Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 08:04 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

[quote=hljc;62772049 . Today I know Jesus Christ through His spirit and His spirit is directly the same as the character of Jesus Christ in the bible[/QUOTE]

OK but tell me more please how do you KNOW Jesus Christ ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 08:57 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Because he looks like Jeffrey Hunter?

Old 01-25-2022, 09:55 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Because he looks like Jeffrey Hunter?
The typical mocking (looks like Jeffrey Hunter) aside...hljc explained how Jesus was known: Through the Spirit.
Many in this world have the same perception. They connect with the vibe, the resonance.
Like certain seasons effect moods, or certain sounds can elicit joy or sadness.
It's the same with a God Perception. Most are able to perceive God...few are deficient in that regard and lack that ability.

Old 02-18-2022, 02:16 PM

18 posts, read 9,112 times
Quote:
Says the person whose morals rest on the crutch of a religion from 2,000 years ago (plus).
The morals of religions, and men as gods are not the morals of God or Jesus. At the top of our mountain is only ten rules, and if you do only one of them: #9 not be a liar and deceiver, which is that abomination of desolation; how are you going to exist if you are not a liar and deceiver? as easy as what? you liars. You murdered who? for what? The danger today is being able to find and know the truth from the lies.

And @the original post which I just gleamed over slightly, I think I remember the quest ion: "Can lying useful? of course it can, liars and deceivers are in control of reality today. But "Silence," is golden for the thinking. And words and cut more than two ways.

Don't be so damn greedy...don't lie, don't steal, don't kill...not quite the moral crutch the whole world is resting on today...2022 today.

Ask me a question, I have the right to remain silent, let's see if you can make me lie?

I am not standing where you are, and you are not standing where I am...I have made a big practice out of not telling lies and not believing lies. And by lies and deceptions, you will stumble and fall...and dead or alive we will rise up for "Truth," shall is our stronghold. I may be wrong, but let truth do the telling.

Old 02-18-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
There is a Street Epistemology video on you tube that poses the question
Does something have to be true to be useful?

But, I have many who maintain that the Bible, for example, is the "truth" (Even though it obviously is not) And I have told people that I will not follow or accept their definition of "truth" because I simply do not want to be like them.

These are the questions which we need to be asking. These are the conversations we need to be having.
Watch the video, if you are interested, when you have time, we can talk here or send me a message if you prefer.
Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjd_vUnvNY
Yes it is true, much more true than the "News" you are getting from our government today.

The bible is a book of life, full of the wicked deeds of men as gods, full of liars and deceivers just like in real life today. You need to be able to do your own thinking, which takes reflections, mistakes, and a full like to understand God; which is the God of truth and truth is the throne of God; truth has no religion, truth has no opinion.

Read the first two chapters of Genesis --all God! The 3rd chapter begins the generations of mankind; and a very subtle warning about that lying tongue: "Now the/that serpent, was more subtle than any beast of the field which the lord God had made."

The generations of mankind, and generations of liars and deceivers, real life, is what follows. It is "Man's teachings of God," not what God taught. What men do without God.

What is it that you don't know about God? What is it about the bible you don't understand? And no, it does not teach religions...what did Jesus think about those religious money changers in that religious temple?

Just like real life, the bible is full of lies; with a little truth that has become overwhelming to me. It has to be discerned and tested to find the truth in a bible overwhelmed with lies and ignorance.

For instance, When Israel spied on the Canaanites, murdered them all, old, young, babies, animals, etc. everything that had the breath of life they killed in the name of God. Oh yeah? How many commandments did they just break? They got their promised land, lost it, and regained it again...by breaking how many commandments? Promised land of Hell on earth? It still exists.

Here is the sticker: There was a way of "Blessings." And there was a way of "Curses." This has never changed. Deut. 28 That bottomless pit full of liars and deceivers with the curse of life; those that destroy the earth destroy themselves. God is life. The word of God just dresses it up. He told them the truth in the beginning, they would have none of God. No discernment = no truth found in the book? In real life: no discernment = no truth found?

The Bible condensed -

In the beginning, man started out by hiding and lying to cover-up sin.
Then men started killing animals to cover sin.
Then they started killing each other to remove sin.

Then one day men started killing all the animals off the land.
And they poisoned all the waters, and all the creatures in the waters were poisoned.

But sin remained.

And they cut, burned, and destroyed all the trees.
And they dug up and cracked open the earth and put poisoned inside.
And they poisoned the atmosphere.

Yet sin remained.

And then one day, all men died off and were dead; and sin took a rest.

-a short history of man ā€“ rip-

Today 2022 - What have I said that is hard to believe?

The bible has God's truth, and it is overflowing with the deeds of men as gods because they could not comprehend God. Many wicked deeds, same as today. Where is the truth? Can I help you?

With a few words, what is your Street Epistemology.
My Street Epistemology is probably:
ā€œDo unto others as you would have them do unto you.ā€
-2022 years old, not very bible like, is it?

-
They may have told you the bible is true, but I'd bet they didn't really understand it.
But that is changing really fast now. The book of life has opened up.
-
How true is the news you heard today?

Old 02-18-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I know Jesus from the O.T as he was told will arrive and how and what would happen to him and what he would do; and he did arrive and Jesus and God were on the same page. Bible history is how I know Jesus, and What must one do to inherit the kingdom of God? Keep the commandments. Which commandments? Why should I tell you? What is the kingdom of God? #1. You don't really die; you will be born again. How? Well, we came from the universe, we exist in the universe, and we return to the universe; we are the universe looking back at itself. Memory was a little short when I arrived...next time, how could I ever forget what I know now? It is ingrained deep into my subconscious, which exists beneath and beyond consciousness. I just know what I know, and what I didn't know, I learned. And we just know what we know?

How do you know me?
By my words?
How do I know Jesus?
By Gods words and by Jesus' words: One and the same.
And I would make three of the same.

How do I know you? by the words you presented is how I know you.

Looks can be deceiving.

Old 02-18-2022, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aural88 View Post
The morals of religions, and men as gods are not the morals of God or Jesus. At the top of our mountain is only ten rules, and if you do only one of them: #9 not be a liar and deceiver, which is that abomination of desolation; how are you going to exist if you are not a liar and deceiver? as easy as what? you liars. You murdered who? for what? The danger today is being able to find and know the truth from the lies.

And @the original post which I just gleamed over slightly, I think I remember the quest ion: "Can lying useful? of course it can, liars and deceivers are in control of reality today. But "Silence," is golden for the thinking. And words and cut more than two ways.

Don't be so damn greedy...don't lie, don't steal, don't kill...not quite the moral crutch the whole world is resting on today...2022 today.

Ask me a question, I have the right to remain silent, let's see if you can make me lie?

I am not standing where you are, and you are not standing where I am...I have made a big practice out of not telling lies and not believing lies. And by lies and deceptions, you will stumble and fall...and dead or alive we will rise up for "Truth," shall is our stronghold. I may be wrong, but let truth do the telling.
Of course, my response was not directed toward you.

And just for the sake of the discussion, I'm not even saying that all lying is bad. I'm a pretty honest guy, but there have been times I have lied, and it's usually for the sake of the other person.

When you say "the top of our mountain is only ten rules", one of my points is that the top of that mountain is not everyone's mountain. My religion only has 5 basic precepts. They're somewhat congruent with some of yours.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:51 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
Religion is incredibly useful on a social level. Mostly it facilitates buy-in to the social order, reduces transaction costs by spreading a shared worldview, and above all acts as a therapeutic against the meaninglessness of life and ubiquity of suffering.

Our brains construct models to try to understand reality. Those models don't have to be accurate in their inner workings. They just have to arrive at some good outcome.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Religion is incredibly useful on a social level. Mostly it facilitates buy-in to the social order, reduces transaction costs by spreading a shared worldview, and above all acts as a therapeutic against the meaninglessness of life and ubiquity of suffering.

Our brains construct models to try to understand reality. Those models don't have to be accurate in their inner workings. They just have to arrive at some good outcome.
Yes, but on the other hand there are many examples in the world of religion causing great social divide, wars, and the disintegration of nations.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:18 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
Quote:
Yes, but on the other hand there are many examples in the world of religion causing great social divide, wars, and the disintegration of nations.
I think on net religion has been a positive for complex societies. That doesn't mean it always will be.

I'm curious, are you making the claim that religion is a net negative and that is evidence that illusions cannot be as useful as the truth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality