Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 05:05 PM

573 posts, read 260,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Seeking praise is not the reason any of us do things to help others. Thanking us in addition or instead of God is a way for the person needing the help is that they did receive it and let us no they appreciate it. A simple thank you is not very hard to do.

And do you realize that in 50% of football games God was on the side of the losing team and yet it only the 50% of the teams that is the ones who won praise him?
Oh No...NOOOOOooooo ~!

God is never on the side of the loosing team (ever). He was never on the side of the Germans, the Japanese, the North Koreans, the North Vietnamese, The Huns and (least of all) the American Indians (to name a few). ALL THOSE PEOPLE went Straight to Hell and are burning in an Eternal Flame for ever-n-even-EVER~!

At least that what my King James, American Stand and NIV Bible Says...

What does your's Say?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 05:55 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post
Oh No...NOOOOOooooo ~!

God is never on the side of the loosing team (ever). He was never on the side of the Germans, the Japanese, the North Koreans, the North Vietnamese, The Huns and (least of all) the American Indians (to name a few). ALL THOSE PEOPLE went Straight to Hell and are burning in an Eternal Flame for ever-n-even-EVER~!

What does your's Say?

My wife's Bible does not even mention football.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
My wife's Bible does not even mention football.
That's just as well. . . I Think Jesus was more of a tennis guy... or badminton (that's it).

Yep I can see Jesus chasing the badminton fly around in his white dress and sandals. He'd be swatting the fly over the net and cursing whenever he missed a shot. And whenever he scored of course he would yell out "Praise be to God" !

Of course Jesus will be representing the Church of Rome in the Olympic finals ( even though he's secretly detested the Romans). I Think Jesus and his disciples would have gone far on the badminton court... maybe even got a medal.

Wait a minute what am I talking about??? Yes of course of course he would have won . He would have won the gold medal for sure (silly me). He's God!

Old 07-01-2022, 11:35 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Oh No...NOOOOOooooo ~!

What does your's Say?

Mine says that you are a perfect representative and example of current Atheism.
The class, the quality, the style, the psyche...a veritable Poster Child.
I'm so glad you are putting up these posts...and hope you never stop.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
It must be tough for you...what with over 85% of the world population able to perceive God...and you can't.
I understand your frustration...kinda like being blind in this world of normally sighted people.
Where you are really messing up...is not being hip to the fact that YOU are the "fanatic", and the "nut ranting"...all tweaked-out that most of the world possesses a perceptive ability you don't...and compelled to be here ragging about it.
Oh, and...Religion is growing in this world, and you will do nothing about that...because you can do nothing.
Best wishes resolving your issues...I will pray for you.
Its not hard on me at all (i gave up the crazy idea of there being a Christian God....long time ago).

I'm merely raising the question of 'Why Fanatics Praise God when God is not involved at all' ???

I'll give you another exampe (since you're clearly being defensive and not addressing the proposed question). Its a little longer, but you'll see my point in the end.

EX 3. A man goes out on his fishing boat 5 miles off shore in hopes of catching large game fish. While far out at sea, his boat breaks down and a nasty storm can be seen not too far from his location. He looks around and sees no other boats nearby. The wind begins to pick up and large rain drops bounce off the deck. As large waves rock the boat, He grabs his telephone but it slips from his fingers and falls into the deep water. Close by thunder indicate the lighting is close. He then gets on his CB Radio and puts out a call for help. Another boater picks up his faint message and co-ordinates, and locates the stranded boater. The good Samaritan happens to be an mechanic, locates the problem and fixes his boat. The Fisherman being a Religious man Yells out 'Praise be to God~' The good Samaritan looks and smiles at the Fisherman and they shake hands with the Fisherman nodding and pointing his finger above. He thanks the Samaritan, hands him a Bible Track, which the Samaritan takes it and waves good-bye. Minutes after boarding the boat, the mechanic solves the problem and soon the fisherman is traveling back to shore on his own power.

NOTE: I know this happens all the time in Fanatical Circles because i used to 'run with them.' It often bugged me as to 'Why they never thanked the True source of the Solution'----but instead, 'Discounted the Human effort' and instead pointed to God~!

QUESTION: Again the question is 'Why do Fanatics give Praise to their God' in situations like this and Not to the one who deserves praise 'The Human who actually fixed the Problem' ---- ???

ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER?

Old 07-02-2022, 03:10 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Its not hard on me at all (i gave up the crazy idea of there being a Christian God....long time ago).

I'm merely raising the question of 'Why Fanatics Praise God when God is not involved at all' ???

I'll give you another exampe (since you're clearly being defensive and not addressing the proposed question). Its a little longer, but you'll see my point in the end.

EX 3. A man goes out on his fishing boat 5 miles off shore in hopes of catching large game fish. While far out at sea, his boat breaks down and a nasty storm can be seen not too far from his location. He looks around and sees no other boats nearby. The wind begins to pick up and large rain drops bounce off the deck. As large waves rock the boat, He grabs his telephone but it slips from his fingers and falls into the deep water. Close by thunder indicate the lighting is close. He then gets on his CB Radio and puts out a call for help. Another boater picks up his faint message and co-ordinates, and locates the stranded boater. The good Samaritan happens to be an mechanic, locates the problem and fixes his boat. The Fisherman being a Religious man Yells out 'Praise be to God~' The good Samaritan looks and smiles at the Fisherman and they shake hands with the Fisherman nodding and pointing his finger above. He thanks the Samaritan, hands him a Bible Track, which the Samaritan takes it and waves good-bye. Minutes after boarding the boat, the mechanic solves the problem and soon the fisherman is traveling back to shore on his own power.

NOTE: I know this happens all the time in Fanatical Circles because i used to 'run with them.' It often bugged me as to 'Why they never thanked the True source of the Solution'----but instead, 'Discounted the Human effort' and instead pointed to God~!

QUESTION: Again the question is 'Why do Fanatics give Praise to their God' in situations like this and Not to the one who deserves praise 'The Human who actually fixed the Problem' ---- ???

ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER?
I already explained it.
YOU are the "fanatic"...because you are unable to perceive God (Reality/All That Is), and that tweaks you out. Obviously.
Everything that exists (animate and inanimate) and everything that occurs, is by and through God (Reality).
People that can perceive God (the vast majority), know that.
So...when things occur or they behold things...they acknowledge God.
Because you are of the few unable to perceive God...you don't understand it...so you present these concocted scenarios of people recognizing God, as if it is strange or inappropriate that they do that.
But you only have this view of it...due to your lack of understanding. And your Fanaticism over knowing you lack something most possess...God perceptive abilities.

Old 07-02-2022, 03:14 PM

1,484 posts, read 481,260 times
Quote:

ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER?
I have never done or experienced anything like what you describe. I am kind of a quiet person, except when I'm with a small group of friends, then I cut loose and joke around.

One time a friend of mine called me and said his child hit the door lock and locked his wife out of the car at a gas station near me and asked if I would go and get the door opened. When I got there two cops were already working on it, so I had brought some tools with me and went to the other side of the car and in less than a minute I had the door opened. I don't even remember if anyone thanked me, but I do remember the stare the cops were giving me. And I just walked on back home. It was a rather hot day.

Old 07-03-2022, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I already explained it.
YOU are the "fanatic"...because you are unable to perceive God (Reality/All That Is), and that tweaks you out. Obviously.
Everything that exists (animate and inanimate) and everything that occurs, is by and through God (Reality).
People that can perceive God (the vast majority), know that.
So...when things occur or they behold things...they acknowledge God.
Because you are of the few unable to perceive God...you don't understand it...so you present these concocted scenarios of people recognizing God, as if it is strange or inappropriate that they do that.
But you only have this view of it...due to your lack of understanding. And your Fanaticism over knowing you lack something most possess...God perceptive abilities.
Yep; Here is 'Another Gas-lighting' Technique used by the Fanatic; Twisting logic and definition

In a vain attempt to discount your premise, they tell you 'I already solved your problem' (when they haven't solved anything) or they might say 'You're the problem' (not the problem itself).

Its a Game of 'Delinquency' where the aim is to prove 'who's dumber' (in most cases if you just keep quiet, you'll win the argument as the Fanatic has no reasoning or skills in communicating Logic to win an argument).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I have never done or experienced anything like what you describe. I am kind of a quiet person, except when I'm with a small group of friends, then I cut loose and joke around.
Hmmm... You obviously weren't with the Church Crowd!~

BTW; that's an interesting name you use,..is there any significance to it?

Old 07-03-2022, 06:53 AM

Quote:

One time a friend of mine called me and said his child hit the door lock and locked his wife out of the car at a gas station near me and asked if I would go and get the door opened. When I got there two cops were already working on it, so I had brought some tools with me and went to the other side of the car and in less than a minute I had the door opened. I don't even remember if anyone thanked me, but I do remember the stare the cops were giving me. And I just walked on back home. It was a rather hot day.
Quote:

Hmmm... You obviously weren't with the Church Crowd!~

BTW; that's an interesting name you use,..is there any significance to it?

I went to those things for a brief time and saw plenty of weird stuff. And I have done plenty of stupid stuff in my life too. I just correct it and move on, with no need to carry it around like heavy luggage and then try to project it on others as if I need help carrying that load of ....

When I used my real first and middle name which complete a sentence, as a username on forums I got banned.

And back on topic, I have helped many animals caught in precarious situations. Got bit once, and all the other times they just got away from me as fast as they could, once freed. And I was happy for them.

I remember one time a woman brought a Doberman Pincher to us as, we a small group of young teenagers were hanging out in front of a store. And the dog had a round bone with a hole in the center stuck on his lower jaw behind the fangs. I helped hold the dog and one of my friends worked the bone free of the dogs jaw. Surprisingly the dog remained fairly calm through it.

Last edited by chief scum; 07-03-2022 at 07:08 AM..

Old 07-03-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I went to those things for a brief time and saw plenty of weird stuff. And I have done plenty of stupid stuff in my life too. I just correct it and move on, with no need to carry it around like heavy luggage and then try to project it on others as if I need help carrying that load of ....

When I used my real first and middle name which complete a sentence, as a username on forums I got banned.

And back on topic, I have helped many animals caught in precarious situations. Got bit once, and all the other times they just got away from me as fast as they could, once freed. And I was happy for them.

I remember one time a woman brought a Doberman Pincher to us as, we a small group of young teenagers were hanging out in front of a store. And the dog had a round bone with a hole in the center stuck on his lower jaw behind the fangs. I helped hold the dog and one of my friends worked the bone free of the dogs jaw. Surprisingly the dog remained fairly calm through it.
I was thinking back on the Doberman Pincher story and I don't think I was the one helping to hold the dog. I don't remember who did that, while I do remember who got the bone free.

The thing is that this woman walked up and sought our help. And we weren't the clean cut looking group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality