Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 10:09 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Would a light being be visible on this plane?

Only if the entity chooses to be. It's very difficult for light beings to enter dense matter as heavy as the Earth's. It takes an enormous amount of effort to reduce their significantly higher vibration and match the very low vibrations of planet Earth so they can be visible on this plane. At times they will appear to fade in and out like wifi does when the signal is poor and connection goes in and out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 11:03 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Only if the entity chooses to be. It's very difficult for light beings to enter dense matter as heavy as the Earth's. It takes an enormous amount of effort to reduce their significantly higher vibration and match the very low vibrations of planet Earth so they can be visible on this plane. At times they will appear to fade in and out like wifi does when the signal is poor and connection goes in and out.
And how, exactly, do you know that?

Old 05-09-2022, 11:45 PM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
What little I know about eastern thought is mostly Buddhist so whether these beings you are referring to are gods or demigods or ascended masters or ancestors I don't pretend to know. But I do know that Buddha did not want to be worshiped or even uncritically believed. He said you have to check out his claims for yourself basically.
Lao Tzu (if he existed) and Kong Fuzi too would have laughed at the idea of becoming gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Also phet may happen to be a Western Buddhist but has gone to some lengths to study his faith in Thailand itself and with Thai congregations in the US, so I tend to trust his take on these things. And he has repeatedly said he does not worship Buddha and that members of his sect do not do so. That the shrines in his home have a different significance than that of god worship. I tend to believe what he says about whether Buddhism is theistic over someone trying to force-fit their own ideas from outside that faith.
Before Corona, my wife would sometimes fly to China to learn more about her Kung Fu. Her teacher is a lecturer in eastern religions, and once told my wife that many western versions of eastern religions are hippy ideals sold to people wanting something mystical.

Phet's pop Buddhism would be a good description.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:00 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Lao Tzu (if he existed) and Kong Fuzi too would have laughed at the idea of becoming gods.

Before Corona, my wife would sometimes fly to China to learn more about her Kung Fu. Her teacher is a lecturer in eastern religions, and once told my wife that many western versions of eastern religions are hippy ideals sold to people wanting something mystical.

Phet's pop Buddhism would be a good description.
Yes, that is what I have found. And it's not that that is necessarily bad, except that they think it's real Buddhism, when it is often something very different. That's why I have stayed completely away from Western Buddhism...except for participating in the forum called newbuddhist.com. That was a real mix of people. I no long participate in that forum, however.

Old 05-16-2023, 05:02 AM

4 posts, read 5,177 times
BRAVO kitty61!

Thank you for being so brave! I have been wanting to post this very same thing in my "Next Door" app for a while now. But I have some fear to push past in order to ask my neighbors in the whole "hood" if there are any like me. I have been listening to Kryon, "The Magnetic Master" since I first stumbled upon one of Lee Carroll's channeling videos. I was blown away by his message! That was 9 years ago and probably 1000's of channelings ago. I even went to a 'Kryon' event in Sedona. It was amazing! Everything you mentioned in your post is a part of everything I've been learning since then. I am now an Angel Intuitive taking some classes in Energy healing, chakra balancing and aura reading. I'm new here on the site and dont know my way around yet but is you can message me somehow I would love to chat! It's been so hard to find a kindred soul that I could talk who doesnt run the other way when I tell them I think I may be a Pleiadean Starseed! LOL! Much Love and Light to you! Don't forget to talk to your Angels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality