Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2022, 08:18 AM

22,267 posts, read 19,259,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Except farm fatale just repeated her claim, which is simply to hijack other religions and pretend they are worshiping the same god. But if the many Daoist gods exist, then there is not just one god. So how do we choose which is the correct view? Either there are many gods, just one, or none.
Daoism recognizes Oneness. view expressed in post above indicates an inability to understand this.

"Taoism is the concept of non-duality. Tao is one unified whole that originates all the elements of the Universe."

"The nature of the Dao is absolute unity. To understand Daoist expression is to understand that duality does not signify separation or competition. Dual forces are instead perfect complements of each other. It is the complimentary nature of duality that creates the absolute unity of the Dao."

there are many facets on a single diamond. they are still part of a single diamond. to say "either there are many facets, or just one facet, or no facets, so which is correct" demonstrates an inability to recognize that a single diamond (the unity in Daoism, the Oneness) has many facets. That is why the statement from post above "Either there are many gods, just one, or none" is an incorrect premise.

https://scholarspace.jccc.edu/cgi/vi...honors_journal

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-21-2022 at 08:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2022, 08:27 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Default The Holy Science by Sri Yukteswar

Yes, read it maybe before many here were born! Own it, recommend it.

Old 08-21-2022, 09:51 AM

16,806 posts, read 5,003,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Thank you for that explanation, Tzap. So what is Diogenes’s problem?
For me it is not a problem, it is the point that you are stealing other peoples religious ideas and pretending they are all mistaken in their beliefs, but somehow actually worshiping your god, which you somehow know to be the correct interpretation.

Daoism is a good example, because the Daoist oneness is not a god.

The one (the Dao) creates the two (Ying / Yang), which creates the three (Heaven, earth and humanity), which creates everything (including the many, many gods), and it takes arrogance to pretend Daoist theology is actually somehow worshiping your one true god.

Christianity is another example, they believe you are mistaken (possibly led astray by Satan), but you somehow know about Yahweh because he wrote it on your heart. So there you are, you are a Christian who simply does not realize that you are a Christian.

Cutting people's hearts out as the Aztecs did, just one more way to worship the one true god.

The fact that none of you can agree on what the religious truth looks more like many people taking different paths, and all pretending none of them are lost.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Why do you attribute your twisted thoughts to her? Those twisted thoughts belong to you and your pitiful ignorance of such things. Take what she says at face value, this is what she believes, and so do other systems of spiritual thought.
They are not twisted, the universal god people are hijacking other religious beliefs, just as they hijack yours. I am basing my argument on what I know about different religions (the opposite of ignorance). You are just making ad hoc assertions to rescue yourself from the fact that different religious people have different, and often mutually exclusive beliefs.

Quote:
I dont know what Daoist is.
And you called me ignorant.

Quote:
Who is the we that needs to choose? The plural you that you call yourself, or are you speaking for ALL atheists?
No, I am talking about the many (plural, hence 'we') who would like to know which mutually exclusive 'truth' is the true 'truth'.

Quote:
We, those of us who share the same spiritual path as Farm fatale does, choose to believe there is no single path to divinity. All spiritual paths seeking the single Oneness, the eternal Brhman, the One Reality are all correct.
We have no quarrels, we are at peace.
I am sure the Muslims and Christians would agree with you.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:03 AM

22,267 posts, read 19,259,001 times
Quote:
For me it is not a problem, it is the point that you are stealing other peoples religious ideas and pretending they are all mistaken in their beliefs, but somehow actually worshiping your god, which you somehow know to be the correct interpretation.Daoism is a good example, because the Daoist oneness is not a god.The one (the Dao) creates the two (Ying / Yang), which creates the three (Heaven, earth and humanity), which creates everything (including the many, many gods), and it takes arrogance to pretend Daoist theology is actually somehow worshiping your one true god.Christianity is another example, they believe you are mistaken (possibly led astray by Satan), but you somehow know about Yahweh because he wrote it on your heart. So there you are, you are a Christian who simply does not realize that you are a Christian. Cutting people's hearts out as the Aztecs did, just one more way to worship the one true god. The fact that none of you can agree on what the religious truth looks more like many people taking different paths, and all pretending none of them are lost.
then that is where you are holding.
on your path. at this moment.

Peace be with you.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:17 AM

16,001 posts, read 7,052,519 times
Quote:
For me it is not a problem, it is the point that you are stealing other peoples religious ideas and pretending they are all mistaken in their beliefs, but somehow actually worshiping your god, which you somehow know to be the correct interpretation.
You say this because you don't have a religion, or a spiritual practice, or drawn to the Divinity. Religions are porous, but for you purpose they need to in tights boxes. Spirituality flows form one system to another and carries the foundation of Oneness with it. Thus a divergent of practices and belief systems converge into the Oneness. This diversity reflects what Divinity is - Oneness of Divinity that is present in all the multitude aspects of the world as we see it. It is seeing the molecules within the the different kinds of wood, the gold within a collection or ornaments. Don't bother trying to understand it and argue with this. It is not possible with the tools you posses.

Dont worry about us, those who believe in the unity among the diversity and perceive the Oneness. We are at peace. May you have peace as well.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-21-2022 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Removed extra quote tag

Old 08-21-2022, 10:20 AM

16,001 posts, read 7,052,519 times
Quote:

I am sure the Muslims and Christians would agree with you.
Why do you worry about the Muslims and Christians? There is not much love for you from them that Ii can see..
We dont all have to agree. We are all at different stages of our evolution. Even you. That is the religious freedom we have in the US.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
You say this because you don't have a religion, or a spiritual practice, or drawn to the Divinity. Religions are porous, but for you purpose they need to in tights boxes.
No, I say this because the different theological ideas are often mutually exclusive, and your all paths lead to one argument is just a way to avoid the fact that other people have different religious beliefs, and that they all can not be correct. I did not create the boxes, I just point out that they are there.

The rest of your post was just gibberish, and it was all down the mountain from there.

Quote:
Why do you worry about the Muslims and Christians? There is not much love for you from them that Ii can see..
There is not hate neither. To me, it is all academic.

Quote:
We dont all have to agree. We are all at different stages of our evolution. Even you. That is the religious freedom we have in the US.
So now the different religions DO have quarrels, and are NOT at peace.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:02 AM

50,891 posts, read 24,393,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
You can keep coming up with scientific research, but there will never be answers to everything and science will never lead to an absolute confirmation, its just a fruitless excercise.

As a born again Christian, you can actually feel the Holy Spirit. That in itself is enough evidence, once your experience it that there is whole other spiritual dimension out there we will never have answers for from a human scientific standpoint.
I believe that is nonsense. Other people of varied religious beliefs -- including things like voodoo -- can say the same thing.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:03 AM

50,891 posts, read 24,393,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
From what I learned is that the vastness of the universe where the spirit of man is there is only one realm of God, as there are other realms of God there are other spirit where the realm of the universe is not seen, Through the bible there are three realms which are the realm of the universe, the realm of the flesh, the realm of the high places, the realm of the supernatural of God ...... The spirits in each are incompatible with other realm and the spirit of each cannot be seen in other realm except, with some power, spirits can visit other realms ...... The realms of the universe, the flesh, the High places are now stuck to the earth under the power of God where the realms of the supernatural God can go beyond the realm of the universe of the earth is
I look at all that as akin to science fiction. But if you can PROVE any of it, go ahead and make it science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality