Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 02:14 PM

678 posts, read 431,436 times

Advertisements

Just curious about afterlife beliefs and do you think yours reflect how you would like to see the world (including punishing some by sending them to hell)?

To me, it seems like afterlife beliefs are based on a combination of love, fear and hate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 02:40 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,487,874 times
My afterlife beliefs are based on 20 years or more of reading NDEs and mediums that have received messages from the Other Side...from atheists, suicides, Christians, priests, even..
the priest thinking his whole life he was 'sinning' because he simply was born being intuitive and wrote 2 books sending this message, 'Any contact from the Other Side was the devil at work'.
When really it was just people like you and me ''over There''....talking to him.
(Oh, haha, will 'you know who' have a field day with THIS! ..Because she also thinks any contact from the Other Side is 'evil' and to be feared.
Well, he was taught that also.)

Anyhoo...ya wanna know something go to the source in anything...a dentist about dentistry, a cook about cooking...or someone from the Other Side!
Don't ask anyone else...not even me.
In fact 5 days ago an atheist friend that died...came to his ex-wife a huge God believer...
And looking wonderful and healthy said, "You were right about Heaven.'

Not the first time an atheist friend has said that ...example, Carl, the militant atheist, criminal attorney, loved that guy ..."What am I doing back here?!'
and 'There's so much love there; it's so beautiful there...' each time he would come out of his sleep before he passed finally.
So even some atheist friends found out happily of the beauty that awaits them...might not be the Highest of Spheres possible there...but so beautiful all the same...

But, you're right, Jumbo...concepts of the afterlife can be based on fear. Mine aren't and neither are my
sister's who is pretty close.
Lalalala...almost can't wait....preparing already...by control and focusing my thoughts and heart..'Only You, Lord...nothing else matters...You You You..nothing else.
You're my everything..nothing else matters...I'm Yours and You are mine...never leave me..never
let me go..."
You know the Bhakti , woo-woo stuff so many dislike here.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-31-2017 at 02:50 PM..

Old 08-31-2017, 02:43 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,441,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
Just curious about afterlife beliefs and do you think yours reflect how you would like to see the world (including punishing some by sending them to hell)?

To me, it seems like afterlife beliefs are based on a combination of love, fear and hate
Yes, my thoughts about what the afterlife may be like reflect what I would like to see. That does not include punishment, or hell.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:46 PM

691 posts, read 422,490 times
Its hard to not picture the afterlife as an ideal world....itd be so cool if it were simply problem free (but not work free).... i couldn't even take a guess at it yet.... all this pumping heart and breathing is kinda holding me back from knowing knowing

I picture that God has the work SO planned out that no matter what has to happen hell would be an empty jail... and sometimes i think thats just a naive child thought and far enough down the block is my cell....

Last edited by mstelm; 08-31-2017 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 08-31-2017, 02:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,286,629 times
I don't have an afterlife belief. But like most, I hope it involves reconnecting with the essences of those I loved and who loved me.

Hell is for here. And maybe in the process of dying for some. Eternal hellfire is nothing more than a sadist's wet dream.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:50 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,441,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
Its hard to not picture the afterlife as an ideal world....itd be so cool if it were simply problem free.... i could even take a guess at it yet.... all this pumping heart and breathing is kinda holding me back from knowing knowing
Personally, I would not wish for problem free. I would wish for continual opportunities for growth and learning.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:58 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,343,736 times
I have had so many past life dreams that I just assume I will return,I sort of put in little requests and hopes for what I want my next life to be like.The ancient celts so believed in reincarnation/transformation that they had no fear of death and sometimes I get like that.

I also have felt alot of karma in my life because I have knowledge of my past lives and dream of those karmic debts,so I feel completely assured that you reap what you sow.The universe has some sort of natural justice that has become obvious to me.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:20 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,094,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post

No. My afterlife beliefs are based on what God has said. His words are recorded in a collection of 66 books called "The Bible".

Old 08-31-2017, 03:59 PM

7,337 posts, read 6,962,493 times
The fact that Satan and a third of the angles were forcibly kicked out of heaven, proves free will exists there as well.
Jesus said that there is no marriage nor giving in marriage but are as the angels of God .
There are volumes of things people imagine heaven is to them, but my deepest concern is to be of some value in that environment .
Being useful here and now is training for the future . All things have purpose ,and to be without purpose would be hell.
Jesus taught being obedient, demonstrated being obedient, proved His place being obedient .
Not to culture , not to men , not to himself, not to traditions , but to His heavenly Father.
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit so His born of the Spirit believers could be trained of God and obedient to Him.
Manipulating scriptures is what men do , satan does to make excuses and blame rather then seek after God's will.
God will reward men after their obedience , Not with blind justice .
God will discriminate between those that obey Him, and those that do not. Even with the living now, God prefers those the love and obey Him over those that do not. Always has always will.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:03 PM

64,035 posts, read 40,340,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. My afterlife beliefs are based on what God has said. His words are recorded in a collection of 66 books called "The Bible".
Actually, they are based on your interpretation of what fallible, ignorant (lacking knowledge) and political men have compiled into a collection of writings that they claim God said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality