Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 07:08 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,910,364 times

Advertisements

OK, so what is your "new message for the world"?

Old 11-02-2013, 03:10 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,088,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
for question 1,
"a)" is the only misleading (F) answer
"b)" and "d)" are seemingly true by definition.

for question 2,
"a)" is the only unsubstantiated equivocation.

"b)" is miswriting and thus misleading, tadpole 2 should have explained he was talking about what created the first life, and then corrected himself and said we are here because it was inevitable in a closed system and our frog parents mated. "c)" is also misleading, that tadpole 3 should correct himself and explain that if they die as tadpoles they will most-likely never metamorph into frogs, they will merely become as a melted snow-flake and their remnants will nourish micro-organisms and scavengers... or the other possibilities.
fixed the quoted post. ^^

I also like the "there must be a God, tadpoles are talking" answer, because the word God itself does imply a lot of illogical things, especially when understood as "supernatural."

Old 11-04-2013, 06:02 PM

43 posts, read 44,947 times
We are confused because we do not understand the process of our creation. All life on earth is created by natural processes; we call it natural because we understand its progression. Once we understand the progression of our creation we will come to realize it is natural as well.

Explanations of our creation can be explained by observing nature. If there is no basis in nature then the explanation is not real. It is not an accident, nor is it divine; it is a natural process.

Develop clarity of thought. Do not be confused by ideology and self-ego. Simplicity is the secret to understanding the truth.

Note: The New Message for the World is called Epiphany.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,284,769 times
La, la, laaaaa....

Old 11-14-2013, 12:04 PM

On one side of you have religion, on the other side you have atheism; the truth lies somewhere in between. At the start of my journey I believed that we were created by this universe. In the end I realized that something or someone created this universe…. There is a purpose to our existence. We were created to evolve.

Our ability to understand is limited by our evolutionary comprehension. Scientists say that dinosaurs inhabited this planet for over a hundred million years. We have been here for a mere couple hundred thousand. Imagine our ability to comprehend a million years in the future.

Now further imagine our abilities fifty million years into the future; imagine how much we would change and how much we evolved. Now come back to today and compare our ability to understand to those in the future. Where are we on our evolutionary scale; we are the seeds in a garden waiting to grow.

Next: Epiphany, The New Message for the World.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:07 AM

EPIPHANY

Our creator created the universe. This universe is a tool of our creation. This planet was placed here in this galaxy to give birth to life and this life is an extension of the universe and it is our innate nature that drives us to find our creator.

As the search for our creator continues, we evolve. And then one day our descendants will come face to face with our creator and our creator will teach us how to create and then we will become creators and we will create universes.

This is my epiphany

EL

Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,131,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .EL. View Post
EPIPHANY

Our creator created the universe. This universe is a tool of our creation. This planet was placed here in this galaxy to give birth to life and this life is an extension of the universe and it is our innate nature that drives us to find our creator.

As the search for our creator continues, we evolve. And then one day our descendants will come face to face with our creator and our creator will teach us how to create and then we will become creators and we will create universes.

This is my epiphany

EL

Sounds like Mormanism mixed with Star Trek..

Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,456,843 times
Quote:
On one side of you have religion, on the other side you have atheism; the truth lies somewhere in between. At the start of my journey I believed that we were created by this universe. In the end I realized that something or someone created this universe…. There is a purpose to our existence. We were created to evolve.

Our ability to understand is limited by our evolutionary comprehension. Scientists say that dinosaurs inhabited this planet for over a hundred million years. We have been here for a mere couple hundred thousand. Imagine our ability to comprehend a million years in the future.

Now further imagine our abilities fifty million years into the future; imagine how much we would change and how much we evolved. Now come back to today and compare our ability to understand to those in the future. Where are we on our evolutionary scale; we are the seeds in a garden waiting to grow.

Next: Epiphany, The New Message for the World.
This could be accurate. But you have presented no reason to assume it is any more likely to be accurate than any of infinite possibilities.

Perhaps there was/is a creator. Perhaps there is a purpose. Or perhaps...

Old 11-18-2013, 03:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,284,769 times
Quote:
EPIPHANY

This is my epiphany

EL
Well, it beats mine I suppose - which was putting insoles in my boots keeps my feet warmer.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:31 PM

64,025 posts, read 40,336,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well, it beats mine I suppose - which was putting insoles in my boots keeps my feet warmer.
LOL . . . ah Trout my friend . . . you have a wonderful wit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality