Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 02:42 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Atheism is a valid form of belief in Hinduism.

Buddhism is often described as non-theistic, since Buddhist authorities and canonical texts do not affirm, and sometimes deny, the following:

The existence of a creation, and therefore of a creator deity

That a god (deva), gods, or other divine beings are the source of moral imperatives. Instead, the Dharma is an attribution of the universe

That human beings or other creatures are responsible to a god or gods for their actions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism_and_religion

File under what joins us in some ways rather than separates us. Also a note to those who like to insist comments about atheism or by atheists have no place in this forum...

I am not quite sure I understand the last comment, be that as it may ...
Atheism in Hinduism is not a belief but is a school of philosophy by the Charavakas - materialists. It is part of the system and accepted as such. They do not believe in performing rites and rituals. Indian atheists are for most part the same. They simply do not perform any rites or worship. It is more about actions than about belief.

The Advaita school of philosophy is about Brhman, the one and only true reality, truth, existence. It does not create because it is existence itself, so no creator god. The world is a projection of the mind and is resolved back into Brhman at the end of time because Brhman is the only reality.
The Non-dual school of philosophy has a creator god, Brahma, and he creates the Word, not the world, he is Speech.
Dharma is the Right Order.
Devas are the powers that we see evidence of in the universe. The elements, the power of speech, the power of voice, the power of knowing - all these are honored and worshiped as devas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 11:48 PM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nice job! They will not like the exposure of their intent, Tzaph!
QED!!!
QED indeed, another dishonest attack by a theist.

At least CB apologized for falsely accusing me of inventing my own facts. Oh, wait ...

Old 09-17-2022, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
QED indeed, another dishonest attack by a theist.

At least CB apologized for falsely accusing me of inventing my own facts. Oh, wait ...
Nope. No crimes committed no apologies offered.

Old 09-17-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Nope. No crimes committed no apologies offered.
Below is your post in response to another ad hominem post about me.

Quote:
LOL.
Seems that one distinguishing characteristic of Atheists in this forum is that they feel entitled to their own facts, and are free of any need to provide any supporting evidence that can withstand any kind of scrutiny.
Those real world facts are easily available with just a quick Google search, but instead, you used your ignorance to attack.

Because at the end of the day, you really do not care about the suffering that is happening in the world.

And for someone pretending to be a wise sage, that is a tragedy.

Old 09-17-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Below is your post in response to another ad hominem post about me.

Those real world facts are easily available with just a quick Google search, but instead, you used your ignorance to attack.

Because at the end of the day, you really do not care about the suffering that is happening in the world.

And for someone pretending to be a wise sage, that is a tragedy.
Hmm. That was a good post. I stand by it.

Old 09-25-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Hmm. That was a good post. I stand by it.
You think it good to be both arrogant and ignorant? Yes, I suppose you would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality