thanks for this great post! I enjoyed reading it. To think in just the observable universe there are 100's of billions of galaxies (our own very average galaxy has several hundred billion stars). Even if there would be on average only one intelligent species per galaxy in just the observable universe, that would mean there are still hundreds of billions of intelligent civilizations. Who knows how many in the possible infinity of the cosmos.

Big problem though - if there aren't that many intelligent civilizations in any given galaxy, they are so incredibly far away that its quite possible we have a universe teeming with intelligent life as a whole, but the distances too far and great that the vast majority of them will never know another. What a downer lol but I guess each of them would feel special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2022, 12:43 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post
Why didn't God share knowledge of Ghosts and Aliens ????

Ghosts and Aliens are a phenomena that constantly show up in History and even present day (read your history books).

The mere presence or idea of an Alien being shakes ones 'Beliefs to the core' ----
  1. Is my Religion Real or Fake?
  2. If my Religion is Real, why didn't 'MY GOD' tell me about these Aliens----did he think i would never hear of them?
  3. Was there a reason he kept me in the dark about Ghosts / Aliens ?
  4. IF so, why didn't God have one of his apostles or Writers speak of them in the Torah or Bible?
I have come up with 4 possible answers to this conundrum;
  • God is a Hoax and the Bible is the Play-book of Charlatans
  • God didn't think we would ever 'think to ask' about Ghosts or Aliens (she thought we were dumb)
  • Ghosts and Aliens don't exist... they are another Scam.
  • Ghosts and Aliens are really 'Satan's Devils'----looking to deceive more 'Dumb Humans' into another explanation (other than Jesus and Saints).
Any other ideas on 'Why God didn't share knowledge of Ghosts or Aliens?'

Thoughts / Comments ?

God didn’t tell you how to make Pizza either - or how to drive a car or how to travel to the moon either.

This is not how the theology of God and religion work.
Seeking knowledge is derived from our imbed human curiosity. God has then given us intelligence, a large spectrum of various talents, and resources to seek knowledge.

However the intelligence, talents and resources given to us are limited, and hence the knowledge we can get is also limited - WE WILL NEVER KNOW EVERYTHING - but that also doesn’t mean we should stop striving to seek more n more knowledge.
Look at yourself for example - you are curious about Ghosts and Aliens - that’s a start. You are free to use your intelligence and resources to try to perform research and gain more knowledge about it. May be you will not find your answer but the next generation may take it from where you left - and so on, till we find some answers.

But there is another, and more important, layer above that - and that is, God has given us sufficient guidance (limited yet enough “knowledge”) on how to live our lives?

Morality has been defined, do’s and donts have been identified, and boundaries have been set by God - its now up to us as to how do we want to live our day to day lives under the light of this guidance and knowledge. And how do we act in our day to day businesses, and at work places and when we interact with others, and how do we treat animals and nature etc. THIS is the primary reason of having God in your life. It’s not about Aliens n Ghosts and making pizza and flying spaceships

By the way

Please do read Quran Chapter 72. It talks about Ghosts (Jinn).
Also read the story of King Solomon in Quran chapter 27 that briefly talks about Jinns and the kinda powers some of them have.

IMO, there is no such thing as those bug eyed green little “Aliens”.
The unexplainable phenomenon that we occasionally see in space, are Jinns (Ghosts).

Read up on Marfa Lights and watch the videos - I think these are also Jinns/Ghosts.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 12-22-2022 at 12:59 AM..

Old 12-22-2022, 02:18 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,131,933 times
I would ask the question another way - if in fact god exists, why haven't the ghosts told us about meeting him? While I am not 100% convinced that ghosts exist and can speak to us with EVPs and "ghost boxes", I have personally seen far more evidence of their existence than for god.

Old 12-22-2022, 03:05 PM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The idea of the existence of life on other planets, even intelligent beings, doesn't shake my beliefs. In the vastness of this universe there almost certainly is intelligent life elsewhere.

As for ghosts, all I can say is that my brother and I once got on an elevator just a second or two after another man got on, and when we got on, he wasn't there. So . . .

Okay, KingCat. You're up.
Good one!

After my mother had been in the spirit world for a few years - one night while I was sleeping around 5:00 a.m., I heard her call my name. She actually called me by my nickname, which is the name only my family uses. Her voice sounded exactly the same as it did here.

I'm not a Bible reader, but didn't Jesus' spirit body come back here after he passed over? I don't know about you MW, but I have felt his awesome presence at least three times.

Years ago, I was hounded by an evil spirit, who kept yakking in my ear. I finally yelled at him to "scram!" He did and I haven't ever been bothered again.

P.S. From my spiritual studies, I have read that after we pass over - or as I like to call it "move" - to the next world as spirits - some spirits hang around here and don't realize they should "move" already.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:03 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Good one!

After my mother had been in the spirit world for a few years - one night while I was sleeping around 5:00 a.m., I heard her call my name. She actually called me by my nickname, which is the name only my family uses. Her voice sounded exactly the same as it did here.

I'm not a Bible reader, but didn't Jesus' spirit body come back here after he passed over? I don't know about you MW, but I have felt his awesome presence at least three times.
According to the Gospel accounts, Jesus was physically and bodily resurrected. His body was raised from the grave in a glorified state never to die again.

Quote:
Years ago, I was hounded by an evil spirit, who kept yakking in my ear. I finally yelled at him to "scram!" He did and I haven't ever been bothered again.

P.S. From my spiritual studies, I have read that after we pass over - or as I like to call it "move" - to the next world as spirits - some spirits hang around here and don't realize they should "move" already.
Well . . .there's more to the world than we know. I stole that line from Ben Hur's mother, the one with Charlton Heston. But it's true.

Old 12-22-2022, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
According to the Gospel accounts, Jesus was physically and bodily resurrected. His body was raised from the grave in a glorified state never to die again.

Well . . .there's more to the world than we know. I stole that line from Ben Hur's mother, the one with Charlton Heston. But it's true.
From what I’ve learned, Jesus didn’t get his physical body back. Rather, he had the knowledge to make it disintegrate and disappear before he moved to the next world. When he returned and appeared to his disciples, he used his spiritual powers to cause his spirit body to manifest as a human body. He was, indeed, a ghost and, that’s right, he will never die again.

Old 12-22-2022, 11:57 PM

720 posts, read 705,357 times
So many who never study scripture ancient writings or history come up with so many questions that are already answered if just a little research was done. Instead they blame everything but themselves for their own ignorance. So called "Ghost'' are identified and discussed several times in scripture. Aliens are addressed in Old and New Testaments as well as a very concise explanation in the Book of Enoch. All it takes is to step outside all these mixed-up manmade traditions that are worthless. Many go faithfully to Church and Bible study for decades and don't learn a damn thing.

Old 12-23-2022, 12:01 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I would ask the question another way - if in fact god exists, why haven't the ghosts told us about meeting him? While I am not 100% convinced that ghosts exist and can speak to us with EVPs and "ghost boxes", I have personally seen far more evidence of their existence than for god.
So “ghosts telling you about God’s existence” will be an EVIDENCE to you?

Old 12-23-2022, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Several ghosts wrote about God here: God, The Heavenly Father

Just thinking a reason why you may not see evidence of the existence of God is that many of His children have gone off the deep end! So trying to find God out there... may seem impossible. From my experience, God is always near me when I call. It's when we, individually, bring God into our lives do we "see" Him and feel the presence of His Love.

Old 12-23-2022, 05:35 AM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
So many who never study scripture ancient writings or history come up with so many questions that are already answered if just a little research was done. Instead they blame everything but themselves for their own ignorance. So called "Ghost'' are identified and discussed several times in scripture. Aliens are addressed in Old and New Testaments as well as a very concise explanation in the Book of Enoch. All it takes is to step outside all these mixed-up manmade traditions that are worthless. Many go faithfully to Church and Bible study for decades and don't learn a damn thing.
Which says a lot about the value of church and bible study (particularly if many are going faithfully).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality