Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 05:10 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Spelling is indeed very important to me, although poor spelling on a message board is usually not worth mentioning. Many people are not good spellers by nature, as I am. Don't ask me about algebra.

Honestly, I would have just corrected it, but your melodramatic first sentence made it irresistible to respond the way I did.

What message? Another yawn-inducing warning that America is headed the way of two famous doomed cities in a Bible story? Sometimes it's the Roman Empire, but I am 64, and I've been hearing these dire predictions since I was a child.

There's always someone seeing an "onslaught of evil".
I don't overly worry about spelling on internet forums, unless, of course, they are misspelling principle versus principal. I do think a lot of misspelling here is due to autocorrect or clumsy texting.

What I bolded...fer shure! But I got you beat by 9 years!

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-24-2022 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: My typo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 05:26 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I do think a lot of misspelling here is due to autocorrect or clumsy texting.
At least one poster here over-relies on voice dictation, but for all I know they have physical limitations for using the keyboard.

On MacOS of late, I find auto-correct to be overbearing and causing constant problems so I am experimenting with leaving it turned off. It doesn't just correct mis-spellings but transforms intended words into similar but different ones.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:00 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
At least one poster here over-relies on voice dictation, but for all I know they have physical limitations for using the keyboard.

On MacOS of late, I find auto-correct to be overbearing and causing constant problems so I am experimenting with leaving it turned off. It doesn't just correct mis-spellings but transforms intended words into similar but different ones.
On a hobby forum I'm no, the carnival glass bon bon dish I posted became a bob bob.

Old 10-30-2022, 02:06 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Do you think sin was worse then than it is now? Estimated population of 600-1200 in Sodom and God decides to flatten it. Estimated population today of 8 billion worldwide--I can assure you that more than 1200 people are committing some of the most vile and atrociously filthy "sins" imaginable and God just sits on his hands and does nothing to them.

Fairytales. There are some sites near the Dead Sea that look to have been destroyed like Pompeii. Did Pompeii come under the wrath of God? Or was this just another natural event that occurred to a town that had the great misfortune of being in the wrong place and the wrong time?

Natural events dressed up as mythology by Bronze Age goat herders sitting around a campfire telling tall tales.
Well those goat herders had the ability to predict everything that would happen to the nation of Israel with amazing accuracy. I don't think we've reach Sodom and Gommarah levels just yet. Gang rape and murder would have to be every day common activities to get that bad. We're heading in that direction though.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:39 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
How's that title just grab you my fellow Americans. Sodom, Gommorah and America. I just can not help wondering when the dust does eventually settle what folks will say. Will America survive this onslaught of evil.

Will America be lumped with Sodom and Gommorah. There were actually several other cities that were destroyed too.

What do you my American fellows think? Has kind of a rhyme to it, Sodom, Gommorah and America, don't you think?
I am an American, and honestly, I don't think much about what you said at all. It's ridiculous. Are you saying America is so evil that it will be destroyed like Sodom and Gommorah in the bible? For one, the bible is so inconsistent and contradicts itself over and over again and I do not believe it is any holier than my 1981 REO t-shirt.

For another, you seem to be reveling in the idea that America should be destroyed. Does evil exist? Sure. But that has nothing to do with a bible or a god, it just is. Thoughts like yours ARE verging on evil, to me.

Your moniker is a good indication of what you think.

Last edited by Northsouth; 10-31-2022 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: Edit to add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality