Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 03:23 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Merry meet casual visitor and thanks for your post it was very warm and enlightening. My biggest problem with Christians is when I tell them that I'm a witch that loves Jesus and that there is no shame for a witch or anyone else for that matter to say they love Jesus too. I also tell them that I follow Christian/Wiccan/Shamanic paths because of my Irish and Native American ancestry.

Because of my paths, I saw the beauty in people regardless of the religion they chose or refrained from and it amazed me. That religious differences aside we really aren't that different from each other.

I lost count how many times I heard "suffer a witch to live" "burn in hell" "you can't serve two masters" but what hurts the most is when they say "I can't love God". Instead of being happy that I love Jesus they do everything they can to discredit me, push me away from God, say I'm not good enough to be with Him because I'm evil. They do this out of fear, because if they accept me for who I am, they think I'm mocking God, being blasphemous and promoting Heresy. Isn't that the same thing Satan would say to a person to discourage them to be a Christian?

I used to tell people to give Christians a chance but now I say run away as fast as you can from them, which is sad. Christianity is about Love not condemnation, but there are too many followers that want to condemn people they don't understand or people who refuse to follow their interpretations of the Bible. I always like to tell parable stories in my articles so I will share a parable of a witch moving to a bible belt town that had two very distinct churches. I hope you enjoy

Once upon a time there was a witch that moved into a small town from the big city to get a new fresh new start in life. The town she chose seemed quiet and peaceful so she decided to go for a walk after unpacking her belongings in her new home to get a feel for the place.

It was a small town and suddenly she came up to a church that was having a celebration of some sort outside their grounds. She didn't want to disturb them so she quietly and meekly stayed on the sidewalk as she discreetly passed by.

Before she had a chance to leave that church area, a very concerned member of the church ran up to the witch and said "I'm sorry, this is a private dinner party we are only having for true Christians to attend". The witch said her apologies to the man as she was only passing through to explore their town after she unpacked her belongings. The man looked the witch over and said "you are trespassing on our sidewalk, but tell you what, normally we don't let outsiders at our dinner party, but if you promise to obey what we tell you who God is, read the bible at exactly 3pm every day and never question our God given authority I can maybe let you have a few scraps of our food. The witch kindly declined his request and said "I'm not hungry, I just wanted to take a walk at my new town, and see how it looks. I didn't mean to disturb you function, for I am a witch". This angered the Christian man and told her to be gone and don't trespass on their land again or they will call the sheriff on her even though she was on a public sidewalk and not on their property. She said her apologies to the man and swiftly walked away.

Well wouldn't you know it just a few blocks down there happened to be another church that also had an outside dinner celebration and a Christian man spotted her, so he quickly ran up to her too. Before he had a chance to say anything the witch said "I'm sorry mister, I don't want any trouble, I'm new in town and just wanted to take a walk after I unpacked." The Christian man gave her a hug and said "it's perfectly all right my dear, our church is having a wonderful feast celebration and you are officially invited" still shaken up from the last encounter she told the man "I would love too but I'm a witch so it's ok if you rescind your invitation.". The man smiled and said "You're a witch, I'm a farmer, and that lady over there is the preachers wife, be careful with her because the minute she sees you she is going to give you a big hug and never let go ha-ha!". The young witch cautiously went to the churches party and even though they had different views of what God is, they were a family because they had such wonderful love in them.

Before the witch left their grounds they fixed her another plate for her to take home and told her that she was welcome anytime on their church grounds. So what happened to a witch that decided to take a stroll one afternoon after she finished unpacking her belongings in a small town she moved to? She met a family of true Christians that loved her for what she was and not what that other church believed her to be.
Thanks for sharing your story.
The responses you have received from Christians are unfortunate, but not surprising.
To them, anything that is Unbiblical is “Satanic” or “Demonic”, as this video shows:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wBoQV_...ature=emb_logo

This interviewer always tries to catch out Catholics with the “Have you been Born Again” leading question as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 10:45 AM

30 posts, read 21,394 times
Is that not what is to be acheved to have a Christ like mind and to become one with God.There isn't a human on the planet even close to acheving it we are a work in progress you expect too much expecting everyone to be Christ like it doesn't happen over night.Humans are far from it with a long ways to go.

Old 05-17-2023, 02:04 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
I think Robert Green Ingersoll The Great Agnostic said it best, Christians tell me that they love their enemies, and yet all I ask is, not that they love their enemies, not that they love their friends even, but that they treat those who differ from them, with simple fairness.

Old 05-17-2023, 02:07 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I think Robert Green Ingersoll The Great Agnostic said it best, Christians tell me that they love their enemies, and yet all I ask is, not that they love their enemies, not that they love their friends even, but that they treat those who differ from them, with simple fairness.
Excellent post.

It's a possessive sort of love...which means it isn't love at all.

Old 05-17-2023, 02:14 PM

737 posts, read 410,988 times
OP, I am with you 100%. Overzealous church folks are the reason I don't attend.

Old 05-18-2023, 12:38 AM

529 posts, read 183,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Thanks for sharing your story.
The responses you have received from Christians are unfortunate, but not surprising.
To them, anything that is Unbiblical is “Satanic” or “Demonic”, as this video shows:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wBoQV_...ature=emb_logo

This interviewer always tries to catch out Catholics with the “Have you been Born Again” leading question as well.
Thanks for your support Derek I really appreciate it! I believe the YouTube video your showing is from Ray Comfort that started Way of the Master evangelism with actor Kirk Cameron. I just get so creeped out whenever I see his his videos because it seems cult like to me.

It always seems to be the same approach he has with strangers. He will ask if you are a good person, and if you follow the 10 commandments. He then condemns you and points you to Jesus as Lord and Savior.

I don't want to disrespect him in any way but it just feels like there is something off with him. Life is very complicated and it's not just about the Jesus issue that he always stresses to strangers, but my whole life in general.

Ok what would happen if I agree with everything he said? I accept Jesus in my life, repent of my sins and listen to everything Ray Comfort says from now on? I just wish I could ask him, is it a sin to breath? Witchcraft is as natural as breathing to me, it's part of who I am in no offense to God. Am I going to try to hide my true self to Jesus in order to be saved? That would make me a liar and a hypocrite, besides I have seen so many other religions and they are not demonic. They are actually beautiful too!

I think it's wonderful when people try to live a spiritual life regardless of the Faith they are from and they are asking the same questions I'm asking about myself: Where did I come from? Why am I here? What is my purpose in life?

Even though they may have a different view or experience with their God or Goddess I'm not so sure their religion is different than mine. I believe in God the Father, The Holy Spirit Mother and Jesus that represents the child in all of us. Religion at it's best is not meant to tear us apart, but to bring us together as we search for our individual truths in life as we have a personal relationship with our Divine.

Because we are so unique and different from each other our experiences and relationship with our Divine is going to be unique too, and every religion I have seen has some type of religious "Love" clause in it: To be kind, treat others the way you want to be treated, and have Faith in Your Divine, yourself, and the people around you.

Talking to people of other Faith's should not weaken a person's Faith but if they are afraid to have those people in their life what does that say about their Faith?

These are the things I would love to talk about to reverend Ray Comfort, but he would never listen to my concerns. What's worse is when he and Christian's shut themselves off from people like me, they become Cult like and dangerous to themselves, and the people they come into contact with.

When they lose contact with people it's so easy to demonize them, because they don't know what they are really like so they start filling in the blanks of things they don't understand about outsiders and that always end up bad.

In the end I have faith in myself, the people I meet, and in my individual relationship with my Divine. To give you an example of the importance of Diversity In God, there is not one finger print that matches anyone in our planet. I believe we were created to be diverse because our Divine is diverse and different too in so many ways. That is what gives us beauty, love, hope and strength as we deal with our lives the best way we can while we are here.

Ray Comfort will never get me or understand who I am but I am so blessed and thankful that you do Derek! Thanks once again for giving me hope in humanity dear, Love You!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality