Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:16 PM

867 posts, read 910,121 times

Advertisements

I'm not knocking atheists in general so don't take this as an affront if as an atheist reading this you, personally are not capable of this. I get ticked at you guys just as I get ticked at the Fundamentalists but in reality there are some really good atheists on here just as there are some really good Fundamentalists on here. However, as the economy begins to decline there will unfortunately be greater elements of Nazism in this country--Nazism in Germany was partially a workers, partially a patriotic movement which may explain why the Germans impoverished after WWI took to it at first.

I'm not a psychic and I'm not a genius, but it is hard to ignore the reality on social media such as Facebook the greater presence of atheists who take to Nazi doctrine either in part or in whole. I subscribe to CNN posts and there people will honestly post Nazi flags; I'm sure if I subscribed to Fox News I would maybe not see the Nazi flag but I would see the rhetoric. In free speech theology groups there, which I only briefly joined, it is very common to run into atheists who are Nazis or agree in many aspects of the Nazi agenda. As more and more whites become marginalized in this stagnant and possibly turning bad economy more and more will Nazism be prevalent to the point where it becomes a valid thread in this country.

As a Catholic it is impossible to be Catholic and maintain any sort of Nazi leanings; the ideas go against the teachings of the Church as well as the global, diverse reach of the Church. Islam is in many ways the same, where congregates are from diverse ethnicities praying together. The mainline Protestant Churches that were started in Europe with congregates in Europe, America, Latin America, Africa and Asia very much accept the doctrine of the equality of spirit. Even in American churches, such as mainline Evangelical, there is a direction of greater diversity as more and more diverse audiences are attracted to it. However, there are those very segregated churches in America--in general uncommon--whose belief system is premised on ideas contrary to traditional Christianity.

However, the big threat comes from atheist communities who begin to take onto ideas such as eugenics, social Darwinism, inequality among racial groups, an identity rooted in race....etc...that will begin to become inevitably a new Nazism in this country. Also, ethical atheists who lived during the sixties, seventies, eighties and even nineties learned from experience the dangers of any ideology that promotes a sense of superiority at the expense of other--Civil Rights, the Vietnam War, the Korea War, the Cold War.

Unfortunately, there is a group of younger Americans whose only recollection of history is a horrible economic downturn, marginalization, a war premised on killing based on ideology instead of threat as well as other foreign concepts that will eventually lead to a new Nazi movement.

If this occurs, the only choice you have is to do as the Christ instructs in Mark 6:8

Peace be with you and may the Christ be with you Theists, Atheists and Agnostics.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:18 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Nazism was a Christian movement, OP.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,177,116 times
Godwin's Law is fulfilled right out of the gate.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,742 times
Nazis were almost all either Catholic or Lutheran.
It is also a bit ironic that you wished Christ to be with Jewish people as well as with atheists, two groups that suffered under the NAZI regime. Much of your other concerns are that atheist will accept ideologies that Christians have used or misused. And you think that people within any single denomination will be more diverse than people who only have in common is a lack of belief in any gods.

From what you wrote, how you stated it and your ending I can only assume that the goal of this thread was to insult non believers. So a special ending just for you

May all the atheist and theists be comforted with their knowledge that there is no gog.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:45 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,055,255 times
The big lie.
The phrase was also used in a report prepared during the war by the United States Office of Strategic Services in describing Hitler's psychological profile

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off;
never admit a fault or wrong;
never concede that there may be some good in your enemy;
never leave room for alternatives;
never accept blame;
concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong;
people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one;
and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Fascism
Fascists seek to purge forces and ideas deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration and produce their nation's rebirth based on commitment to the national community based on organic unity where individuals are bound together by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and blood.
Fascists believe that a nation requires strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong.
Fascist governments forbid and suppress opposition to the state
Fascists promote violence and war as actions that create national regeneration, spirit and vitality.
Fascists view conflict as a fact of life that is responsible for all human progress.
Fascists exalt militarism as providing positive transformation in society, in providing spiritual renovation, education, instilling of a will to dominate in people's character, and creating national comradeship through military service.
Fascists commonly utilize paramilitary organizations for violent attacks on political opponents, people whom they oppose, or overthrowing a political system.

Fascism is anti-anarchist, anti-communist, anti-conservative, anti-democratic, anti-individualist, anti-liberal, anti-parliamentary, anti-bourgeois, and anti-proletarian.
It entails a distinctive type of anti-capitalism and is typically, with a few exceptions, anti-clerical.
Fascism rejects the concepts of egalitarianism, materialism, and rationalism in favour of action, discipline, hierarchy, spirit, and will

Fascism = Anti-ism

Last edited by granpa; 02-25-2015 at 09:00 PM..

Old 02-25-2015, 08:55 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,099,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
I'm not knocking atheists in general so don't take this as an affront if as an atheist reading this you, personally are not capable of this. I get ticked at you guys just as I get ticked at the Fundamentalists but in reality there are some really good atheists on here just as there are some really good Fundamentalists on here. However, as the economy begins to decline there will unfortunately be greater elements of Nazism in this country--Nazism in Germany was partially a workers, partially a patriotic movement which may explain why the Germans impoverished after WWI took to it at first.

I'm not a psychic and I'm not a genius, but it is hard to ignore the reality on social media such as Facebook the greater presence of atheists who take to Nazi doctrine either in part or in whole. I subscribe to CNN posts and there people will honestly post Nazi flags; I'm sure if I subscribed to Fox News I would maybe not see the Nazi flag but I would see the rhetoric. In free speech theology groups there, which I only briefly joined, it is very common to run into atheists who are Nazis or agree in many aspects of the Nazi agenda. As more and more whites become marginalized in this stagnant and possibly turning bad economy more and more will Nazism be prevalent to the point where it becomes a valid thread in this country.

As a Catholic it is impossible to be Catholic and maintain any sort of Nazi leanings; the ideas go against the teachings of the Church as well as the global, diverse reach of the Church. Islam is in many ways the same, where congregates are from diverse ethnicities praying together. The mainline Protestant Churches that were started in Europe with congregates in Europe, America, Latin America, Africa and Asia very much accept the doctrine of the equality of spirit. Even in American churches, such as mainline Evangelical, there is a direction of greater diversity as more and more diverse audiences are attracted to it. However, there are those very segregated churches in America--in general uncommon--whose belief system is premised on ideas contrary to traditional Christianity.

However, the big threat comes from atheist communities who begin to take onto ideas such as eugenics, social Darwinism, inequality among racial groups, an identity rooted in race....etc...that will begin to become inevitably a new Nazism in this country. Also, ethical atheists who lived during the sixties, seventies, eighties and even nineties learned from experience the dangers of any ideology that promotes a sense of superiority at the expense of other--Civil Rights, the Vietnam War, the Korea War, the Cold War.

Unfortunately, there is a group of younger Americans whose only recollection of history is a horrible economic downturn, marginalization, a war premised on killing based on ideology instead of threat as well as other foreign concepts that will eventually lead to a new Nazi movement.

If this occurs, the only choice you have is to do as the Christ instructs in Mark 6:8

Peace be with you and may the Christ be with you Theists, Atheists and Agnostics.
Hitler was raised Catholic, and while some say he renounced his religion over time, it's unlikely that his Catholicism didn't have a profound effect on him.

Regardless, I've never seen an example of this happening. Nazism is a socially conservative and authoritarian movement. Few atheists that I've met are socially conservative. More are quite socially liberal and do not subscribe to theories of eugenics or racism. There are certainly a few that do, but they are a minority.

Now, if you want to say we're approaching fascism, you're wrong. It's alredy here, but it wasn't the atheists who brought it.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:25 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,878,241 times
There isn't enough time left to alter or morph. America into any old or new philosophies, culture, radicalization , revolution or barely enough time to run to Walmart in pajamas or "kill me and you will die sucka" tee shirt! Tribulation is knocking at the door.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:20 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,073,264 times
Hitler blamed both Atheism and Communism on the Jews. "God With Us" was the slogan of the Nazis. Ours become "Under God" during the Cold-War period about 50 years ago and "In God We Trust" was added to our currency "4 score and 7 years" after "Novos Ordo Secularus" as propaganda for the Union to win the Civil War, since the South was calling abolitionists "unbiblical" and "satanic," and was calling the Union "anti-God" for opposing Biblical Slavery and "states-rights" to allow slavery and "not amend the constitution." Best wishes for your continued education or peace.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 02-25-2015 at 10:31 PM..

Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,636,763 times
So you recently spent a very small amount of time on some discussion groups that had... what... maybe a dozen or so atheists who call themselves Nazis, and from that you conclude that atheists are going to take over the United States and turn it into a Nazi state?

I think you skipped over a couple of steps in the logical journey. Actually quite a lot of steps. I don't think the data you present is sufficient to support your conclusion.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,148,655 times
So we atheists are going to wind up in control?

Cool, certainly not something I expected in my lifetime.

Think maybe I could become Atheist Fuhrer? I pledge to be a benevolent despot, all Christian concentration camps will have Wi Fi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality