Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:24 AM

157 posts, read 101,684 times

Advertisements

Why you go on in Buddhism? Do you know your Father is feeding you all the way? Doesn't matter. I know Buddhisn supposedly better than you. I had CDs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 12:30 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymewo View Post
Why you go on in Buddhism? Do you know your Father is feeding you all the way? Doesn't matter. I know Buddhisn supposedly better than you. I had CDs.
Don't you know your Mother pleads for you? But In fact, it matters the most. Tell me what you know of Buddhism in the Buddhism sub-forum. You might have had CDs but you didn't have the Enlightenment Inspiration!

Old 02-26-2015, 12:31 AM

You could experience being that teach guy this way: Lock yourself in a clean room for a very long time with no thoughts. Here you are - the Enlightment.

We have that concept, too. We call it Sabbath. And everybody has to observe.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:44 AM

Your Father feeds you, and you want to overide HIM?. What He ever does that hurts you that makes you hate HIM.

Create your own galaxies whatever you like and sit alone there. I have love ones here, and I not good at sitting alone and staring at TV and having "a peace of mind." so peaceful. so satisfied. Am I got your religion right?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Silly me. Concentrating on the message of Jesus, I find the center of His teaching in the answer to the question "Lord, which is the greatest commandment?"

The answer? Be right with God, be right with your neighbor. Who is my neighbor, Lord? Follows the parable of the good Samaritan.Everything else hangs from these words.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Your Father feeds you, and you want to overide HIM?. What He ever does that hurts you that makes you hate HIM.

Create your own galaxies whatever you like and sit alone there. I have love ones here, and I not good at sitting alone and staring at TV and having "a peace of mind." so peaceful. so satisfied. Am I got your religion right?
I hide from no omnipresent beings, I hide from no concepts. I hate nothing that doesn't need to be hated, hatred is hardly useful. To think and ponder and work properly for my happiness and the betterment of the world, that is what I strive for daily. TV is hardly useful for that sort of satisfaction. Better are discussions with friends and acquaintances.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I hide from no omnipresent beings, I hide from no concepts. I hate nothing that doesn't need to be hated, hatred is hardly useful. To think and ponder and work properly for my happiness and the betterment of the world, that is what I strive for daily. TV is hardly useful for that sort of satisfaction. Better are discussions with friends and acquaintances.
mmm One day, you might find out the values of the Holy Commandments, if you don't want to be like a headless bird flying around; a kyte with no string pulling.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:58 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
The 10 Commandments.

So woefully inadequate and silent about things like slavery or rape.

Mind you, so is the NT. After all, it was part of "the culture of the times", and we need to make allowances for that, right?

Oh, the moral teachings of a book of myths!

Old 02-26-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
mmm One day, you might find out the values of the Holy Commandments, if you don't want to be like a headless bird flying around; a kyte with no string pulling.
The Holy Law is eternal, there is no impermanent breath or transient words involved. Mostly, the Ancient Jewish Leaders (from their scriptures) and most other People have never followed the Holy Law in a whole good way, it has mostly always been about personal gain to them, special bribes and threats in this life and hopefully the next. Ethical Egoism and purely factionist Care Ethics personified. The true living kite flaps its wings and is free from synthetic tethers of insufficiently thoughtful dictation from human beings and certain scraps of their writings. Flattened wooden idols in order to deceive, a thousand words paint a picture.

Look at the birds of the air, they may neither sow nor gather into barns, yet the silenced teacher in the Paulinized Bible was wrong, they do reap and they do feed themselves and their families; and are not provided for otherwise, and also even when they seek they may not find; but yes if they do not seek, they sure won't find, yet at times by seeking this way, they miss what's that way.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 02-26-2015 at 03:59 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 08:11 PM

The holy commandments are not just 10 of them; check the book that you don't read anymore. But they could sum up in two general guides though.

Pondering of breaking the laws but was not punished, believe you me: you will have your dues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality